case cvx's

Two engineers will be shot Monday morning as a wake up call to the rest of them for putting wires under the seat . Seats are for sitting in they are not there

If they shot a engineer every time a fault code appears on a cvx there would be no engineers left. The best part of a cvx and the only thing not to fail seems to be the little screen that shows the error codes:oops2:

Two engineers will be shot Monday morning as a wake up call to the rest of them for putting wires under the seat . Seats are for sitting in they are not there

There are some silly things, had a major fault 2 years ago, computers taken out and sent to England, came back no better. Turned out to be a frayed wire in behind the brake pedals :huh:

If they shot a engineer every time a fault code appears on a cvx there would be no engineers left. The best part of a cvx and the only thing not to fail seems to be the little screen that shows the error codes:oops2:

That’s holding up fairly well:lol:

Hi there. New to the site. Looking at an 01 cvx 130 with 7.5k hours. Haven’t physically seen it. It’s in the mainland and I’m in Northern Ireland. Spoken to dealer few times about it. What should I be looking out for? I’m looking for hedgecutter! Any help appreciated! Thanks. Mark.

Hi there. New to the site. Looking at an 01 cvx 130 with 7.5k hours. Haven’t physically seen it. It’s in the mainland and I’m in Northern Ireland. Spoken to dealer few times about it. What should I be looking out for? I’m looking for hedgecutter! Any help appreciated! Thanks. Mark.

If it is the one at Townsons it needed a water pipe, the right door latch was busted and the bonnet had been resprayed from about 50m away - nothing major just little things which need sorting. Couldn't get the fault codes to show and didn't drive it as I was just passing and dropped in for a nose. @laoisfarmer bought his CVX from there so will be able to advise what they are like to deal with.

If it is the one at Townsons it needed a water pipe, the right door latch was busted and the bonnet had been resprayed from about 50m away - nothing major just little things which need sorting. Couldn't get the fault codes to show and didn't drive it as I was just passing and dropped in for a nose. @laoisfarmer bought his CVX from there so will be able to advise what they are like to deal with.
Good to deal with but I would be going for a look , only an hour or so up the road from Manchester airport. That tractor has been there a while.

B7A913A7-14D4-4369-BA5F-2C7041A0C492.jpeg So ive been optimistic and ordered a ball bearing for the end of stepper motor only to pull apart today to find the ball is in good condition. But on the end of the motor there is a little adjustable screw with a lock nut that has come loose. Anyone no what effect this has and how it is meant to be set or adjusted?? Thank you

View attachment 57892 So ive been optimistic and ordered a ball bearing for the end of stepper motor only to pull apart today to find the ball is in good condition. But on the end of the motor there is a little adjustable screw with a lock nut that has come loose. Anyone no what effect this has and how it is meant to be set or adjusted?? Thank you
I'm sorry I don't know its purpose, I have one here I could get a measurement off for you but they may be set individually I suspect. What was the tractor doing ??

I'm sorry I don't know its purpose, I have one here I could get a measurement off for you but they may be set individually I suspect. What was the tractor doing ??
Sometimes it keeps driving slowly by itself. Or when you go to drive of it doesn’t change up gears only does about 5km. Load clunks shifting forward to reverse. All the problems are a lot worse on a hill

Sometimes it keeps driving slowly by itself. Or when you go to drive of it doesn’t change up gears only does about 5km. Load clunks shifting forward to reverse. All the problems are a lot worse on a hill
Well those are stepper motor symptoms, did it not have one recently/ before you had it or did I dream that??

Well those are stepper motor symptoms, did it not have one recently/ before you had it or did I dream that??
It had one about 5 years ago. They said it was the updated one form the original and should be good now but obviously still give trouble. I’m guessing it’s done at least 3000hrs on that one

It had one about 5 years ago. They said it was the updated one form the original and should be good now but obviously still give trouble. I’m guessing it’s done at least 3000hrs on that one
It should of last longer than that really, the engine isn't hunting at low revs is it? Cause that'll play havoc with them as they're constantly moving to counter the revs fluctuating.

It should of last longer than that really, the engine isn't hunting at low revs is it? Cause that'll play havoc with them as they're constantly moving to counter the revs fluctuating.
Does hunt occasionally but still faults when running smooth. It faults a lot worse if you are driving at slow speed say 2km then shift to the opposite direction without lifting foot off travel pedal. Got a price in New Zealand for a stepper motor $7500!!!

Is there any information in workshop manuals about the little lock nut adjuster thing that has come loose. The manual I have had no info on stepper motor

Last edited:
Does hunt occasionally but still faults when running smooth. It faults a lot worse if you are driving at slow speed say 2km then shift to the opposite direction without lifting foot off travel pedal. Got a price in New Zealand for a stepper motor $7500!!!

Is there any information in workshop manuals about the little lock nut adjuster thing that has come loose. The manual I have had no info on stepper motor
That's a horrendous figure, does linde hydraulics have any depots out with you? Unfortunately there's nothing in the manual about working on the motor or settings. Isn't there any Case dealers out there that deal the French firm Briezlec, it'll be half the price off them.

I don't know would it be a adjustable stop, if you screwed it in does affect the travel of the arm on the end?

That's a horrendous figure, does linde hydraulics have any depots out with you? Unfortunately there's nothing in the manual about working on the motor or settings. Isn't there any Case dealers out there that deal the French firm Briezlec, it'll be half the price off them.

I don't know would it be a adjustable stop, if you screwed it in does affect the travel of the arm on the end?
Will do some ringing around tomorrow and see what people know. If I can find a old stepper motor I could pull apart and see how they work. The case dealer I was talking to said they have stopped making parts for them so whatever stock case have that’s it

Will do some ringing around tomorrow and see what people know. If I can find a old stepper motor I could pull apart and see how they work. The case dealer I was talking to said they have stopped making parts for them so whatever stock case have that’s it
Case buy parts off ZF ?

A guy told me manufacturers legally only have to supply parts for ten years I don't know is this right or not. Transmission parts are available off ZF and the hydro unit is linde so I wouldn't think there's a problem in the near future anyway, might be worse if it was all made in house maybe!

Back