case cvx's

I was comparing the cvx a superior tractor to the range that came directly after it.
Not the one that's out 20 years later
Pumas were directly after the cvx, I had the choice between them when buying. Went for the old style one although I might have been better with a 240cvx

Pumas were directly after the cvx, I had the choice between them when buying. Went for the old style one although I might have been better with a 240cvx
Yes but as above its being compared to a t7. 270
Yours is one of the last steyr ones?
Many hours?
How has it performed

Yes but as above its being compared to a t7. 270
Yours is one of the last steyr ones?
Many hours?
How has it performed
A t7. 270 is only a short step after, a 7060? Would have been available at the same time as the last cvxs.
Yeah got one of the very last 175's would have been a few smaller ones available still but not many after it Done around 5000 hrs with it, touch wood been fairly trouble free up to now.as I said above a 240 would probably be a better match to the tanker, running with 600kg weight on the front I'm going over weighbridge at 31t so a few extra horses would help and a touch more weight for grip on the hills round here. On the mowers it's well on top with two 10's looking out for a cheap rear butterfly so I can work slower don't need extra output just would rather be steady up and down the field than sat at 20-25kph all day. One of the nicest tractors to drive that I've used tried a new puma 165 with gears for a day this year and really didn't like the armrest or the pedals, exhaust brake pedal is too close to the floor too easy to accidentally set your foot on it throttle pedal was at an awkward angle so spent most of the time driving it with the hand throttle. As for replacing it, we'll I really don't know which way to go, fendt 724 possibly but don't like the local dealer. Nh again dealer problems. Possibly deutz 7250 would be nice but look a bit big so maybe a 6215 but could do with the extra hp of the 7250

Again, having driven both, i could get more out of the new one, if i’m working in the right target speed range, transmission agressiveness is set up right, it will work.

Beautiful thing about this world we live in, is that we all have opinions. I respect yours, but disagree with it.
What do you mean by 'target speed range'? Does it work better at certain speeds or something? One guy with a puma reckoned spreading fert was a pig because it fluctuated too much from the set speed on undulating fields, said the older type just sat there all day long at the set speed!

Is a tvt7550 or cvx195 being compared to a T7 270 above or have i got muddled???

A t7. 270 is only a short step after, a 7060? Would have been available at the same time as the last cvxs.
Yeah got one of the very last 175's would have been a few smaller ones available still but not many after it Done around 5000 hrs with it, touch wood been fairly trouble free up to now.as I said above a 240 would probably be a better match to the tanker, running with 600kg weight on the front I'm going over weighbridge at 31t so a few extra horses would help and a touch more weight for grip on the hills round here. On the mowers it's well on top with two 10's looking out for a cheap rear butterfly so I can work slower don't need extra output just would rather be steady up and down the field than sat at 20-25kph all day. One of the nicest tractors to drive that I've used tried a new puma 165 with gears for a day this year and really didn't like the armrest or the pedals, exhaust brake pedal is too close to the floor too easy to accidentally set your foot on it throttle pedal was at an awkward angle so spent most of the time driving it with the hand throttle. As for replacing it, we'll I really don't know which way to go, fendt 724 possibly but don't like the local dealer. Nh again dealer problems. Possibly deutz 7250 would be nice but look a bit big so maybe a 6215 but could do with the extra hp of the 7250
The new one is still 3 generations of tractor after the cvx to you had the t70x0?
The t 72xx and the new style t72xx.
I suppose its not really the tractors fault its too small for what you need to do.
There Savage compact for the power

Again, having driven both, i could get more out of the new one, if i’m working in the right target speed range, transmission agressiveness is set up right, it will work.

Beautiful thing about this world we live in, is that we all have opinions. I respect yours, but disagree with it.

Is it easy to adjust how aggressive the pto engages on a Stage IV T7?

What do you mean by 'target speed range'? Does it work better at certain speeds or something? One guy with a puma reckoned spreading fert was a pig because it fluctuated too much from the set speed on undulating fields, said the older type just sat there all day long at the set speed!

Is a tvt7550 or cvx195 being compared to a T7 270 above or have i got muddled???
Not the same.
I’ve both.
I think I understand where Ó hÉidin is coming from.
The T7xxx will sit comfortably at a certain engine revs and box agressivité all day long, and is quite a workhorse in that scenario.
The Austrian will do the same but not in as refined a way. He’s right.
Also the Austrian will guzzle juice for the same output...Tvt 195 grubbing will use 18L/ha while the T7 will do the same work for 11L/ha.
For messing around with hedgecutter/ diet feeder etc I’ll take the Austrian over the T7 any day. Horses for courses.

What about the Puma equivalent of a t7050 with a cvx Box

The T7000 Autocommand launched in 2010, there was overlap on The CIH front where they offered both for about 18 months, NH ditched the ZF transmission pretty much instantly once the T7000 was available.

The T7070 is still to this day the best sounding tractor ever made.

The T7000 Autocommand launched in 2010, there was overlap on The CIH front where they offered both for about 18 months, NH ditched the ZF transmission pretty much instantly once the T7000 was available.

The T7070 is still to this day the best sounding tractor ever made.
So was the first 18 months there was no auto command available?

So was the first 18 months there was no auto command available?

What o Heiden is saying is the T7500 (Which was the last of the Steyr based Auto Commands) ptetty much ceased production in 2010 when NH added an Auto Command version of the T7000 long wheel base tractors. The SWB Auto Command was added a couple of years later.

Case IH on the other hand continued with the Steyr based CVX alongside the Puma CVX until it was not possible to make the Steyr tractor due to engine emissions.

The LWB T7000/Puma meant more power was available with the newer tractors but on the flip side they are a physically bigger tractor. The FPT is a good engine too.

Would be good to spend a couple of days with a T7AC at some point as not used one for any length of time to compare although I have suggested to my brother a T7 would be a good replacement for his Fendt 920 when the time comes

What o Heiden is saying is the T7500 (Which was the last of the Steyr based Auto Commands) ptetty much ceased production in 2010 when NH added an Auto Command version of the T7000 long wheel base tractors. The SWB Auto Command was added a couple of years later.

Case IH on the other hand continued with the Steyr based CVX alongside the Puma CVX until it was not possible to make the Steyr tractor due to engine emissions.

The LWB T7000/Puma meant more power was available with the newer tractors but on the flip side they are a physically bigger tractor. The FPT is a good engine too.

Would be good to spend a couple of days with a T7AC at some point as not used one for any length of time to compare although I have suggested to my brother a T7 would be a good replacement for his Fendt 920 when the time comes
There seems to be alot of different ideas as to why they stopped making the steyr.
Was it the emmisons? I'm sure they would get a sisu to pass there still in valtras
Another I heard was the box couldn't take big hp.
Another was case wanted to continue with them NH didn't.
My own guess as they were probably too dear to produce.
Everything was kinda outsourced bar the back end so I can imagine that made them expensive

There seems to be alot of different ideas as to why they stopped making the steyr.
Was it the emmisons? I'm sure they would get a sisu to pass there still in valtras
Everything was kinda outsourced bar the back end so I can imagine that made them expensive

It will have been cost,the emissions card is bollocks,Land Rover said the same regarding the defender,ffs the same engine was/still used in transits.

Back end was out sourced too its a zf

Backend was outsourced. It was a ZF.

But in essence. You are correct, it was a component tractor that was becoming dear to produce and putting it through emissionisation would have pushed costs even further.

It was already getting cramped under the bonnet so trying to fit the extra gubbins would of been a challenge as well as trying to get rid of the additional heat which is actually the bigger issue. Plus why buy in an engine when you have one of the best motors around.

Remember being in Saint Val towards the end of the production run and there was a line of CVXs waiting on front axles.

Back