case cvx's

Discussion in 'Machinery Matters' started by headcase, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Win

Win Well-Known Member

It had the stepper motor done last year I think, it has also had brakes although might be a few years now. The bushes on the shocks of the cab suspension need doing, there was a ridiculous figure quoted for ones off Case surely they could be got elsewhere for a few quid. Think there might be a spool not working, it's had some electrical issues recently but that would be the operator not the tractors fault. As I said above the thing pulls like a train though!! With a bit of tlc it would more than likely be fine.

2. Ó hÉidin

Ó hÉidin Well-Known Member

See below, gives you enough to go on for a while anyway. - these were written by an Austrian and as such the language can be odd, so take your time to make sure you understand what they are saying, if it refers to a test adapter, this is a special tool, but something like a mulitmeter might get you going.

EEM3 - 241 Final stage 1, short-circuit to battery +
    Description:
    The ground supply of the high pressure pump solenoid valve Y20 has a short-circuit on battery +.

Possible causes:
    1. Faulty cable
    2. Faulty engine controller

Reaction:
    EC is stored and warning lamp is activated.
    Solution:

NOTE:
    As soon as the cause of the error code has been removed, you must delete the error code and check the
    system for proper functioning.
    1. Before proceeding clear the error code. Turn the starter switch to the "OFF" position. Wait 5 seconds and turn the
    starter switch to the "ON" position. If the fault re-occurs, continue with step 2.

2. Check the electrical connections of the high pressure pump solenoid valve Y20 and the connector X16/1 of the
    engine controller.

a) Ensure the connector is connected, not damaged, the pins are in the correct position and that the fit is tight.
    Repair or replace as required.

b) If the electrical connections are OK, continue

3. Check the ground supply for a short-circuit on battery +.

a) Connect the test adapter to the connector X2/21. (Solenoid valve unplugged) Turn the starter switch to "ON".
    Measure the voltage between connector X2/21 PIN1 and ground. If the voltage indicated is approximately +4
    volts, continue to step 0.
    b) If a short-circuit is displayed on battery +, rerpair or replace the cable.
    4. If no short-circuit exists you can load the current engine software version. If the error re-occurs, replace the engine controller.

EEM3 - 446 Fuel delivery pressure, too low

Description:
    The fuel delivery pressure is lower than 0.75 bar.
    Possible causes:
    1. No fuel in the tank
    2. Fuel filter is clogged
    3. Air in the delivery circuit
    4. Faulty fuel delivery system (fuel pump)
    5. Faulty connector or wiring
    6. Faulty fuel delivery pressure
    7. Faulty engine controller

Reaction:
    EC is stored and the warning lamp is activated. The engine power is reduced to 75% and the engine speed limited to
    1,800 rpm.

Solution:
    NOTE:
    As soon as the cause of the error code has been removed, you must delete the error code and check the
    system for proper functioning.
    1. Check the mechanical components of the fuel delivery system for proper function. (fuel level in the tank, fuel
    filter,
    fuel pump, hoses and pipes) Check the fuel delivery pressure and then vent the system.
    a) If the cause of the delivery pressure being too low lies in a mechanical component, remedy this fault.
    b) If the mechanical components are OK, the fault lies in the electrical system. Go to step 2

2. Check connector X3/39 of the fuel delivery pressure sensor B39 and connector X36/1 of the engine controller.
    a) Check whether the connectors are plugged in, there is no damage, the pins are in the right position and the
    connectors are secure. Repair or replace as required.
    b) If the connectors are okay, continue to step 3.
    3. Check the sensor supply using test adapter
    a) Connect the test adapter to the connector X3/39. (Sensor unplugged) Turn the starter switch
    to the "ON" position and measure the supply voltage between connection:
    X3/39 PIN3 and PIN1.

The displayed voltage must be 5 volts. If the voltage is not reached, go to step 4.
    b) If the supply voltage is correct, go to step 5.
    4. Check the wiring to the sensor for short-circuit to ground and for breaks.
    a) Disconnect connector X36/1 from the engine controller. Check between connector:

X3/39 PIN2 and ground
    X3/39 PIN3 and ground
    X3/39 PIN1 and X36/1 PIN17
    X3/39 PIN2 and X36/1 PIN21
    X3/39 PIN3 and X36/1 PIN31
    If a short-circuit to ground or a break is displayed, repair or replace the cable.

5. Check the sensor.
    a) Connect the connector X36/1 to the engine controller and the sensor to the test adapter. Turn the starter switch
    to the "ON" position and check the signal voltage between connector:
    X3/39 PIN2 and PIN1
    The displayed signal voltage must be about 1.9 volts. If the voltage is not reached, replace the sensor.
    If the signal voltage is OK, replace the engine controller.

3. YELROM

YELROM Member

Got a 08 cvx 195, the handbrake seems to be Not releasing sometimes after trying to go forward or backwards. Anyone any ideas where to start Can’t even find the handbrake is it a transmission brake?

4. Profi Farmer

Profi Farmer Well-Known Member

5. Ó hÉidin

⬆️ She’s nice.

6. Profi Farmer

And not far away :scratchhead:

7. nashmach

nashmach Moderator

Only up nine minutes and you had it copped! :laugh: you must have it bought by now!

Profi Farmer likes this.
  8. Win

Win Well-Known Member

The park lock is on the pinion shaft inside, no sgr error when it happens I take it?? Does it make a difference when warm or cold?

9. DCol

DCol Well-Known Member

10. Ó hÉidin

You’d been given the heads up . . . .

Profi Farmer likes this.
  11. DCol

DCol Well-Known Member

Anyone have ideas of hours or monies?

12. johndeere6920s

johndeere6920s Well-Known Member

Front axle on the tvt needs a few bits doing.
    Im trying to gather as much info as I can before I go at it.
    It's floppy for all the world there's, no force behind it like when you take off at a junction the suspension could go full travel.
    It gives the odd nod when stopped could decide to go up fully and then all the way down.
    Finally she is after starting to click slightly locking on with thr 4wd on.
    I know it the hangers is there any fix before it gets bad?

13. Win

Win Well-Known Member

The newer type hangers are adjustable so the click can be taken out by screwing the caps in, if its the older type where the caps are held in with a circlip then you might be able to put a shim behind the circlip to take out the side to side movement. I know Case don't do parts for the older type you have to have the newer type kit to convert it, whether HES do parts I don't know. If the suspension isn't coming up on times or randomly going up and down then replace the rubber sensor drive disk first, think we've said about these before? Make sure there's no end float on the top wishbone, it'll wear the rubber if the wishbone is constantly moving forwards and backwards, there's thrust washers available to put in to take out any play.

johndeere6920s and TimN like this.
  14. hanixman

hanixman Well-Known Member

DCol and Profi Farmer like this.
  15. YELROM

YELROM Member

It doesn't seem to make any difference if it is warm or cold
    It does bring up error codes some times when you start it, but has done for a while
    I think SGR might be one of the codes it sometimes brings up and something like FMGR as well

If you start the tractor and select forward it will either drive away as normal or the transmission just strains when you press the throttle
    If it starts and drives away it seems to be alright as long as you don't let the handbrake come back on

Do you have a diagram of the handbrake system and what would you check

16. DCol

DCol Well-Known Member

cormywormy likes this.
  17. Profi Farmer

It wasn't me :no:

brian211kennedy likes this.
  18. DCol

DCol Well-Known Member

Or me:lol:

19. headcase

headcase Very Senior Member

20. Win

Win Well-Known Member

It was me........................

Only teasing, it wasn't me either!!!:tongue:
    Can you get the codes for us? It may be a faulty solenoid or the valve itself, the early ones were prone to sticking, the one here wouldn't put the park lock on when it was warm, turned out there was a newer type valve. Might be worth swapping the solenoid's over just to see, that valve is double acting so has two coils on it, might be a case the tractor thinks the lock has come off but hasn't!! Don't think it move if it thought it was still engaged. The valve block is inside the plastic cover on the side of the transmission, easy enough to get at anyway, think the park lock is nearest the back, all the other valves have one coil on so should be obvious. Make sure to swap the plugs over too!

scoffcruddle, YELROM and Profi Farmer like this.
  21. Ó hÉidin

Its not, i’ll be looking at it tomorrow when i’m down there.

22. DCol

DCol Well-Known Member

Cool, 1000 word review after? :lol: I was in Gorey today and it crossed my mind to go up. What hours are on it?

23. c4l

c4l Well-Known Member

DCol likes this.
  24. Profi Farmer

scoffcruddle likes this.
  25. Agri Power

Agri Power Well-Known Member

:ohmy:There all getting out...