cheap drill for power harrow

Merv_B

Just wondering what you lot think is a good drill for mounting on a power harrow. We have a 3m Kuhn HR3002 and were just thinking if we slung a drill on the back it would save getting a contractor in for that job. But as we only do 100 acres or so now it is not worth spending a fortune on eg under £2k and we are on reasonably heavy ground which usually needs one if not two passes of a power harrow.

Fiona seem to be simple and have a good rep, not sure about Accord at this end of the market, what about Sulky or even Vicon. Amzone good drill but usually need to go on their own harrow because of the packer mounting.

Merv

stick with the fiona, simple to adjust and work with. dealers everywhere and cheap bits.

every grass box this end of the world is a fiona, not many cereal drills around here.

I'd go for Amazone either a pack top or one on a hyd linkage.
You should be able to get a well minded D8 drill and linkage for under 2k. Very simple,accurate and robust drill with no electronics, but still tramlining is reliable, v easy to spot blocked coulters and a good following harrow. Only downside is small hopper capacity.

Up and Over linkage is handy for giving places a second run too.

You can get brackets to fit an Amazone packtop to any harrow but you may have to buy these new which would be $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thanks for the help so far. Will Amazone drills easily mount on to other makes of power harrow and what models are people recommending? Also how much for a hydraulic linkage if it was required?

No takers on sulky or Lely then.

Nordsten Drill

Hi i'm new to this,so here goes.Was also looking for a cheap drill,and came across a Nordsten to go on my Machio power harrow.Has anyone any idea what size of tractor would you need.I only run 4 pot tractors,would this be to small?I only grow a small acreage so output would not be an issue.

Hi i'm new to this,so here goes.Was also looking for a cheap drill,and came across a Nordsten to go on my Machio power harrow.Has anyone any idea what size of tractor would you need.I only run 4 pot tractors,would this be to small?I only grow a small acreage so output would not be an issue.

Used to run a Nordsten box drill,on top of a Rotterra,pulled by a Ford 6640.

thats plenty power used to run an amazone on a 3350,it struggled to lift it but a modern same will have far better lift capacity.

cheap drill

A Same 1004,think it has 3.5t lift just might be a bit light on the nose.Only reason i am looking is i can never get contractor to come to sow my small acreage,and when he does come its last thing at night.

Back