Cheapest way to get phone data in Europe?

muckymanor

I'm away in France for 2 separate weeks over the summer - one for work and one for holidays. I need to keep in contact with the office the first week to get email. I also want to use sat nav on my phone so I need a data connection.

I have a really good deal on my phone provider so i don't want the hassle of changing. The provider has bundles that make calling abroad very cheap - plus roaming charges for calls have a new cap coming in which make them very cheap. The provider does not provide a data bundle.

So here's the plan - my phone is a dual sim. I'm hoping to get a prepaid sim which I will use for data only on the phone. Should I go with some of the Irish providers or is there better value to be had from buying a french sim?

Any views lads?

no idea to be honest, but you should check out Here Maps, it's available for all the major phone platforms and you can download a countries maps over wifi before you travel giving you full proper sat nav with no data costs.

no idea to be honest, but you should check out Here Maps, it's available for all the major phone platforms and you can download a countries maps over wifi before you travel giving you full proper sat nav with no data costs.

Ended up shopping on ebay and bought a lebara mobile for 50c + €2 postage. Can top it up with €10 over there or online here and I can have unlimited data. Handy job!

Back