Claas Tractors

Suprised at them giving back end trouble as they have the same backend and box as the mf .and the only time the masseys give that kind of trouble is when they get the wrong oil

Clutch packs arnt the strongest .if for example you get stuck in the mud and shunt back and forward at high revs trying to get out they burn out . Also the beveled washers inside the clutch packs that act as springs have been known to crack . Ant once they crack you can't get gearbox to calabrate and that throws up problems

Some of then did . Supposedly there was a bad batch if them going about although this one should have been built after they had that sorted . Think having 3 go is a bit if an anomaly but it could be that the one with the big chunk out of it has caused the other 2 to fail

i take it its just the standard box didnt know there was a heavy duty one . its a teir 4 2014 620

i take it its just the standard box didnt know there was a heavy duty one . its a teir 4 2014 620
MF use to split them, under 6480 had lighter backend and gearbox, 6485 and up use the heavier backend and gearbox.
I can't remember where Class changeover.

Axion use the heavier backend as 6485 and up and massey do give the same trouble if not worse when it comes to the bevel washers 54 64 56 66 and 76 series are all fond of those washers and have bein known to destroy the clutch pack housing as well

Last edited:
have a 12 reg iirc arion 420 here (non front suspension model) got it chipped shortly after getting it as it lacked torque on the hills been fine ever since. does all our bale handling with front loader and double lifter, fert with a 2 bag centreliner and sprays with a 1200l amazone with 15m booms - would have no issues of using it with 18m. does need front weights if you're going to fill the sprayer. haven't ploughed with it only moved a kv ed85 4 fur round the yard so not sure how it would fair. handy tractor with a good turning lock can combine the oil pumps which makes loader work very quick. much more straight forward looking tractor to the newer models. only real downfall is the lack of front suspension made worse by the short wheelbase but goes with the territory of a small 4cyl tractor. very reliable so far (bit over 2500hrs) just needing servicing a new battery in august 16 and a slightly stretched spool cable which just needed adjusting.
@James for better or worse i've bought a 420 CIS will see how she goes but just interested that you had yours remapped, seems to be done a lot of the pre ad-blue tractrors once they're out of warranty to give them more torque, we might not not have any need to but just wondering who you used and any idea what she was putting out before v's now, basically any info or thoughts on it. There is a local guy who is an agent for one of the guys in the North.

@James for better or worse i've bought a 420 CIS will see how she goes but just interested that you had yours remapped, seems to be done a lot of the pre ad-blue tractrors once they're out of warranty to give them more torque, we might not not have any need to but just wondering who you used and any idea what she was putting out before v's now, basically any info or thoughts on it. There is a local guy who is an agent for one of the guys in the North.

Well wear and best of luck with it @WestCorkBoy :Thumbp2:

I know it's a resprayed and decalled Renault, but didn't think this was bad value.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/claas-ares-566-rz/20946452

Looks quite clean for the hours too.

ZDRlMzlkMmQyMWZhNTJkY2VhYWNjN2Y2ZTcxZGE5ZjSr-GA5a5Q4uYvmvRqnqI23aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTc1ODA5NTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

How's it. Going a year later

How's it. Going a year later
Going grand, JD engine is a bit gutless, have been making enquiries about getting it remapped which is supposed to make a big difference to them. Great loader tractor nice size and weight, combined flow for loader hydraulics is very nice, spool valves and gears on joystick very nice for fert and spraying, I like the gearbox speed matching, overall happy with it.

The Kellys of Borris special edition ended up a bit away!
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/2014-claas-630cis/21117073

NGU1YTg1YTNlNGFhM2NkOWJmNGFkODEzYjg2YTUzZTKiTpRtYFrqgSU_jymW5pRfaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTg5MjUwNzl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Nearly 100% sure that ain’t the black ones that Kelly’s had out. They were out in 2017 for the 60th anniversary. That tractor in that add I think was brought in from Europe from a lad between my place and Borris who brings in machinery and uses them but shifts them on regularly. He put the pto on it and ran front and rear claas mounted mowers on it.

Yea just found the add from when Jimmy was selling it. Can’t make out the number plate but fairly sure.
https://www.donedeal.ie/view/20761419
Claas Arion 630

Nearly 100% sure that ain’t the black ones that Kelly’s had out. They were out in 2017 for the 60th anniversary. That tractor in that add I think was brought in from Europe from a lad between my place and Borris who brings in machinery and uses them but shifts them on regularly. He put the pto on it and ran front and rear claas mounted mowers on it.

Yea just found the add from when Jimmy was selling it. Can’t make out the number plate but fairly sure.
Claas Arion 630
number plate up next to the exhaust would suggest it has been imported

I see a red sticker, slightly under the white sticker which looks like the long red Kellys Of Borris sticker??? :confused3:

I see a red sticker, slightly under the white sticker which looks like the long red Kellys Of Borris sticker??? :confused3:

True that. But he would have a very good relationship with Kelly’s. He would have worked for them for years and his brother still mechanics with them

Claas Arion 630

My bad :blushing: you are spot on Daniel, it's a CW reg alright!

Back