Classic Tractor this month

Use to subscribe to Earthmovers but the same thing was happening was in the shop before I got it ..............gave up when it can up for renewal...........

I used to subscribe to Practical Farm Ideas, out 4 times a year. Sometimes it never came, rang Mike Donovan , and he send on a copy. A month later , the one subscription copy might turn up , or not. In any case , you could get it in a local shop , a month earlier.

Noticed it last autumn. Think my renewal was January .was subscribed for a long time

Thanks for still getting the magazine. We have a meeting in a couple of weeks and will ask if there is anything else we can do with getting it to subscribers quicker but I think we are just at the mercy of An Post.

My wife gets Farmers Guardian sent over like a subscriber and it is at least 10-14 days late but if her colleague sticks a copy in an envelope it will be here on 3-4 days

I wouldn't have a clue when these are in the shops because I'd rarely be in a shop that sells them so It doesnt worry me when it comes

I would normally pick up most of the magazines I get in shops regardless as anytime I used to get them by subscription it was often 2 to 3 weeks late.

@Rorsday I was just having a look back at the last 2 issues of CT and had a quick question, are you still running the "Power On the Land" photo competition this year?

I used to subscribe to Practical Farm Ideas, out 4 times a year. Sometimes it never came, rang Mike Donovan , and he send on a copy. A month later , the one subscription copy might turn up , or not. In any case , you could get it in a local shop , a month earlier.

That's pretty reliable for me I must admit. It was in the shops earlier this week and my copy was here on Friday.

I just get Classic Tractor in Easons or the local shop here as I've read too much about delays on here.

Reading this months edition and there's a David Brown 1690 that's been done up, looks a fine job too........................But why do people go to the trouble of doing a tractor up and in this case quite a rare one then put extra bits on which shouldn't be on it. I know its their tractor and they can do as they wish, but I reckon it spoils it to have led's and twin beacons stuck up on the roof when there is no place for them. It just looks wrong!
Is it just me who thinks this?:blushing:

Oh crap meant to put this in the classic tractor thread, think i'm losing the plot:wacko:
Mods help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading this months edition and there's a David Brown 1690 that's been done up, looks a fine job too........................But why do people go to the trouble of doing a tractor up and in this case quite a rare one then put extra bits on which shouldn't be on it. I know its their tractor and they can do as they wish, but I reckon it spoils it to have led's and twin beacons stuck up on the roof when there is no place for them. It just looks wrong!

Oh crap meant to put this in the classic tractor thread, think i'm losing the plot:wacko:
Mods help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done Win!

Reactions: Win

Mods help!!!!!!!!!!!!
I,d be inclined to agree, after a major undertaking like that maintaining originality would have been a priority, for me anyway.

Mods help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm the opposite, I think any man should be allowed do whatever he wants to his machine as long as it's not a H&S hazard

I'm the opposite, I think any man should be allowed do whatever he wants to his machine as long as it's not a H&S hazard
Absolutely but when going to the effort of restoring a machine, adding on bits that make it look tacky is a strange thing to do. There is a lot to be said for doing things tastefully.

Mods help!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it depends on what it's going to be used for.

If it's ultimately retired and going to be sitting in a shed, then I'd be all for originality.

If on the other hand, its going to be regularly worked, then id be fine with the extra lights (and enough to light up the local town mind) and a more comfy seat.

Some interesting comments on the Cochranes' DB 1690 Turbo in the latest issue. There are pros and cons to adding non-original fixtures/accessories, in this case LED worklights, front fenders and a flashing beacon. I guess in this instance, the add-ons were all practical features - the fenders to keep road spray off the newly-painted tinwork, the work lights to improve visibility at night and while loading/unloading a trailer, and the beacon to make other road users aware of the tractor on the road. Apart from that, I think the family tried hard to remain fairly true to the original appearance.

The other point to make is that if they hadn't undertaken the project in the first place, there might have been one less rare 1690 Turbo due to rot in the cab of their machine and other problems.

It is each to their own I guess.

Ultimately, nice to see it generating some interest on the forum.

R Day, Classic Tractor

I havent seen it yet. Did they say that i was looking for a women?
Lol, you just reminded me, a uncle was home from England for the last few weeks, helping out doing up the low loader and a few other jobs, and he reckons he knows of a woman looking for a Irish husband. I forget where she's from but I think her brother was looking for her. Might be a bit old for you though

No mention of that, you should of had a 'wanted' ad up on the side the Hesston saying you looking for one, seeing as its the most photographed harvester in the last six weeks.

"Wanted , Woman, easy on the eye , easier on my ears. Good bank balance essential . Decent acreage of good land very welcome . Mechanical knowledge of MF tractors , Hesston SPFHs and Pottinger wagons desirable. "

Back