Classic Tractor this month

From my point of view, feel free to fire away Toastfighter. All feedback on Heritage Tractor, the sister title to Classic Tractor and Farm Machinery Journal, is gratefully received.

R Day

Great, I'm really looking forward to seeing it. Likewise Rory, yourself and Eoghan were a pleasure to deal with, hope to chat soon.

Dint get to see it yet myself! Hopefully it will look well!
It looks well alright, very well in fact, I know we've had a discussion before but IMO that's how a tractor should be done back to original, even the radio is right! No led's and twin beacons, lovin it! :clap:

It looks well alright, very well in fact, I know we've had a discussion before but IMO that's how a tractor should be done back to original, even the radio is right! No led's and twin beacons, lovin it! :clap:
Cheers lad, well she definitely won't be wearing beacons or or led's, I hate that kind of stuff on old tractors! There are still a few jobs on the list, the exhaust will be changed as soon as I get a few hours to repair the original and I'm still on the hunt for correct weight frame and rear work lights. I really wanted to have those jobs done before Eoghan from classic tractor came to photograph it but I was tight for time as I really need the tractor for working at home now and I figured if I left it another few months I'd never be able to keep her as fresh looking once I start using her properly, no matter how well you mind it paint gets chipped off arms and hitch etc andthe tires are impossible to get as black as they are when new. On the morning they came to photograph her it was quite sunny , I spent about 3 hours washing and polishing and blackening tires etc, I thought it looked great and about 5 minutes after Eoghan arrived the heavens opened and it continued to bucket down for the entire time he was there, typical feckin sligo weather! I should have a few up to date pics shortly as I'm just restoring a tanco 978 loader for her, it breaks my heart to put a loader on her but that's what she was bought for and she has to earn her keep!

Cheers lad, well she definitely won't be wearing beacons or or led's, I hate that kind of stuff on old tractors! There are still a few jobs on the list, the exhaust will be changed as soon as I get a few hours to repair the original and I'm still on the hunt for correct weight frame and rear work lights. I really wanted to have those jobs done before Eoghan from classic tractor came to photograph it but I was tight for time as I really need the tractor for working at home now and I figured if I left it another few months I'd never be able to keep her as fresh looking once I start using her properly, no matter how well you mind it paint gets chipped off arms and hitch etc andthe tires are impossible to get as black as they are when new. On the morning they came to photograph her it was quite sunny , I spent about 3 hours washing and polishing and blackening tires etc, I thought it looked great and about 5 minutes after Eoghan arrived the heavens opened and it continued to bucket down for the entire time he was there, typical feckin sligo weather! I should have a few up to date pics shortly as I'm just restoring a tanco 978 loader for her, it breaks my heart to put a loader on her but that's what she was bought for and she has to earn her keep!

At least the loader will also be from the classic era Mark! :Thumbp2:

That's true Nash, I did think I'd like a newer type loader but it just wouldn't look right. This tanco came up, it's a good straight lookin loader, still on the tractor and doesn't appear to have been welded etc. I'm going to re bush it and I will give in to a few modern touches, I'll fit a soft ride kit and I may fit a joystick or at very least the cable operated levers as the thoughts of cutting a hole in the floor for hydraulic hoses and the valve block in the cab would make me weak at the knees in a bad way!!

Just after looking at it , Mark. Something of which you can be rightly proud of .

Do you really really really have to put it to work though ?

I could give you a 1 family owned from new 5600 for work. After a year , or two , you could restore it to a similar standard , as a reward. :rolleyes2:

Bog Man will be famous, is it better than appearing in the Carlow Nationalist :laugh:

I see one of the Deeres is some animal too pushing out over 1000hp :lol:

Enjoying Mervyn Ford's recollections too.:Thumbp2:

BogMan will be famous, is it better than appearing in the Carlow Nationalist :laugh:

I see one of the Deeres is some animal too pushing out over 1000hp :lol:

Enjoying Mervyn Ford's recollections too.:Thumbp2:
There will be people buying Classic Tractor that never bought it before

That's true Nash, I did think I'd like a newer type loader but it just wouldn't look right. This tanco came up, it's a good straight lookin loader, still on the tractor and doesn't appear to have been welded etc. I'm going to re bush it and I will give in to a few modern touches, I'll fit a soft ride kit and I may fit a joystick or at very least the cable operated levers as the thoughts of cutting a hole in the floor for hydraulic hoses and the valve block in the cab would make me weak at the knees in a bad way!!

She's a beauty @Markmex & a real credit to you. Don't be afraid to put the loader on her at all. It will look really well and at the end of the day it's a tractor for work, not to be sitting in the shed looking at it. Match it up with a nice weight block for the rear end and there'll be no fear. :Thumbp2: Looking forward to seeing pictures with the loader on. Is it a quick attached headstock too?

She's a beauty @Markmex & a real credit to you. Don't be afraid to put the loader on her at all. It will look really well and at the end of the day it's a tractor for work, not to be sitting in the shed looking at it. Match it up with a nice weight block for the rear end and there'll be no fear. :Thumbp2: Looking forward to seeing pictures with the loader on. Is it a quick attached headstock too?
I'm away on the honeymoon at the minute, got married on Saturday gone by so I haven't got to see the magazine yet, it's driving me mad but I suppose I can't complain seeing as I'm sunning myself in spain! No quick attach on it, I thought about making one before on the old loader but I don't know that I'll bother with one as it's only job will be to load and unload bales on and off the trailer with bale spike as I have the old jcb for stacking bales with the bale handler and any loading of dung or shifting gravel etc . In fairness the 66 won't get much abuse with the loader as it's all haylage it will be handling and it's on solid gravel yard at home and tarmac and concrete at the riding school we supply.

I'm away on the honeymoon at the minute, got married on Saturday gone by so I haven't got to see the magazine yet, it's driving me mad but I suppose I can't complain seeing as I'm sunning myself in spain! No quick attach on it, I thought about making one before on the old loader but I don't know that I'll bother with one as it's only job will be to load and unload bales on and off the trailer with bale spike as I have the old jcb for stacking bales with the bale handler and any loading of dung or shifting gravel etc . In fairness the 66 won't get much abuse with the loader as it's all haylage it will be handling and it's on solid gravel yard at home and tarmac and concrete at the riding school we supply.
Ah congratulations, nuptials seem to be catching around here at the moment. That's two big events in your life in the past few weeks with the magazine appearance too. Don't they say these things come in 3's???

Back