Classic Tractor this month

@jf 850 , out of pure curiosity, if 'Ursula' came up for sale in the morning, would you be tempted to buy her back?....

I sold Ursula to Ronan , with a heart and a half. I wouldn't have wished for it to have gone to a better home. I knew he would tidy it up , but didn't expect it to turn out a quarter as well as it has . I hoped it would stay here in Ireland , as it was , or restored , and not exported to Poland.

Unlikely , Mike. I bought it when it was 22 years old , overhauled the engine myself , got the world of work out of it. Loved that tractor , but it has gone to a better home .

I might have my eye on a very genuine 8011 , that has given 30 years within 1 mile of me , under 5000 hours. Might never happen.

I sold Ursula to Ronan , with a heart and a half. I wouldn't have wished for it to have gone to a better home. I knew he would tidy it up , but didn't expect it to turn out a quarter as well as it has . I hoped it would stay here in Ireland , as it was , or restored , and not exported to Poland.

Unlikely , Mike. I bought it when it was 22 years old , overhauled the engine myself , got the world of work out of it. Loved that tractor , but it has gone to a better home .

I might have my eye on a very genuine 8011 , that has given 30 years within 1 mile of me , under 5000 hours. Might never happen.
Thought you might say that,

Thought you might say that alright, just sometimes nostalgia can do strange things to a man!

That 8011 sounds interesting, hope you get it :Thumbp2:

Blue tablets ye say. I have heard it mentioned they help gentlemen of a certain age keep their slippers dry:tt2:
Stops them rolling out of bed too :lol:

Reminds me of the 2 fellas talking in the bar, one was complaining about the spark being gone out of his love life after being married for 40 years. The other said he was still going strong after 45 years, and admitted his secret was the little blue tablets. The first fella was suitably impressed by his tales of amazing feats of endurance and stamina, and wondering if it could do the same for him he asked "can you get it over the counter?" The second man thought for a minute then replied "I could if I took two of them.........."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back