Cork’s Pics

Well wear.
Did you go for "Tank Control" on it?
If you wouldn't mind, could you post a few pics of the induction hopper and controls around it, at some stage.
The Mueller control system is great you will get on very well with it.
Is it a Mueller GPRS system as well? If so can you keep us updated on signal and accuracy etc.
Sorry, but I will have 40 more questions over the next couple of months.

Didn't go for the Tank Control option as it was adding a good bit more to the price.

I took one quick pic of the filling area, it has the Maximiser system which from memory is some very clever plumbing. I'll take more pics when I get a chance. I think Brian Knight invented this and many other features and receives royalties from other manufacturers who use them. I'll know more once I have studied the manuals and become familiar with the machine.

Yes, it is a Mueller GPS system (now part of Trimble). It has come with the more high spec Smart receiver which can also be used with RTK I believe.

Ask away G, I'll answer what I can!

In fairness, Knight generously included some spare nozzles, nozzle holders, a heap of Jubilee clips, spare fittings, spare air pipe etc.
2018-03-19-PHOTO-00000103.jpg

Didn't go for the Tank Control option as it was adding a good bit more to the price.

I took one quick pic of the filling area, it has the Maximiser system which from memory is some very clever plumbing. I'll take more pics when I get a chance. I think Brian Knight invented this and many other features and receives royalties from other manufacturers who use them. I'll know more once I have studied the manuals and become familiar with the machine.

Yes, it is a Mueller GPS system (now part of Trimble). It has come with the more high spec Smart receiver which can also be used with RTK I believe.

Ask away G, I'll answer what I can!

In fairness, Knight generously included some spare nozzles, nozzle holders, a heap of Jubilee clips, spare fittings, spare air pipe etc.
View attachment 52576
Good job, that looks like the really good induction, with lay flat lid including a place to allow cleaned cans drain and twin cleaning nozzles.

Good job, that looks like the really good induction, with lay flat lid including a place to allow cleaned cans drain and twin cleaning nozzles.

You have it spot on. The little gun with the hose that they include is handy for tidying up powders etc too.

You have it spot on. The little gun with the hose that they include is handy for tidying up powders etc too.
I really miss that on the Bateman, a great way to finnish off anything very difficult or clean down the inside of the hopper.
Your hopper, I think has a very good self cleaning option, so less nessary but still very useful.

@CORK did you have to come all the way up to the North East to purchase, or have they sub agents further south? They have a good few Knights out now. Best of luck with it, looks a great machine.

@CORK did you have to come all the way up to the North East to purchase, or have they sub agents further south? They have a good few Knights out now. Best of luck with it, looks a great machine.

Thanks - Yep, came all the way up to the big country for it. He sells a lot of stuff I’d say. Not many dealers would carry so many new tractors in stock.

Reactions: KJL
Well wear @CORK , I know f all about the tech end of sprayers but I notice what appears to be a steering axle but no link to the tractor, I presume it's there to help it track the tractor when turning but how is it activated?

Well wear @CORK , I know f all about the tech end of sprayers but I notice what appears to be a steering axle but no link to the tractor, I presume it's there to help it track the tractor when turning but how is it activated?

Good question. Yes, it’s an electro hydraulic steering axle.
A small box (size of fag box) is clipped to the rear of the tractor. It contains a gyroscope that judges the movement of the tractor and sends a signal to make the sprayer axle steer accordingly. Supposed to be a good system.

Unfortunately not!!!
29257831_1598352320218336_2969348179739603939_n.jpg

Looks a super bit of kit, would be interesting to see the savings / benefits with the gps control considering your pretty particular already. Hope it goes well for you!

I saw this thread on my feed and was thinking I bet that Cork fella is on about how much ploughing he got done over the weekend :laugh:

That's a lovely sprayer, well wear to you and the family with it, you will be afraid to use it first :laugh:

I saw this thread on my feed and was thinking I bet that Cork fella is on about how much ploughing he got done over the weekend :laugh:

That's a lovely sprayer, well wear to you and the family with it, you will be afraid to use it first :laugh:

Ha! Great drying here today but the plough is staying in the shed until conditions are better.

Thanks @nashmach , yes - there’ll have to be plenty of fooling around spraying water before we add anything potent to the tank.

Well you may wear John , super looking piece of kit. A sprayer is on the list for tams but it is looking like next year, that’s If all the tams money isnt gone ....... or maybe I’ll pick a real nice second hand one that seemingly have no value now!!!!!!

Well wear John.
Thats a super spec on a sprayer.A friend of mine has a knight sprayer and always preaches about how well made they are and are really operator friendly.Grant opportunities like that dont come around too often.

Some beauty @CORK !! I was eagerly awaiting to see what make you were opting for and recalling previous conversations I'm not at all surprised to see another Knight. Sprayers designed by sprayer operators. Somewhere on my own very long wish list is a machine with air suspension and a steering axle. Best of luck and may it spray many €200+ per tonne crops!

Well may you wear, I'd be half afraid of all the controls and also half afraid to get it dirty! A sprayer that would last for a lifetime if minded and should never be obsolete with all that technology. All you need now is dry land to play with it...thought you had to be under 40 years to claim the 60% grant! :deyective:
MF30

Well may you wear, I'd be half afraid of all the controls and also half afraid to get it dirty! A sprayer that would last for a lifetime if minded and should never be obsolete with all that technology. All you need now is dry land to play with it...thought you had to be under 40 years to claim the 60% grant! :deyective:
MF30

What are you trying to say?

I’m feeling bad enough after my very attractive brunette Hungarian hair dresser recently said that she thought I used to have more hair.

I’ll forgive her a lot quicker than you I’ll have you know. :laugh:

What are you trying to say?

I’m feeling bad enough after my very attractive brunette Hungarian hair dresser recently said that she thought I used to have more hair.

I’ll forgive her a lot quicker than you I’ll have you know. :laugh:
She must be taking a lot of notice of you!!!
We're all passed the magic 40 of maximum claims I'm afraid. :scared:
MF30

Fantastic looking machine, would you cover 50 acres with a full tank? All the very best with her for many years.

Fantastic looking machine, would you cover 50 acres with a full tank? All the very best with her for many years.

Thanks Iggy, the previous one was 4000 litres so yes in theory 48-49ac at 200l/ha. This has an extra 200 litres and the gps should reduce waste a bit too.

Back