Cork’s Pics

Tinny will be on another trip for steel :D:D

Johndeere6920s will tell you more on the dates etc, drew :thumbup:

As mentioned already, I was lucky enough to get in on the open day at the Liebherr container crane factory last Sunday. Here are a few pics.

Lots of interesting things.

Christy Lucey does the haulage of the giant pieces to Fenit harbour. Cranes are sent all over the world. They are currently building one for New York Port.

Plasma and Oxy Acet are used to cut very heavy plate. Plasma up to 20mm I think and Oxy beyond that.
The pic is some 40mm being sliced into pieces.

Magnets lift the big sheets with ease.

Robotic welder does the big welds. Hand welding used for small attachments.

They even cut the gears and cogs etc on site.

Lighter stuff like access platforms etc are sub contracted out to other firms in southern Ireland.

Cabs are brought in complete from Italy.

Generally, the container cranes have a life expectancy of 30 years, many last much longer than this.

Huge shot blasting facilities to shot blast the gigantic sections as they are rolled through.
Here's a good one for you.
they can take all them parts to fenit .
he told me himself if he got 10 million to bring a part back from fenit to Killarney he couldnt
Tinny will be on another trip for steel :D:D

Johndeere6920s will tell you more on the dates etc, drew [emoji106]
I will do no bother.
The lad I know well over there is gone to Australia for 3 weeks but ill find out when his back .

Thanks for sharing [MENTION=2524]CORK[/MENTION], certainly wouldn't object to a tour round there.

Here's a good one for you.
they can take all them parts to fenit .
he told me himself if he got 10 million to bring a part back from fenit to Killarney he couldnt

I will do no bother.
The lad I know well over there is gone to Australia for 3 weeks but ill find out when his back .

Did you ever find out more about the open days [MENTION=4190]johndeere6920s[/MENTION]

You can't beat 10.10.20.......

Attachments

• WP_20150524_003.jpg
    WP_20150524_003.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 190
He will be ploughing it up for winter wheat in a few months.[emoji16]

Its part of my 3 crop mix. Also thinking of buying a cow as my part of the dairy expansion - Sur what could possibly go wrong!!

Went to see Mount Congreve gardens in Waterford today. Gorgeous spot. Everything was so fresh after the rain overnight.
70 acres in all, including a fabulous walled garden.

Attachments

• WP_20150705_004.jpg
    WP_20150705_004.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 106
It will be a shame to dirty it. First proper clean in at least a year and first wax ever. Even got proper glass wax which makes the glass almost invisible. My Ag engineer brother did it.

Attachments

• 20150802_160912.jpg
    20150802_160912.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 172
It will be a shame to dirty it. First proper clean in at least a year and first wax ever. Even got proper glass wax which makes the glass almost invisible. My Ag engineer brother did it.

nice work. ur grill stayed nice and black, or did she get a respray?

nice work. ur grill stayed nice and black, or did she get a respray?

I commented the same to my brother! It actually has some rust on it but has had wd40 rubbed into it. Dust will probably stick to it but should still protect it. I should probably spray it.

For the benefit of another thread wat did that cost ya if ya want to say.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

For the benefit of another thread wat did that cost ya if ya want to say.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

He hasn't sent in the cleaning invoice yet. I'm hoping he will accept an IOU.

If you're asking the price of the tractor, I honestly can't remember. Bought new with a 653 loader in August 2007. 4700 hrs on it now. Front Tyres are getting low now.

Back