Cover Crops 3.0

What's been eating my rape?!
Wasn't looking its best before this. Was without water a bit too long. Could pigeons do this much damage? Some of it is rabbit. But other bits where I often see rabbits are fine.

Screenshot_20181222-174009.png Screenshot_20181222-174000.png

Looks like pigeons to me. They’ve started a month earlier than normal here.
The edges seem smooth somehow. My first thought was slugs?
But it being near a wood makes sense.

Where the rape is thickest has been left, presume its as they can't land in it as well?

Any non noisy forms of getting them off?
Landlord has a shoot in the wood next to it, so 12 bore would scare his teal away leaving me in the bad books!

The edges seem smooth somehow. My first thought was slugs?
But it being near a wood makes sense.

Where the rape is thickest has been left, presume its as they can't land in it as well?

Any non noisy forms of getting them off?
Landlord has a shoot in the wood next to it, so 12 bore would scare his teal away leaving me in the bad books!

You could try a kite. There are various rotating mirrors etc available but I don’t know how good they are.

Banger going here but not suitable for every situation as you say.

Reactions: AYF
250kgs/ha 18-6-12 down the spout 30/07/18 followed by 250kgs/ha Sulcan 01/09/18

Grubbed 6" deep with a cultus,sown with one pass then flat rolled- maybe a bit of overkill on the cultivation side
Turnips much bigger than crops I sowed 3 weeks later

Do you plan on giving that a run of a disc or something before ploughing? I have similar and even though the KV28 boards are good to bury trash, I can't see them burying all of it.

Yes, I think a run of the disc is what’s going to happen.
Only 25-30ac of it so not a big job.

28 boards here too but ES80 doesn’t have the best interbody clearance.

At least it’s dying off which will begin the release of nutrients (this got slurry too). Chopping and mixing it should also aid nutrient release.

Yes, I think a run of the disc is what’s going to happen.
Only 25-30ac of it so not a big job.

28 boards here too but ES80 doesn’t have the best interbody clearance.

At least it’s dying off which will begin the release of nutrients (this got slurry too). Chopping and mixing it should also aid nutrient release.

How deep will you Plough.?

Back