Covid 19

For normal healthy people, I would have little or no worry. Personally I'm concerned due to blood issue and weak immune system. Maybe this is where the problem is going to occur, for 99% of people if wont overly affect them even if they directly catch it. Maybe isolation on a farm isn't so bad after all :lol:
blood donations will surely take a hit, anybody thats been abroad won,t be accepted i presume

World recession here we come.....

This thing will most likely spread through countries and take time to clear. This in turn will stifle business when many businesses can’t tolerate a heavy knock.

My late father once said that there’s always something around the corner that nobody sees coming.

Black Swan.

Could just be inbreeding as all the one family :lol::laugh:. UK seems to be adapting a very laize faire attitude to the whole thing

I thought the same, rugby and soccer games still going on as if nothing happens.

I would think the St Patrick festivial will be cancelled now too and probably rightly so. I would have some concern about 3 weeks tome too with all of these Italian's that will still come this weekend, match or no match.

It's worrying times. This virus won't greatly impact the majority of us. At most, if we catch it, we will need 2 or 3 weeks off work. Or if you are farming, there's nothing to stop you from continuing with your work as long as you do not come into contact with anybody else. But there are some people very worried about it at this stage. I have a couple of clients that I work with who have completely isolated themselves for fear of catching it. It's hugely dangerous for anyone that has any type of respiratory problem as one of the biggest symptoms of it is pneumonia which could kill anyone with poor lung capacity. It is a hugely worrying time for cancer patients - it could be detrimental for blood counts. It could suppress a weak immune system and kill. Its almost 12 days since the end of mid term when a lot of families were on holidays (many to northern Italy for skiing. We are going to see the full blunt of infections caught in Italy over the next 5 days. If we can get away with a low count, we could come out of this relatively fast. But if we get hit big time over the next week and this has spread person to person within ireland, then we are facing far bigger problems. it's a wait and see game at best!

Has anyone seen the UK video which features a health professional explain how Coronavirus was caused by 5g which she claims has been removing molecules from oxygen from the atmosphere and allowing coronavirus to take its place. it's real off the wall stuff. I can't find the video anymore, maybe it was taken down.

Many Chinese scientists believe that the biggest contributor to coronavirus spread has been poor nutrition. With the ASF that killed a lot of their pigs, a huge proportion of people had no access to meat, and little access to protein and this lead to weaker immune systems.
that’s the video you were on about

The scary thing is that the case in uhc is untraceable. If we think about it, that means that there are people walking around with corona virus and they don't know that they have it. They might have mild symptoms. So corona virus could be rampant across the country and we may only be counting the people that re showing severe symptoms or those that are being tested.

The scary thing is that the case in uhc is untraceable. If we think about it, that means that there are people walking around with corona virus and they don't know that they have it. They might have mild symptoms. So corona virus could be rampant across the country and we may only be counting the people that re showing severe symptoms or those that are being tested.
Exactly.

I expect that we will see numbers double over the weekend as community transmission kicks in approximately 12 days after the first of the people who became infected in Italy arrived home from their mid term break holidays. We will see widespread closure of schools and public services in the next week.

We will all be saved, the Government and HSE will draw up a report that will cost about 500k and results from report will be published in about 6 months. Wonder how many of our elected members will still go abroad for Saint Pats this year?

We will all be saved, the Government and HSE will draw up a report that will cost about 500k and results from report will be published in about 6 months. Wonder how many of our elected members will still go abroad for Saint Pats this year?
They would save some money if they stopped all these door stopping reports.

Same applies to the common flu.
This was posted on a different forum:

More people die of cancer every week in this country (450) than this virus is likely to kill. 17,000 people have died on average over the last 5 years due to flu, do we panic about that? 6,507 people committed suicide in 2018, scary isn’t it but they are just figures that no one really worries about unless it directly affects them.

More people die of cancer every week in this country (450) than this virus is likely to kill. 17,000 people have died on average over the last 5 years due to flu, do we panic about that? 6,507 people committed suicide in 2018, scary isn’t it but they are just figures that no one really worries about unless it directly affects them.

Over 6500 people commit suicide in 2018??? That’s crazy. If that many people died from the virus they be calling it the worse outbreak ever but they do nothing to help problems like that. That number is worrying

I assume these are UK figures. The suicide rate alone is much higher on % basis than Ireland

I assume these are UK figures. The suicide rate alone is much higher on % basis than Ireland
That would be a fair assumption.
The number for suicides is scary if it's correct and I have no reason to doubt the person who posted those figures as he has lost a family member to suicide.
Everyone says the flu kills more.

How many would the flu kill without the vaccine is the question?!
A lot more would be my guess. Many of those that have the vaccine wouldn't die of the flu but it greatly reduces the spread of the virus to those less able to fight an infection or unable to have the vaccine themselves.

Back