Covid 19

My sister is a nurse, was moved to the Covid ward and done her sentence there. Moved back to her own ward when it slackened off. She was never tested for Covid at any stage. Thought it was unreal.

I thought he was a great asset to the country .

And that was before I knew his personal issues.

I thought Simon Harris and leo and Coveny done well too.

Probably not perfect but they done the best they could at the time.
I would know a good few of his Cousins and went to school and had dealings with some of them over the years and they are all decent hard working people that would do anyone a good turn.
Mistakes were made but I think it was the HSE rather than evil individuals . Senior managers got into a group think which marginalized sectors of the health services and denied them resources of the state. There were barns full of corn during the famine and empty well staffed wards during the crisis. Public health is about public behavior not ventilators and PPE.

I've been involved in decision making on various issues in work surrounding covid, staff, opening hours, processes and procedures etc. Only on a small scale obviously and not in a healthcare settings and in hindsight the errors I made and issues with communication we had are brutal.

Ita easy hurl from the ditch with these situations but when you're on the spot it's a different story

I was surprised simon didnt stay in health. I think he did well. Now I know there are now long waiting lists for everything but he coped well.
i personally think harris was one of the worst ministers for health ever, he did what he was advised to do during the covid emergency but i think the village idiot would have done the same job , longest waiting lists ever , cervical smear test cover up i could go on and on , one swallow never made a summer

Then you have varadkar the clown pushing a rushed vaccine and hinting towards forced vaccinations.
Nothing rushed about a vaccine for Covid 19. Like all others it is going through the 4 stages of trails. The most far advanced ones are in the early part of stage 3 trails with the University of Oxford/AstraZeneca out ahead. What it does show is what can be achieved when the world of scientific and medical research can achieve especially since this virus has only been out there for less that 9 months
Where is the push for forced vaccinations?? Not a mention of it in the youtube video. Vaccines have saved countless lives across the world

My sister is a nurse, was moved to the Covid ward and done her sentence there. Moved back to her own ward when it slackened off. She was never tested for Covid at any stage. Thought it was unreal.
My wife worked the Covid wards and was tested. Must be the hospital?????

Has anyone installed the HSE Covid Tracker and what are opinions on the privacy/use of collected data? I see on some social media "concerns" about what data is collected and how it will be used.

Has anyone installed the HSE Covid Tracker and what are opinions on the privacy/use of collected data? I see on some social media "concerns" about what data is collected and how it will be used.
I installed it yesterday, I am not overly worried what they use the data for tbh

What does it use? Your location? If you have an Android or apple phone, both are already tracking where you go, where you shop, what you search for etc.

What does it use? Your location? If you have an Android or apple phone, both are already tracking where you go, where you shop, what you search for etc.
On an iPhone you can turn all that off somewhere in privacy settings, presume the same applies to android.

I don't know why people get so hung up on location data, there is no way this can be used against you, do we have that many people doing dodgy stuff that they are paranoid that big brother is tracking them!

I'd like to see more focus on the covid payment, I've no first hand experience of this but I'd say at the speed it was introduced theres are fair amount of abuse going on, there was an article in the paper where some guy had claimed it 25 times, he had received over 55k.

I don't know why people get so hung up on location data, there is no way this can be used against you, do we have that many people doing dodgy stuff that they are paranoid that big brother is tracking them!

I'd like to see more focus on the covid payment, I've no first hand experience of this but I'd say at the speed it was introduced theres are fair amount of abuse going on, there was an article in the paper where some guy had claimed it 25 times, he had received over 55k.

There's a couple of points that I can make about this:

- DEASP introduced the Covid PUP very quickly and they did not have time to test it or try it. They set down criteria ( a person had to be a paye worker or a self employed worker that did a tax return for 2018) and this automatically qualified people for the payment. There was no way to put safety stops into it. Many of the people processing it were working from home. It was cheaper just to pay out everyone and claw it back at a later stage if they have to.

- The claw back has begun. From this week, they have changed the payment levels. They are paying it based on your average pay for the last 3 months or your average income for 2018 if you are self employed. They are examining every claim again. For example, there's loads of self employed people that made no money in 2018, some that even posted a loss, and they were getting €350 a week. This money is going to be claimed back.

They gave a blanket issue of the payment in the knowledge that they can and will claim it back if they find that someone claimed it fraudulently or over-claimed. Look at the T'c and C's. It's wide open. It was a wise enough move IMO. They couldn't be accused of neglecting people in times of pandemic.

What do be wrong with people, they tell everything and their moves on a regular basis on social media and then when it comes to someting that might help their country combat a disease they are very suspicious all of a sudden about their privacy...

' I am not downloading that app having the government known my location and business' also thus person did you see so and so and Facebook did you see my insta story, my snapchat isn't working, but my tic toc is... :deyective::deyective::deyective::deyective:

They've done some clever things here.

Firstly they didnt try and create their own app. Apple and Google have created a specific framework for covid tracking where contacts that are running the same app are being tracked, not constant location tracking as such.

This sped up the development significantly, reduced the cost and probably significantly increases the trustworthiness of the app.

Secondly, the app is open source, anyone can download the code and anyone familliar with mobile app development can read it. Sunlight is the best bleach and publishing your source is a great way of proving you're doing what you say you're doing.

Back