Covid 19

Does it not just use Bluetooth to say who you've been in proximity to? I dony think it uses location data, you are also anonymous, no name attached. To be honest who has ever read the terms and conditions of one of the dozens of apps they have on their phones from companies whose only goal is to make money from you? But now the government want to use an app and all of a sudden ppl get paranoid.

I think it was handy over the last few days for our local gaa clubs
What do you mean? Went back to gaa and soccer the last week or so. Soccer is fine. Gaa is just like last summer. Too many people in the one place . 4 teams training and an outdoor fitness class of over 40 people

we,re steaming back into lockdown as quickly as we can, all the GAA clubs travelling all over the country playing practice matches our own club welcomed a dublin club down the other night :curse: , pubs with no social distancing , no masks on public transport, 3 months hard work in danger of being blown away

we,re steaming back into lockdown as quickly as we can, all the GAA clubs travelling all over the country playing practice matches our own club welcomed a dublin club down the other night :curse: , pubs with no social distancing , no masks on public transport, 3 months hard work in danger of being blown away

Agreed.

Had planned a meet up at our house of a few friends and their young families next weekend, probably 20 people in all. Adults could have social distanced from each other but the kids couldn’t.
Called it off this evening as we felt it was too risky.
I’d never forgive myself if someone ended up sick because of it.
There’ll be another time.

I know very little about sport but I can’t see how playing matches can be safe, especially so with the current figures showing a lot of new cases are young people.

Agreed.

Had planned a meet up at our house of a few friends and their young families next weekend, probably 20 people in all. Adults could have social distanced from each other but the kids couldn’t.

I know very little about sport but I can’t see how playing matches can be safe, especially so with the current figures showing a lot of new cases are young people.
whatever about playing matches if everyone stayed in their own county it mightn,t be too bad but to be travelling around the country is asking for trouble , a player in kilkenny has tested positive and in cork as well i,m led to believe

Agreed.

we were to have a family get together next weekend. Just adults, my sister has ms and is immuno compromised, my parents are in their 70s. We have postponed it.

Had to pick up a part in a well known west cork town fucking shocked with the carry on there. Man said ‘‘twas full of dubs and a scatter of other nations in the mix too

I'm dreading thinking what August bank holiday will be like regardless of weather if things keep going the way they are.

Things have to slowly get back to normal but socializing and sports should be the last thing on most people's mind compared to other things in my view.

What do you mean? Went back to gaa and soccer the last week or so. Soccer is fine. Gaa is just like last summer. Too many people in the one place . 4 teams training and an outdoor fitness class of over 40 people
All the local clubs down here made the news over the last day or 2.

I'm the covid officer for young lads team. I do what I was told to do. Next team after us didnt even sanitize their hands and no checking return to football stuff had been completed

Is the "r" rate above 1 again with you again?
People are carrying on as normal up here now.
I don't get some of the relaxations given some of the numbers.
The economy, rightly or wrongly seems to be taking priority now.

It's absolutely crazy allowing flights in with people that are coming on non essential journeys yet advising people in Ireland to refrain from such travel. I was listening to the Pat Kenny show the other morning and they had a reporter at Dublin airport to interview some people coming off flights from the USA. One lad from Florida said that the situation was so bad there he wanted to get out to somewhere safer, no thoughts that he might be a carrier and spreading it or of if he became ill he would be putting pressure on the health service here.
The interviewer asked anyone he spoke to would they self isolate for 14 days and all but one said they would but of course they would say that on national radio, I have my doubts though.
Another issue highlighted was that anyone coming off an inbound flight were being obliged to fill out a document as to where they would be self isolating but there was no follow up whatsoever by the authorities to check this.
I see on some news site the other day the politicians and authorities are coming around to the idea of trying to treating this as an all island affair as there are people coming into NI by air and sea and making their way unhindered to the Republic.

It's going to be back worse than it was again.
Most nursing home staff are being tested every two weeks as well as some hospital staff so while there will be outbreaks it will be containable. This disease will weed out very quickly people that do not obey the rules and most of us will have very little contact with them.

Question for the lads from Kerry, are there high numbers of American tourists about the place down there? I have been told there are but could be only gossip.

Question for the lads from Kerry, are there high numbers of American tourists about the place down there? I have been told there are but could be only gossip.

Don't know about Kerry, but there are a number of American visitors presenting to boat hire companies on the river shannon

The roads are definitely busier what I am noticing is alot of snapchats of fairly large house gatherings

Going in the opposite direction out of Kerry earlier and there is serious traffic over the last few hour. Most would be Irish cars, no tourist buses

Pub not to far from me was visited by the guards Thursday evening . Closed them up, as have never served food , they were serving finger food to cover it .

Back