Crude Oil & wholesale Diesel futures

How long should it take to lower the end user price @gone ? Their is speculation atm about the UK gov going to cut/scrap the red rebate at the budget
About 3 to 5 days, ring your supplier they should be able to tell you.
There was been approx £0.10p / litre drop between Friday and this morning.

Oil prices dropped to their lowest level in 18 years, with wholesale diesel prices more than halving since early January.
We wouldn't see prices halve because of taxes, transport and distribution profits, but we should see a €.0.30c/L drop.
I filled up all my tanks early Feb, €0.15c dearer than I could today, just because I follow the markets doesn't mean I have a clue what is going on. :blushing:

Strongly considering washing out and old PVC 2000L tank we used to get a bit of white in, just to get another 2000L of green at value.

problem is, will it go further and is a day cleaning a tank not used for 5 years worth the saving or hassle

Strongly considering washing out and old PVC 2000L tank we used to get a bit of white in, just to get another 2000L of green at value.

problem is, will it go further and is a day cleaning a tank not used for 5 years worth the saving or hassle
Modern road diesel has too much bio diesel in it to store for a long time, still going down in price still but probably near the bottom sometime this week or next.
If you have a good filter system and way of keeping it safe, having 9-12 months supply might be better than having money in any of the banks.

My father bought a 5000L tank when the Iran Iraq war was getting a bit exciting. Sat it on a concrete slab for near 20 years before I pumped it and used it in the Bray loader and my central heating.

Modern road diesel has too much bio diesel in it to store for a long time, still going down in price still but probably near the bottom sometime this week or next.
If you have a good filter system and way of keeping it safe, having 9-12 months supply might be better than having money in any of the banks.

The white diesel tank hasn’t been used in 5 years, i was going to fill it with green.

Have just rang our local fuel supply depot, (well the big chief did) he's gonna fill both 5000 lt tanks, cherry is 46p a lt here in Somerset, we'll fill tanks now before we hopefully get all giddy doing ground work for beans, maize n spuds,
Fuel rep said heating oil is in big demand round here, and all the fuel reps are working from home on the done,

EDIT" I have noticed though that there appears to be no price drop on the garage fore courts, apparently it's due to them still selling fuel bought at the old price,,,,, BOLLOCKS

Be careful diesel doesn’t seem to keep as long as it used to. Maybe additives will help a bit.

I wouldn’t buy a tank to stockpile diesel.

If you saved 30c/L (a big saving!), it only comes to €900 on 3000 L purchase. The price of a good tank would eat into that saving. Then you probably won’t need the tank afterwards.

Then there’s the risk of it getting stolen/going off/going on fire...

The white diesel tank hasn’t been used in 5 years, i was going to fill it with green.
I may read post properly and not just skim them, but the same applies to green even if a good bit less so.
If just using the tank once and it is very clean to start with, the diesel will last well, but if you are going to use it for years it is a bad idea to have 2 tanks emptying slowly and standing around.

When my father bought the home place in the 70's he got a 600 gallon tank from an uncles place of his and filled it with red diesel. Twas red back then and I'm old enough to remember red diesel :sweat:. Anyhow the father often remarked that in those days it lasted him 3 years before needing a refill. Diesel going moldy was unheard of then. My granduncle used it to store petrol during WW ll and obviously he never put any of it in his car seeing as it was a lower tax class for agri use :whistle:. I'd say the same tank is made of 5mm steel and we still use it today and no doubt the next generation will also use it. I think it cost 30 quid to fill up. It's multiples of that now and for questionable quality fuel.

Got white on Monday @122 a few miles further on it 121 in place today just stop big turn over 123 . 8

Attachments

• IMG_20200316_131207.jpg
    IMG_20200316_131207.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 31
Chatting a haulier who goes through 3500 litres a week in his fleet says he’s getting white at 1.07.

When my father bought the home place in the 70's he got a 600 gallon tank from an uncles place of his and filled it with red diesel. Twas red back then and I'm old enough to remember red diesel :sweat:. Anyhow the father often remarked that in those days it lasted him 3 years before needing a refill. Diesel going moldy was unheard of then. My granduncle used it to store petrol during WW ll and obviously he never put any of it in his car seeing as it was a lower tax class for agri use :whistle:. I'd say the same tank is made of 5mm steel and we still use it today and no doubt the next generation will also use it. I think it cost 30 quid to fill up. It's multiples of that now and for questionable quality fuel.
Ah the red diesel, think it was finished with in 1990, wonder why the UK still use it? During the petrol shortages my uncle used to run a Vauxhall Viva? on TVO, he used to mix it and let it settle for a week then siphon it into the car except for the last litre. If he used the whole can without letting it settle he said the smoke from the exhaust would be seen for miles around.

Ah the red diesel, think it was finished with in 1990, wonder why the UK still use it? During the petrol shortages my uncle used to run a Vauxhall Viva? on TVO, he used to mix it and let it settle for a week then siphon it into the car except for the last litre. If he used the whole can without letting it settle he said the smoke from the exhaust would be seen for miles around.
Because we can:huh::huh:

Red diesel to green diesel change was only a change of colour dye to try reducing the amount of laundering being done by the IRA.
I always wondered why they didn't dye the non duty diesel and leave the ag diesel white or am I missing something..:scratchhead:

I always wondered why they didn't dye the non duty diesel and leave the ag diesel white or am I missing something..:scratchhead:
It is easier add dye than it is to remove it, so to try make it as difficult as possible to pass of agri as auto they added the dye. As in the IRA have to go to reasonably long lengths to remove the dye.

I may read post properly and not just skim them, but the same applies to green even if a good bit less so.
If just using the tank once and it is very clean to start with, the diesel will last well, but if you are going to use it for years it is a bad idea to have 2 tanks emptying slowly and standing around.

Between now and october we’d burn probably 25000L of diesel without breaking sweat

Back