Cultor or BKT Tyres?

Just pricing tyres at the moment, how are the cultor tyres performing or lasting, cheapest I got a price on. Thinking of going for firestone which are just over €400 dearer than the cultors with the bkt another 180 on top of that. Difference in money is small, more concerned about the difference in performance and lasting. It's all pulling trailers and tanks they will be at. Thanks for your input.

what size u pricing, 85, 70 or 65 series, all different characteristic in each manufacturer

View attachment 57905 Thanks for the feedback lads. Went for the Cultors in the end. I’ll let you know how they go.

Just pricing tyres at the moment, how are the cultor tyres performing or lasting, cheapest I got a price on. Thinking of going for firestone which are just over €400 dearer than the cultors with the bkt another 180 on top of that. Difference in money is small, more concerned about the difference in performance and lasting. It's all pulling trailers and tanks they will be at. Thanks for your input.

Have about 500 hours on our Cultors so far, mainly ploughing and they're working fine. Early days I know but I'm happy so far.

Reactions: max
At the cavan show a few weeks ago their was a crowd from the north selling ceat tyres looked a good tyre anyway were very reasonably priced 2050 euro plus vat for a set of 520/85/38 and 420/85/28s maybe worth a punt.

At the cavan show a few weeks ago their was a crowd from the north selling ceat tyres looked a good tyre anyway were very reasonably priced 2050 euro plus vat for a set of 520/85/38 and 420/85/28s maybe worth a punt.
Tyre fella here has a good few sets fitted and he said he hasn't heard any complaints the look good anyway.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAF6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw3u3YRBdR71zcE-ProMXwKq

Cheers but we intend to hold this tractor a good while and would rather pay decent money on a brand known to last than take a risk on a unknown and still be paying 70% of the price. Really edging towards the firestone which is been supplied local by our usual tyre man unless I hear a few horror stories and told to stay clear off them.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pmVd62wHrwA&ved=2ahUKEwjCqOax7M3gAhXHVBUIHeKSA_AQwqsBMAF6BAgJEAU&usg=AOvVaw3u3YRBdR71zcE-ProMXwKq

Cheers but we intend to hold this tractor a good while and would rather pay decent money on a brand known to last than take a risk on a unknown and still be paying 70% of the price. Really edging towards the firestone which is been supplied local by our usual tyre man unless I hear a few horror stories and told to stay clear off them.
We have firestones on a tractor here 380 70 24 on the front 3800 hours on them, front loader tractor loader never off tyres are completely bald now going to put on BKT's.

We got a set of Cultors on the tractor here the week before Christmas. Happy with them so far and they were well priced. There was even a money back offer when you bought a full set. Not sure if thats still an option.

Sidewalls now stamped Cultor by Mitas. Thread pattern is the same as the Continentals that we were replacing.

Our tyre man selling plenty of them. Offered CEATs for similar money aswell. Didnt chance them as they are a bit unproven.

Would there be a longer lasting range of them
Their 7,000 range was a very hard wearing tyre, don't know much about the 8,000 and 9,000. The Bridgestone ranges are supposed to be a good bit better, but not many of them out long enough to really tell yet.

Reactions: max
Their 7,000 range was a very hard wearing tyre, don't know much about the 8,000 and 9,000. The Bridgestone ranges are supposed to be a good bit better, but not many of them out long enough to really tell yet.

Cheers, thanks very much for the info. I must give him a ring tomorrow to see what I got a price for

do not get Firestone preforms they are dirt Firestone maxi may be better

What would ye recommend for a 7840. Currently on 380 24 and 420 38, standard rims.
Looking to go for something wider on the same wheels. Does all types of work.

Yeah, if the budget can I would go Michelin Omnibibs.

probably should be more specific when i said all types of work. we do all our own work on a west of Ireland suckler and sheep farm so a few hundred hrs most each on 2 7840's, so probably more a decent budget tyre .

Back