cyclist's a dangerous problem

Discussion in 'Talking Point' started by johndeere6920s, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Paw

Paw Well-Known Member

His feet were so cold after he could hardly walk when he got off the bike :tt2:

2. Bog Man

Bog Man Well-Known Member

When we cycled to school we used look forward to a Christian Brother beating us around the classroom to thaw us out.

3. CORK

CORK Well-Known Member

This is actually true.....

Arthur likes this.
  4. JohnBoy

JohnBoy Well-Known Member

was anyone else slowly scrolling down the page thinking "please dont post a pic of yourself in lycra"

headcase likes this.
  5. CORK

CORK Well-Known Member

I have a very good friend who has promised to shoot me (with a gun, not a camera) if he sees me in Lycra.

The same individual would kill someone for less...

6. bagenal

bagenal Well-Known Member

thefarminglad and Arthur like this.
  7. greenhorn

greenhorn Well-Known Member

Thats on a laneway just over the road. Two sides to every story but i dont see where the truck was meant to go if the cyclist doesnt move onto the verge

8. Paw

Paw Well-Known Member

Cyclist is being a proper knob-head.

9. Ptk44

Ptk44 Well-Known Member

Do you need Facebook to see the link?

10. Arthur

Arthur Well-Known Member

It would be no hardship for him to take to the verge, what does he expect to happen, they both sit there indefinitely. Reminds me of an incident I had one day when drawing beet, similar type of road maybe a small bit wider would just allow 2 cars to pass, car comes against me and passes a gateway he could have pulled into and stops up gesturing through the windscreen, whats up with this fellow I wonder so get out and walk to his door, he opens the window a crack as I ask him is he able to reverse back to the gateway, he then decides to tell me I shouldn't be on the road with a truck, taxed, insured, public road with no restriction signs or any reason for me not to use is so I walked away back to the truck and switched it off and got out a magazine to read as if I was to reverse it would have been best part of half a mile around blind bends to the nearest junction, maybe 10 minutes passed and he is still sitting there, next thing there is a knock on my door and a woman standing there want's to know if I've broken down, I tell her the story and she goes to talk to our man then comes back to me saying he is going to back up but not to the gateway, he backs all the way to the next junction which I reckon he did in the hope something would come behind him so he could get another on his side, proper bollix.

mfman, bagenal, laoisfarmer and 7 others like this.
  11. diesel power

diesel power Well-Known Member

You see by law the cyclist is entitled to a meter if the limit is 50km/hr and as thats not in a speed zone the limit is most likely 80km so the cyclist needs 1.5 meters. The trucker is clearly at fault not engaging his hover mode or some such gadget to give the poor cyclist his space that he's entitled to,,,,,,,,,, wanker and a prick that he is :rolleyes2:.

mfman, Big G, Knickam and 3 others like this.
  12. nashmach

nashmach Moderator

Urban myth or not, something similar happened here with a tractor and trailer.

Driver took out the flask,.paper and the two legs on the steering wheel until there was some action :laugh:

13. Bog Man

Bog Man Well-Known Member

I know a fella that got his brother to come sit in the tractor while he went home for the dinner. It was two neighbors and he used give us a hand with his combine and when we were moving field I always made sure our combine was first on the road in case there was another Mexican standoff and it was a fine evening.

mfman, nashmach, bagenal and 2 others like this.
  14. muckymanor

muckymanor Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine who passed away last year used to say, when you're going somewhere, you never need to bring a gobshite with you, because no matter where you go, you'll find one there. They are in plentiful supply. The fact that this guy is riding a bike is irrelevant. If he was walking, driving a car or driving a tractor he'd do the same thing. And he'd still be a gobshite.

mfman, nashmach, Blizzard95 and 12 others like this.
  15. AYF

AYF Well-Known Member

Saw the same happen here with two cars! To ladies sat there for quite a while. Both with an equal distance to reverse!
    I was riding my bike past so left them to it!

16. bagenal

bagenal Well-Known Member

I don't know to be honest, click on the link and see if it works for you.