Daily weather forecast update

20mms in 20 mins here. Steam rising off the land since, welcome but by god it was serious rain. No doubt there would be fertiliser run off from grassland as ground is so hard. Good solid forecast too so things should drive on mad again.

Good bit of thunder here earlier and it got fierce dark but luckily it passed off well wide of us. It did rain for about an hour but it was light rain and really was only enough to damp down the dust. I wouldn't mind seeing a few hours of nice rain.

Not a drop of rain here :sweat:, crops could do with a sup.

I'd say @MF30 and @Hardysplicer got a nice drop as going on the radar it seemed to be heavy thunder and lightning around Enniscorthy all afternoon.

Two of our lads were up between Carlow and stradbally and there was ment to be terrible rain. I was at home ploughing all day rising dust

Not a drop of rain seen in Mayo most of this week except for over my house for about 2 hour's on Thursday :lol:
All the dry weather we've had has been badly needed to try and dry ground properly after the last 10 or 11 months.
Haven't heard one farmer yet to say we could do with some rain :cool1:

I'd say @MF30 and @Hardysplicer got a nice drop as going on the radar it seemed to be heavy thunder and lightning around Enniscorthy all afternoon.
Was in the UK yesterday and had an overcast day there but no rain, so didn't witness any thunder at home. Small bit wouldn't go astray, those cracks in the ground need filling with water...
MF30

I think for some last winter was not anywhere near bad enough and it was only a month ago, short memories

I was going to Raheenduff yesterday morning and there was rain in Ballycarney, and from Ferns to Boolavouge to Raheenduff but dry as a bone around Scarawalsh. It was a nice kind sup at that time and would have done good where it fell.

I was going to Raheenduff yesterday morning and there was rain in Ballycarney, and from Ferns to Boolavouge to Raheenduff but dry as a bone around Scarawalsh. It was a nice kind sup at that time and would have done good where it fell.

That roughly tallies with the puddles that I saw last night then!!

No sign of a change coming in the next 10 days but lots of talk about it changing after the 15th. Didn't ken ring predict that Ireland would see snow on June 6th in his latest prediction? Maybe it was ice cream that he saw in his crystal ball. As much mowed here that we can possibly mow until 2 weeks time. Enough to do anyway with bales this week and slurry after that for second cut. We were blessed with night of rain on Saturday night. Growth is ploughing ahead.

Low pressure and Rain crossing the country from next Tuesday on. Perhaps some thundery showers over the weekend. But the Azores won't be far away so hopefully some more dry weather later in June.

We really are getting the best of the weather here in the West and North West. Midlands temperatures were 18 to 19 degrees yesterday whereas when I got home at 5pm, temperatures were 23 degrees. Looks like we could hit 25 degrees today. It's smashing growing weather too. We are getting a very heavy dew at night and grass does not fully dry out until mid afternoon.

GFS and ECMWF weather models that Met Eireann use have changed track a little bit over night and they are now saying that we are likely to see low pressure coming in on Thursday june 14th at the earliest - and a lot could happen between now and then.

Gfs and Ecmwf weather models are shuffling a bit this morning. For the last few days they have been suggesting that our weather would be taken over by westerly fronts which would see a more Atlantic influenced pattern for us of mixed weather from next week on. But this morning they are starting to hint that these westerly fronts may not win out and while we may have some rain over the next week, the Azores is going to continue to dominate our weather.

Its an interesting watch and Monday will bring more clarity but we could be in for a continued run of this dry weather.

Back