Daily weather forecast update

We have had a mountain of rain in the last 24 hours. Almost 2 inches. A bit breezy at 5pl but calm enough since then. Cattle were hiding under the ditches but are back out grazing now.

Chimneys howling here, probably the last sting of winter, 8th so called storm this year, TBH I thought we got off very light weather wise.

Pretty gusty here and heavy squally showers which we seem to be just getting the tail end of.

It seems to have been more of a direct hit than expected.

Hopefully everyone is safe with little damage done.

A fairly wet and wild night around at home. Not much damage evident this morning as I was driving up here to Athlone though. Clare, Limerick, Kerry and West Cork seems to have taken a direct hit

A fairly wet and wild night around at home. Not much damage evident this morning as I was driving up here to Athlone though. Clare, Limerick, Kerry and West Cork seems to have taken a direct hit
One big tree down locally and a lot of small branches on the roads but otherwise no damage to report,our ESB went off for a few minutes at around 6am, just been talking to another who is still without power.

Are you going glamping?
I was down Offaly, Galway area yesterday, came back through Glasson, we didn’t have time to call to @Seedsower, there wasn’t much wind in our travels yesterday, picked up a bit last night, bit windy here now but it doesn’t seem too bad.

A lot of rain over night, fetched the river up too. Water stood on the barley ground............:sad:

Mixed week lies ahead of us. Some dry weather, but a fair few showers to come as well. 2 major things to look out for: 1. A major cooling event for friday and into saturday. Higher ground in Scotland to see some snow and some cold overnight temperatures likely for all of us. But it looks like in Ireland, we will remain fairly dry, but still cold.
overview_20190429_00_108.jpg

58382517_2658910877514991_5621567330912829440_n.png

Then beyond that, we are in line for some warmer and drier weather for sunday and monday as high pressure goes back to 1031.

overview_20190429_00_144.jpg

Hasn't stopped raining all morning here. Shite on the telly and nothing to do outside....well nothing I want to do at any rate.

Back