Daily weather forecast update

Mustn't have put enough N on my lawn or maybe its just a deficiency, possibly H20 ?
View attachment 78999
Got 4mm in showers on Friday, first in a few weeks, around 14mm in total for May

The wind also is burnt the leaves on the hedge during the heat a couple of weeks ago
View attachment 79000

We have the opposite burning. The cold wind burned all the hedges here a few weeks back. It burned the rows of potato stalks too. They have recovered but I doubt if the hedge will regrow this year

15915546092637563477881630801142.jpg

Not a great photo but Sliabh Coillte is burning up badly at the minute. About a month earlier than 2018 which is not a good sign.20200607_182056.jpg

I thought the Emerald Isle was supposed to be wet?:scratchhead:

Had 26mm here in the last three days,green as ever here.

Some are saying rain from Wednesday, some are not. So I still don't know.....

Nobody knows. The forecast models are changing with every update. (most update 4 times a day). They say that weather forecast relies heavily on data from aircraft, especially those that are crossing the Atlantic. With the lack of flying, data is scant enough and therefore longer term forecasts are not as accurate.

I see BBC are saying thundery rain from the south on Friday, if we get it it will probably be very hit and miss.

Lovely bit of soft rain falling here. Our lawn has sprung up with daisies. Managed to get most of my grazing ground spread with a bag of can to the acre before it fell

Lovely bit of soft rain falling here. Our lawn has sprung up with daisies. Managed to get most of my grazing ground spread with a bag of can to the acre before it fell

Got a good bit covered with a bag of can last week.
Even peatland is struggling to grow around here. Rocky land is yellow

Got a good bit covered with a bag of can last week.
Even peatland is struggling to grow around here. Rocky land is yellow

We have peat meadows. Usually the first to cut. They are so dried out that the grass is just a short fine wisp. Never seen it before. No rock land here but the slopes of our hills are all yellow.

Ecmwf has reduced the predicted rainfall for us for the next few days. They were saying that some areas could see 30 to 50mm from thunder storms. That's down to 10 to 15mm now. That won't do a lot for growth.

Ecmwf has reduced the predicted rainfall for us for the next few days. They were saying that some areas could see 30 to 50mm from thunder storms. That's down to 10 to 15mm now. That won't do a lot for growth.
My neighbour keeps rainfall records, we have had 76mm since 20th March, May total was 26mm.

My neighbour keeps rainfall records, we have had 76mm since 20th March, May total was 26mm.

Met Eireann have some good records too. Some of the very small local weather stations send in data daily. One only a few miles from here has a record of 80.5mm in March. 42.8mm in April and 17.2mm in May.
In 2018, we had 58.7 in March, 80.1 in April and 57.9 in May.

The total lack of rainfall in May is what has hit us hard. We aren't beaten - you guys further south are suffering more with lighter and deeper soil, but we are starting to come under pressure.

We’re promised rain tomorrow but I’m a little doubtful. Normally from mid May on if we’re going to get rain it’s thunderstorms, not ordinary rain, but we’ll keep the hopes up anyway. If we don’t get rain we’ll be irrigating next week. Lovely.

Back