Daily weather forecast update

Ah ya but sure we are not far off the 1st of May now
Nothing new in our neck of the woods to see cattle still on slats for the 10th of May in some farms yearly.
Not my cup of tea, but a lot depends on your soil type and farming practices. I suppose every farm (farmer) is different throughout the country.

Not

Not an awful he'll of a lot better around here either. The only saving grace we have @muckymanor is that we're used to a longer winter than fellas in other parts of the country. Just reality I suppose.
FECK WINTERS ANYWAYS :lol:

That's true. We'd normally only be letting them go around now. 1 or 2 late calvers could see another 2 weeks on the slats. What killed us was having to house many of them in August and then missing out on the second cut. Ground has made a fair good recovery in fairness!

I have a relation and he calves cows in April and may. It can very often be the end of may when the last of his get out. I was with him over the weekend and looking at the stack of bales that he has left over - almost 100. "I'll need most of them yet" says he.

Looks like the south and east of the country are going to get the worst of the weather in the coming days with rain or showers most days up to Saturday. Not much for the northern half of the country after today.

Looks like the south and east of the country are going to get the worst of the weather in the coming days with rain or showers most days up to Saturday. Not much for the northern half of the country after today.
Raining heavily here all morning,ground was tender enough without this.
After giving all spring trying to avoid poaching it looks like we’re going to plough the sh1t out of it anyway:boat:

Raining heavily here all morning,ground was tender enough without this.
After giving all spring trying to avoid poaching it looks like we’re going to plough the sh1t out of it anyway:boat:
Ya the same here it will set the cows back if they have to go back in again

Raining here for the last hour.puts I have a lot of ground tilled for a man and he wouldn't let me sow it yesterday. It will be a while now it seems

Coming down heavy here. Cattle bunched at the ditches. It's amazing how with the few good days of sunshine complacency can set it and you forget the recent difficulties.

My mind is firmly made up to take climate change into account for future planning. Stocking rate is going to be brought back to more comfortable rates.

Back