Desktop surround sound?

Ó hÉidin

Anyone got any good ideas for a desktop surround sound set up.

I use a laptop with a docking station running 2 screens, I have just ordered a 26" hd tv to replace one of the screens (VGA input) but I'm also going to swap the xbox to this TV too as on the main TV it's kinda unsociable,

So I'm after a surround sound that I can run off this TV, so it needs to be compact and offer good sound quality, not necessarily very loud.

I know nothing about these things so all input welcome!

I have logitech x 540 system for my PC, good sound I reckon. Creative are worth a look too.

Thanks candor,

I'm more concerned by TV compatibility as the xbox, saorview and freesat will all be running through them and I guess it will be a choice as to what I connect to, i doubt that I will come across a system which will allow a pc and tv to connected to it simultaneously.

Thanks candor,

I'm more concerned by TV compatibility as the xbox, saorview and freesat will all be running through them and I guess it will be a choice as to what I connect to, i doubt that I will come across a system which will allow a pc and tv to connected to it simultaneously.
doesnt your newish tv have audio outputs on it??so you only need 1 input on the SS

should have, not seen it yet.

should have optical out i think.
i looked at the sony surround sound system last yr, but there was a major shortage of connections on the back of it tbh.
so i ended up buying a samsung unit, find it quite good, no shortage of connection points neway, along with the optical in, which the sony didnt even have.

Have a Logitech here gets moved from room to room alot for party's nice boom out of it

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

Same as, have a 5.1 logitech system for years and no problems with it, good sound out of it.

Back