Direct drilling grass and clovers

headcase

Very Senior Member
Got a notion in my head to find a Moore or similar drill to freshen up the land here

Who makes drills capable of this?
Not looking for anything massive nor ott expensive

Just looked at those pics hard to see but is the entire disc and coulter housing missing on the first drag arm. There should be 2 discs on each arm. If the half shafts are missing those parts are expensive. If discs are less than 13 inches or so your looking at discs serrated are £27-30 quid each x 18. But the genuine non serrated are I think £50. Coulters if very worn are ~£50 each. The bearings can be got cheaply 72 x £2-3 each for non branded. Check for bent drag arms and broken press wheels at back and check press wheels are running straight. Press wheel axles I think are about £80 each. Most parts can be got but some are dear enough. Easy enough machines to work on.

Look for an Aitchison. Could re do one for very little money. And a lot less bearings to give up.

Rhodri is a yong chap, ( mid to Late twenty's or so ) buys stuff in auctions and direct off farms, he wants the things to go through his hands fairly quickly so wont be making a lot on what he sells.
Search E-bay and make something out of an air drill, they are available prety cheap. 4 meter one usually has 32 outlets. Make a 3 meter oversower out of it at 93 mm spacing.

Ritchie

After seeing a little atchinson work on YouTube I think the finish is too rough for my intended idea

Back