Disc Harrow

What are people's views on lemken Rubin? They seem like a decent weight as well. Got a lad to disc chopped straw one year with one, I thought it did a fantastic job. He replaced it with a maschio after many years..
Would count them nearly on if the best disc on placement he market , had a 4 m on demo 2 years ago and it did great work discing up bird covers with lots of trash on them

Would count them nearly on if the best disc on placement he market , had a 4 m on demo 2 years ago and it did great work discing up bird covers with lots of trash on them

I suppose they are highly priced?

What are people's views on lemken Rubin? They seem like a decent weight as well. Got a lad to disc chopped straw one year with one, I thought it did a fantastic job. He replaced it with a maschio after many years..
We have a 4M one with about ten years now and I would be very happy with it.It is used for reseeding, preparing ground for cover crops, a bit of mintill and tilling ground for spring crops. The only complaint I would have about it is that it is a bit complicated to adjust.

What do
We have a 4M one with about ten years now and I would be very happy with it.It is used for reseeding, preparing ground for cover crops, a bit of mintill and tilling ground for spring crops. The only complaint I would have about it is that it is a bit complicated to adjust.
you pull it with.its trailer I presume

How would it fare on grass ground reseeding. I'm hearing the vaderstad guys saying the smaller disc is better for this. Vaderstad run at an offset plus you can put weights on them where's the lemken is angled as well which I think would cut the ground better. Basically looking for something that can do both tillage and reseeding..

The second hand price here doesn't say much :undecided:
https://www.donedeal.ie/harrows-for-sale/tolmet-3-metre-disc-harrow/21226284

YmYzYmFjN2M2M2RlODQyYjYxYmRjNTA0NTdmYzY1MDBghHEUi05MlYcxG9sk9sykaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTk3ODAyODl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

The photos are far from overkill too.

I'm looking for lemken ruben 9 owners on here. Was talking to a guy in east cork who had one and had an awful issue with the hubs wearing.. also earth was piling up in the centre of the harrow when on ploughed ground. I kinda had my heart set on one for tams but unsure now.. he's much happier with the new mashio 3m disc. Pm me if you don't want to reply here. Thanks.

I'm looking for lemken ruben 9 owners on here. Was talking to a guy in east cork who had one and had an awful issue with the hubs wearing.. also earth was piling up in the centre of the harrow when on ploughed ground. I kinda had my heart set on one for tams but unsure now.. he's much happier with the new mashio 3m disc. Pm me if you don't want to reply here. Thanks.

Was speaking to a rubin owner lately that said the discs needed to be changed before he'd prefer. Think he said it was because the soil would get into the bearings if they got too close to the ground. Maybe this applies to all makes/models of disc harrow?

He did say however that they are a great tool and that he would buy another in a heartbeat.

Was speaking to a rubin owner lately that said the discs needed to be changed before he'd prefer. Think he said it was because the soil would get into the bearings if they got too close to the ground. Maybe this applies to all makes/models of disc harrow?

He did say however that they are a great tool and that he would buy another in a heartbeat.

The lad I was talking to says the earth would bunch up inside in the harrow and start dragging heaps of soil . He's have to lift gently to let the soil off gradually. Same man is an excellent farmer farming over 200 acres a year. This was the reason for wearing the hubs and cost a small fortune to repair. The hubs are angled towards the ground. Anytime I've seen the ruben working it's all ways in stubble never on ploughed ground.. I'm in no way knocking the lemken. Just looking for honest answers.. are they perhaps better suited to stubble cultivating rather than tilling?

The lad I was talking to says the earth would bunch up inside in the harrow and start dragging heaps of soil . He's have to lift gently to let the soil off gradually. Same man is an excellent farmer farming over 200 acres a year. This was the reason for wearing the hubs and cost a small fortune to repair. The hubs are angled towards the ground. Anytime I've seen the ruben working it's all ways in stubble never on ploughed ground.. I'm in no way knocking the lemken. Just looking for honest answers.. are they perhaps better suited to stubble cultivating rather than tilling?

Different machine I know but we run a 3m simba express with st bar, sometimes in easy going or working down ploughing it'll start to hold soil, without fail it's because one or more of the discs is hard to turn, usually a piece of string or something wrapped round the shaft.

Different machine I know but we run a 3m simba express with st bar, sometimes in easy going or working down ploughing it'll start to hold soil, without fail it's because one or more of the discs is hard to turn, usually a piece of string or something wrapped round the shaft.

I was thinking too would guys be working them too deep? The man said he was using it to till for maize and beet

On the Horsch Fx it has a few discs and when the bearings were on the way out a disc might jam and a D8 would not pull it . The newer one has Oil imersed hubs and they are a great job.
To be fair Horsch supplied me with a set of oil immersed hubs so it finished its days here with them before I traded it.

Possibly, if ours really sinks into fluffy ploughing the discs can bury them selves pretty easily.

Surely there is no need to go that deep? Power harrow job for that tilling imo. I'd be merely tilling a few inches before the one pass.. I currently use a paddle roller which is fine in the autumn but leaves the ground hard in spring and wearing the shite out of the powerharrow tines I find..

Surely there is no need to go that deep? Power harrow job for that tilling imo. I'd be merely tilling a few inches before the one pass.. I currently use a paddle roller which is fine in the autumn but leaves the ground hard in spring and wearing the shite out of the powerharrow tines I find..

Will the new disc harrow be mainly tilling on top of ploughing or is it more for reseeding, etc ?

We generally runs ours into stubble, occasionally use it on ploughing to rip up headlands before drilling, in that scenario generally run the legs deeper and discs only in a couple of inches.

Will the new disc harrow be mainly tilling on top of ploughing or is it more for reseeding, etc ?

Both to be honest. I have some hilly ground that I can't pull the 6 metre roller up for tillage so was going to use it on the ploughing there.. plus I want to take advantage of the tams so I thought it might be the best option to go for.

L
We generally runs ours into stubble, occasionally use it on ploughing to rip up headlands before drilling, in that scenario generally run the legs deeper and discs only in a couple of inches.

Legs? I understood it was discs and a cage roller on the back?

Back