Disruption preparations

gone

Stocked up with 95% of the sprays in need for the year, have all fert and seed in stock. I should be able to continue farming even in a complete lockdown, which I believe will not be necessary in Ireland, but you never know and the less that I am in town the better.20200327_151505.jpg 20200327_151454.jpg

Stocked up with 95% of the sprays in need for the year, have all fert and seed in stock. I should be able to continue farming even in a complete lockdown, which I believe will not be necessary in Ireland, but you never know and the less that I am in town the better.View attachment 75668 View attachment 75669
Hope to God it doesn't happen but prepare for the worst. Just heard from a kitchen maker that some suppliers are shutting today until May.

Got all the fertilizer I need, maybe more than I need if I can't source more young stock, I presume we are exempt from the 2km limit to go to an out farm.

Will Co ops be open. Or delivery's be operating. I assume all the links in the food supply chain are essential?

All links are essential but the question is whether it's worth their while opening/operating in the present climate. I've just heard of a haulage company, who's work is near as dammit 100% bulk tipper based agricultural products, considering closing for the duration from next week.

What about machinery parts/spares wearing parts?

I see on facebook that J&J Services in Tullow are closed to the public but give a phone number for emergencies. This is going to cause a lot of hassle for lads busy trying to get a bit done in the spell of good weather.

Just spotted this on the government website https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/625292-updated-list-of-essential-retail-outlets-27th-march-2020/

Businesses that can only offer emergency call-out or delivery services
It is recognised that there may be emergency needs arising in a number of areas, the following retailers who can offer an emergency call-out or delivery service can continue to operate on that basis ONLY:

• opticians/optometrists
  • retailers involved in the repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycle repair and related facilities (tyre sales and repairs for example)
  • hardware stores, builder’s merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture
  • retail sale of office products and services for individuals working from home and for businesses
  • retailers providing electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for home.

Last edited:
Farm power in cork and castlelyons closed as of today. Same story emergencies etc. I need wearing parts for the ploughs powerharrows etc. Wtf will happen now? What is classed as an emergency? Hardly plough points..

Lots of places flounting the rules here.
The Range, who sell all sorts of household items, sent vans to move freezers with frozen food from some shops into ones without, so that they could all be classed as selling food!
Lots of lads will be being hen-pecked into going to buy paint to do DIY..... the Range will be hunkey dory!

Lots of places flounting the rules here.
The Range, who sell all sorts of household items, sent vans to move freezers with frozen food from some shops into ones without, so that they could all be classed as selling food!
Lots of lads will be being hen-pecked into going to buy paint to do DIY..... the Range will be hunkey dory!
That’s disgraceful. I’m sure and I hope that the authorities come down on them like a tonne of bricks.

Short term gain for long term pain.

Stocked up with 95% of the sprays in need for the year, have all fert and seed in stock. I should be able to continue farming even in a complete lockdown, which I believe will not be necessary in Ireland, but you never know and the less that I am in town the better.View attachment 75668 View attachment 75669

Did the same thing a week ago. I don’t think there’s any issue with supply but I was just being careful.
With spraying, a week or two delayed can be a pain in terms of timing and weather opportunity.

Back