DIY Calving Camera?

I just had a single one broadcasting a WiFi signal. It worked ok but I’d say any greater of a distance it would be less jumpy and less lag with 2 units.

I had it on the side of the house beside 2nd floor window and it was working grand, could get WiFi in most of the yard with it on the phone too
I’ve just bought one of these. Did you have to configure it or was it a case of joining it to the router and it worked

I’ve just bought one of these. Did you have to configure it or was it a case of joining it to the router and it worked
Takes a small bit of setting up there’s a lot of good step by step guides online if you google the make, can’t remember which one I used when I set it up but it pretty much had screen shot by screen shot of each step

Takes a small bit of setting up there’s a lot of good step by step guides online if you google the make, can’t remember which one I used when I set it up but it pretty much had screen shot by screen shot of each step
Great. Thank you

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeable-Battery-Powered-Wireless-Security/dp/B07WZF2DVL

43798026-F8B9-4D40-8302-3F35183AA252.png

Thinking about getting one or two of these as security cameras, batteries last 10 months just save running power cables and my yard is covered from a WiFi extender, one at the gate into the yard wud be the job.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rechargeable-Battery-Powered-Wireless-Security/dp/B07WZF2DVL

View attachment 74768
Thinking about getting one or two of these as security cameras, batteries last 10 months just save running power cables and my yard is covered from a WiFi extender, one at the gate into the yard wud be the job.

Have a look at these.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless...=184131906036ccb17088b0b3403abd6d5f38119d9940

Make sure that whatever you get has the ability to save pictures or video into the app cloud as opposed to onto a memory card.

Are calving cameras the best form of monitoring dairy cows calving or moo monitors or maybe neither all thoughts welcome ..

Are calving cameras the best form of monitoring dairy cows calving or moo monitors or maybe neither all thoughts welcome ..

Cameras definitely a good job but wouldnt be without the moocall especially if it was at night...but i have to admit its rare i have cows calve between 12am and 6am thankfully.cameras i find wont tell you if calf is coming backways.leg or head down or just lazy cow.when 1st beep goes of your on the watch out for a 2nd about an hour later but when 2nd beep goes again if the waterbag or feet isnt showing its time to intervene.have saved few calves this way.....thats my experience.

Feed them in the evening is what people are doing I think.
Yeah lock them away from feed all day and let them into the feed in the evenings. The feeding then is supposed to throw their hormones out and they delay calving for a few hours I thnik. ones close to calving will still calve in the evening but the others will calve in early morning. Supposed to anyway

Yes
Can you get cows to calve between 12am 6am?????? I check my cows on the cameras during the nite seems to work ok.
Yes, do the opposite of above. I lock cows out of silage for the night and then give them access again in morning. It’s not 100%, but majority of mine will calve at night which suits me as I have an off farm job. Usually cows will be calving before midnight, or else from about 4.30 to 8.30 in morning

How do you get cows to not calve between 12am and 6am ?
Is the moocall expensive to run/set up ?

Dont do anything special podge.close up calvers are at the end of the passage way in pens there.normally move them to it ah 10 to 15 days before calving.they get the same mix as the milkers as we are aut / spring.not into the 6 week calving job to be honest but there still is 27 alone to calve in sept.
As regards feeding after i do creche run and get a bit to ate i make up a feed for them all around 10am.generally around 5pm or shortly after i run the pusher up the passage as i find cows are more content at milking when there fuller.head for creche and milk around 630 or 7 depending on herself when she gets home.after milking its pushed in last thing before i leave.i like to be sure there not without feed anytime.at that stage youd know if your going to have a calf.its rare that they calve at night for me.
Think moocall was about 300 in derrylin and there is a yearly fee of think it 150 or so.....wouldnt be without it from saving calves or if ya were on the digger around the land cleaning shoughs etc your not tied to looking over the gate at them

How do you manage being up all night then calving cows and going to the job in the morning mixed bag ??..
Only calve about 15 cows and we’re very compact, 4weeks normally (Max 6 weeks) so it’s not too bad. Cameras in shed so only go up once calf is out or if I decide she needs to be checked

Hello.
Looking at setting up a camera for lambing in spring. I have this camera ordered.
Just looking for advice on a Internet bridge from the house. The house is about 300meters from the shed with clear line of sight. What would you recommend to bridge this?
I could get a dongle/hot-spot setup but plan to get a second camera for security and would prefer constant Internet supply at the shed for this.
Thanks for any help!

Back