Dog pictures

Very impressed with all the stock on this dairy farm I spray for, I think she would nearly look for a transfer.

Attachments

• wheat 010.jpg
    wheat 010.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 151
Had penny in the barley for the first time yesterday. She went a bit mad jumping around. Loved it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435595933.743409.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435595945.281693.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435595960.955780.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435595971.381824.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435595987.371320.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435595996.809669.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435598404.939418.jpg
This lad during the summer can't handle the heat so he walks about 1-2 a mile down the road to the river a few times a day for a swim, he has been accused of digging up flowers by the river now (never saw him dig anything before) and a big sign up saying dogs must be kept on a Laois at all times, he's 11 so it's going to be some job to keep him tied up

View attachment 30293
This lad during the summer can't handle the heat so he walks about 1-2 a mile down the road to the river a few times a day for a swim, he has been accused of digging up flowers by the river now (never saw him dig anything before) and a big sign up saying dogs must be kept on a Laois at all times, he's 11 so it's going to be some job to keep him tied up

Hate seeing dogs tied up. It's not a life for s dog at all. Especially for an older dog looking to cool down

Poppies and Puppy .
Half sheep dog half Samoied . He got a sheared a few weeks ago as he was too warm .
1725119_902386629825125_1280679823_n.jpg

View attachment 30293

why not make a pool or a fountain at home for him

im sure from time to time you often wanted to go to the pub for pints but for one reason or another you couldnt, so what did you do... you bought yourself a six pack and drank at home!

if you cant bring the dog to the water bring the water to the dog

Last edited:
How's the old boy keeping ?
Did he ever get his own private pool
He is great just getting a bit slow. We had a small low water trough in the yard and half filled it with water and he have an hour or 2 sitting in it every day? The river is now too far for him to walk.
The pup dragged a 50 kg bag of seed barley out of the shed about 15-20 feet and tore it to pieces yesterday.... He has paws like a 650 vredestein tyre.

image.jpg image.jpg when they say a dog is a mans best friend, there couldn't be a truer word ever said. Last night at cow time a lad called into the yard and asked was it my dog on the road, either he got a soft tap from a car or else the vet says there was a chance he had a build up if fat around his spinal cord and that did it, but he lost all movement of his back and back legs and no feeling either. Mam and brother went straight to the vet and he gave him a drip and some injection. I was at a wedding and went straight home, he was very happy and in no pain at all so we brought him home for the night. I stayed up almost all night with him and brought him out to the lawn to his favourite spot in the sun this morn. I had to make the call about 11 this morning that he wasn't going to make it, so I rang the vet and he came out and put him to sleep for ever more.
When I was in college I gave the summer of 2004 in the UK working on a farm and what money I hadn't drank over there I used to buy cooper. He was some dog for ploughing and fertiliser spreading and the combine but loved nothing more than spraying with the door open and always on a nice fine day with the pollen and dust in his ears. He has as many hours up in the tractor has the tractor itself. He had to get his testicles removed 2 years ago as he had a growth and he got very heavy afterwards but still wandered around the Parrish and everyone in a 3 mile radius and the local town knew him by name and where he lived and loved getting spins home again from the locals. It's amazing how attached 1 can get to an animal when he sat in the house with you every night and was waiting at home every evening when I got home from work and went stone mad when the working clothes went on. We are all very upset and there is a sad tone around the yard all day but if any dog had a good life he had, a good dog is better than any friend.

View attachment 42983 View attachment 42982 when they say a dog is a mans best friend, there couldn't be a truer word ever said. Last night at cow time a lad called into the yard and asked was it my dog on the road, either he got a soft tap from a car or else the vet says there was a chance he had a build up if fat around his spinal cord and that did it, but he lost all movement of his back and back legs and no feeling either. Mam and brother went straight to the vet and he gave him a drip and some injection. I was at a wedding and went straight home, he was very happy and in no pain at all so we brought him home for the night. I stayed up almost all night with him and brought him out to the lawn to his favourite spot in the sun this morn. I had to make the call about 11 this morning that he wasn't going to make it, so I rang the vet and he came out and put him to sleep for ever more.
When I was in college I gave the summer of 2004 in the UK working on a farm and what money I hadn't drank over there I used to buy cooper. He was some dog for ploughing and fertiliser spreading and the combine but loved nothing more than spraying with the door open and always on a nice fine day with the pollen and dust in his ears. He has as many hours up in the tractor has the tractor itself. He had to get his testicles removed 2 years ago as he had a growth and he got very heavy afterwards but still wandered around the Parrish and everyone in a 3 mile radius and the local town knew him by name and where he lived and loved getting spins home again from the locals. It's amazing how attached 1 can get to an animal when he sat in the house with you every night and was waiting at home every evening when I got home from work and went stone mad when the working clothes went on. We are all very upset and there is a sad tone around the yard all day but if any dog had a good life he had, a good dog is better than any friend.
Sorry to hear that Bb, they surely do become your best friend.

View attachment 42983 View attachment 42982 when they say a dog is a mans best friend, there couldn't be a truer word ever said. Last night at cow time a lad called into the yard and asked was it my dog on the road, either he got a soft tap from a car or else the vet says there was a chance he had a build up if fat around his spinal cord and that did it, but he lost all movement of his back and back legs and no feeling either. Mam and brother went straight to the vet and he gave him a drip and some injection. I was at a wedding and went straight home, he was very happy and in no pain at all so we brought him home for the night. I stayed up almost all night with him and brought him out to the lawn to his favourite spot in the sun this morn. I had to make the call about 11 this morning that he wasn't going to make it, so I rang the vet and he came out and put him to sleep for ever more.
Sorry about the dog BB. It's surprising how we as farmers spend so much time with our dogs. Often a time they may be our only company for most of the day.
A close friendship that never can be equalled.

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss. I think every farmer has felt the pain of losing their dog. Always remember my mother crying when her dog had to be put down a few years ago. Sorry again.

Back