Dosing

Few cows coughing this week have many of ye gone in with a dose and what did ye use? Pour on would be the more convenient option but im not sure I think an injection would be far more effective.. whats yer thoughts

Yee should try eprcise .think that how ya spell it.kennedy " agridirect " in ballaconnell do in online store job.would never go back to pour ons.
Its 87 % available to the animal to use and kill parasites while yan exprinex stuff which works out dearer anyway on a 650 kg cow is only quarter as effective at killing going by spec sheets

I find it hard to understand how milking cows who the youngest of would be 30 months of age now are so susceptible to parasites. Its it stress of being in the stem for them or what?

Higher stock rates in paddocks there .will be savage amount of parasites after the long dry spell with a big plosh after that.will be like a big incubator for the little buggers

It's how they are managed as young stock. Little resistance to parasites. When these animals mix with the main herd they are adding a parasite loading to pasture as they are not able to suppress their reproduction. Then this leaves the whole herd exposed.

3yr old animals should definitely not need a worm dose, if they do I'd be asking a lot of questions.

Took dung samples at the end of may from weanlings and store cattle - most showed FEC's of 250 to 300. I mentioned before about a natural wormer that I had often used. I dosed everything with it the first week in june, took dung samples again last week and results over the phone came yesterday of between 50 and 90 EPG. Gut worm counts for cows tested as part of the BEEP came back relatively low and there is no need to dose.

Took dung samples at the end of may from weanlings and store cattle - most showed FEC's of 250 to 300. I mentioned before about a natural wormer that I had often used. I dosed everything with it the first week in june, took dung samples again last week and results over the phone came yesterday of between 50 and 90 EPG. Gut worm counts for cows tested as part of the BEEP came back relatively low and there is no need to dose.
Did you get communication regarding the beep stuff @muckymanor ? I was only thinking the other day we havent done a thing for it yet

No communication received. Just working off the initial t's and C's and stuff that has been in the media
Thanks... I've had my eye off the ball for the last while and wondering if I'd missed anything. Good peace of mind to know you're not losing out on thrive and keeping costs on medicines down too. Was it your own vet who tested or a 3rd party lab?

Back