Dribble bars.

Anyone any experience with the major trailing shoe??

Have one at home, happy enough with it, lovely to use in clean shite but can be a pain if there’s hay or things that shouldn’t be there anyway. Splash plate is permanently attached so if it won’t go through the shoe it gets splashed. Unfortunately it dirtys itself when splashing.

I’d sooner if the centre section lifted higher off the ground as if you bog her and try to reverse you will bend the plates connecting the boots to the frame. It is very quick to drop into working position and I suppose if there was extra rams and hinge points there would be more cost and more weight to be carried. Where the boot attaches on ours the pipe from the macerator goes on to a metal tube that holds the boot, this is a bit of a bottle neck and can quiet easily block there even though the macerator has driven the slurry through it. I think the pipe connection on the newer ones are different so this wouldn’t be a problem on a new one.

Have one at home, happy enough with it, lovely to use in clean shite but can be a pain if there’s hay or things that shouldn’t be there anyway. Splash plate is permanently attached so if it won’t go through the shoe it gets splashed. Unfortunately it dirtys itself when splashing.

I’d sooner if the centre section lifted higher off the ground as if you bog her and try to reverse you will bend the plates connecting the boots to the frame. It is very quick to drop into working position and I suppose if there was extra rams and hinge points there would be more cost and more weight to be carried. Where the boot attaches on ours the pipe from the macerator goes on to a metal tube that holds the boot, this is a bit of a bottle neck and can quiet easily block there even though the macerator has driven the slurry through it. I think the pipe connection on the newer ones are different so this wouldn’t be a problem on a new one.
Thanks for that lad. Something to look out for when go see one next week. What you reckon is hp requirements are to pull them?

Thanks for that lad. Something to look out for when go see one next week. What you reckon is hp requirements are to pull them?
Depends on tank size and ground. shoe has very little drag the problem is you need to drive faster as covrring smaller width. I would say 2250 tank with shoe you would be comfortable with 135hp 6 cyl. A 4 cyl would have less torque at lower revs and so is not as suitable. I use the 160-90 which is doing more tahn it says on the tin and it only laughs at the job and we wouldnt ahve the flatest farm in Ireland.

Depends on tank size and ground. shoe has very little drag the problem is you need to drive faster as covrring smaller width. I would say 2250 tank with shoe you would be comfortable with 135hp 6 cyl. A 4 cyl would have less torque at lower revs and so is not as suitable. I use the 160-90 which is doing more tahn it says on the tin and it only laughs at the job and we wouldnt ahve the flatest farm in Ireland.
We would be on fairly flat ground with the exception of one field. I know what you mean you need the poke to move off when working. We have a k430 deutz which wouldn't pull a tinker off its cousin at the best of times. Was going to up grade the loader in the new year but the ould man wants to be buried I think... So the next plan was to hold on to it and trade in the deutz for something with a loader on it.

A friend of mine has a 2250 pulling it with a 95hp renault not a bother to it now I did see him during the spring with the loader and shear grab on so added traction :smile:..No road work at all since Jan...all grazing paddocks... any slurry to the out farm will be done by contractor...

We would be on fairly flat ground with the exception of one field. I know what you mean you need the poke to move off when working. We have a k430 deutz which wouldn't pull a tinker off its cousin at the best of times. Was going to up grade the loader in the new year but the ould man wants to be buried I think... So the next plan was to hold on to it and trade in the deutz for something with a loader on it.
If your fairly flat the deutz should manage, as with everything more power makes it easier but is there enough in it to change your tractor... hardly. We would be fairly hilly here theres a good pull some way in most fields but when we have to use a smaller tractor on it you learn to work around it too especially on your own ground. The power just makes it easier.

If your fairly flat the deutz should manage, as with everything more power makes it easier but is there enough in it to change your tractor... hardly. We would be fairly hilly here theres a good pull some way in most fields but when we have to use a smaller tractor on it you learn to work around it too especially on your own ground. The power just makes it easier.
Well she's 7 years old now and would make a good trade in. I know she would pull it my fear is when you are starting off when working been able to get to the correct speed without make a mess of the place is the problem.

Well she's 7 years old now and would make a good trade in. I know she would pull it my fear is when you are starting off when working been able to get to the correct speed without make a mess of the place is the problem.

May stick it on the 110 lad :Thumbp2:

With the likes of the mastek dribble bars that use lay flat pipes as the outlets how do lads get away with going on the road with them?would be lynched for the amount of slurry on the road in plenty of places round here. Had a pipe not sealing on the injector once so it dribbled a bit had half a dozen phone calls within the first hour about it

With the likes of the mastek dribble bars that use lay flat pipes as the outlets how do lads get away with going on the road with them?would be lynched for the amount of slurry on the road in plenty of places round here. Had a pipe not sealing on the injector once so it dribbled a bit had half a dozen phone calls within the first hour about it

Ours doesn't drip at all. Some of them have a little fold bar which puts a kink in the pipe when the arms are raised to stop the drip. Ours doesn't have these but still does not drip.

Man these prices vary alot. Abbey 2500 painted 35500 for 3 fill points, wide pto, sight glass and all work and road lights. Major 2600, 32k for same as above but it is galvanized and 100 gallons bigger

Man these prices vary alot. Abbey 2500 painted 35500 for 3 fill points, wide pto, sight glass and all work and road lights. Major 2600, 32k for same as above but it is galvanized and 100 gallons bigger
What pump is coming with the tank at those prices.

It’s some money for a tank,they’re making serious profit,I mean it’s full of air when it leaves the factory.:lol:

Reactions: Paw
What size wheels on that major? Surely 28's? That's the same price as the 1700g with 32s. All road lights, mud flaps and wide pto

The shoes are different but both doing a good job. The only advantage abbey has is they are on 50 mm pipes.

What size pipes is the major on?

I wouldn't have less than 50mm but I’d want the major over the abbey purely because of being galvanised.

The Major only has rubber dampers whereas the Abbey has a proper leaf spring suspended drawbar. Would have to be easier on the road.

Back