Dump/Diversion line.

I think we gave similar to Delaval for similar buckets, blue instead of orange. If you could get your hands on the old stainless buckets, a bit heavier though. I know a few growing flowers in them.

we used to give the new born caves the same ear tag number as its mother then for the first 5 days it only got its mothers milk . we used to put white tape on small pales and use a black marker to write the cows number on it so we could keep it separate. sometimes we could have 15-20 small pales to keep separate every milking .a lot of extra work but we thought it was well worth it ,we didnt loose many calves if they were born alive .the dump buckets were a pain in the arse and made the job a lot slower but quicker isnt always better unfortunately .

farmer i worked for put in cluster removers round about 1975 , they then had a policy that you only put units on you always let the cluster removers take the units of , the idea being it was always the same every milking .

Good policy for biosecurity especially stuff like Johnes. I have to say we are not the best there. We do use red tape to mark buckets from antibiotics milk to bulls and blue for milk to heifers.
Only bother with cluster removers is when a bit of grit gets stuck in there...not often but annoying when we got them first

Surge%20bucket.jpg

Have a few a these here, they're not used anymore thought. A bit awkward to clean.

What are you using at the moment?

It hardly going to backfire anyway, simple, cheap and low risk.

Nothing. Any cow not in the tank has to be kept until the last line and then milk the cows on the last line that are going in the tank first and then milk the cow thats not.:thumbdown:

I'm going with the mob on this one TMKF. I'll let ya know if its a mistake!

Na not trying to argue:D
You could hardly argue with €170 vs. €10,000 (I'm not sure on that figure just for the dumpline but hey it's going to be over 5k anyway) If I was doing an upgrade on a parlour though it's one thing I definitely wouldn't leave it out
My main reason for the passionate hatred is being a young lad carrying one of the stainless steel ones up the steps and being covered!

Would you not just put the fresh cows in first take colostrum then milk the anti-biotics. Dump line is a great job for removing that odd cow with mastitis or a high SCC
Cluster removers are the job! Wouldn't be without them now

dump line is a handy job alright, if you have a cow that calved a month early and you have to dump her twice a day for a fortnight, and have newly calved cows that you taking colostrum from to feed calves all in the same row, it's hard to get round them all quickly with the bucket.

cluster removers on the other hand are the bane of my life, i hate them with a passion, instead of speeding up milking they just slow it down, especially in a swing over parlour. in a doubled up parlour they are only good for having somewhere out of range of a cows arse to hang the unit(even this isn't enough all the time)

dump line is a handy job alright, if you have a cow that calved a month early and you have to dump her twice a day for a fortnight, and have newly calved cows that you taking colostrum from to feed calves all in the same row, it's hard to get round them all quickly with the bucket.

cluster removers on the other hand are the bane of my life, i hate them with a passion, instead of speeding up milking they just slow it down, especially in a swing over parlour. in a doubled up parlour they are only good for having somewhere out of range of a cows arse to hang the unit(even this isn't enough all the time)

That too, buckets won't really work if you have a compacted calving pattern and 2 fresh cows come into the one row, Or if you happen to have two cows with mastitis in one row. You end up with double the milking time

I've heard high yield herds complain on that but I don't understand how do they slow it down?

That too, buckets won't really work if you have a compacted calving pattern and 2 fresh cows come into the one row, Or if you happen to have two cows with mastitis in one row. You end up with double the milking time

I've heard high yield herds complain on that but I don't understand how do they slow it down?

well for one, you don't waste time pulling down the rope, it adds up, there is no rope in your way making it less awkward and you can put the unit on a bit easier/faster, cows kick off units and cluster remover lifts them after a while making it look like cow was milked out properly, then you have to go back and if you have an "if" about it at all then you put it back on cause you wonder "did she kick that off or did machine take it off:001_huh:" where without ACR's you KNOW that if you didn't take it off she probably not finished. cows will catch on rope easier than just the pipes and so it makes them kick off more often.

and they clutter up the parlour alot, without ACR's parlour is more open and just a nicer place to be.

well for one, you don't waste time pulling down the rope, it adds up, there is no rope in your way making it less awkward and you can put the unit on a bit easier/faster, cows kick off units and cluster remover lifts them after a while making it look like cow was milked out properly, then you have to go back and if you have an "if" about it at all then you put it back on cause you wonder "did she kick that off or did machine take it off:001_huh:" where without ACR's you KNOW that if you didn't take it off she probably not finished. cows will catch on rope easier than just the pipes and so it makes them kick off more often.

and they clutter up the parlour alot, without ACR's parlour is more open and just a nicer place to be.

Do you have ACR's in your parlour?

Back