dung spreaders

That was his wife with him to open the gate . IT took him the same length to spread that as i was spreading 3000g of slurry in the field next door and 25 minutes odd for him to be ready to spread his next load .
Looks like he has plenty of help there anyway.

I know I like hardship but I couldn't inflict that on myself....

I with a 4 prong fork / pike . I`d a young lad with me who`d never seen one / knew they even existed could`nt believe anyone would want to own one of them .
going to be an expensive operation spreading even a small midden with that . whate do they fill it with a grape(pike) ??

Out on stubble, probably better to break down some bit. Ideally let it rot but things don't always go to plan

Out on stubble, probably better to break down some bit. Ideally let it rot but things don't always go to plan

I think when it is piled up it breaks down pretty fast, in a few weeks, but the smell is bad:scared: I suppose the other problem is you are never sure when it will wash up so can't plan ahead

tidy looking spreader its well minded as well but the galvanising was a good help. A spreader is on my list of machinery needed but funds wont allow for a little while.

You are not alone! I've humed and hawed enough on it myself!

Couldn't justify one here, local contractor with volvo loading shovel and bunning trailed spreader gets it done in a day.

I'm not aware of any contractor with one in the locality, but I hire one out from a hire place near me to do mine. Load it with the digger and the turf cutting bucket.

It would take 25 years of 2 day hire to spend the price of a new 750 side spreader.

I have an ancient Abbey 5.5 m for 25 years . It wasnt used for 3 years , until I used it to spread a small bit last harvest , that got forgotten about .
I have got 2 different contractors to spread it for years . One with a Jeantil and other with a Richard western both rear discharge .
3 or 400 would get a lot of dung spread with them .

I was in a yard last Saturday, and saw a mint condition Belmac rotary , 7.5 m . I enquired at to price, €3750 . I would count it value at the price , but on the other hand it would pay for my dung spreading for 10 years approx , and no diesel cost or time lost that could be used at something else.

Couldn't justify one here, local contractor with volvo loading shovel and bunning trailed spreader gets it done in a day.

Contractor here too gets it done quickly and no fuss but I do wonder are we making best use of it as fields have to be selected which suit when he is here which usually means a few paddocks may not get done which should get done.

More of an issue here as we are all straw beds.

Our old Fraser 8.5 cube gave up 10 years ago.
Got contractor in the day after it happened and decided there and then the Fraser wasn't to be fixed!!!

Borowed a mates side slinger to do a small game cover a few years ago. Quickly realised the hardship I was missing out on!!

Had a couple of Zetor RUR here. great for chicken muck, compost, soft and rotted muck. fresh muck from unchopped straw can present a problem, but no spreader does a good job of that stuff.
very even wide spread pattern, 12m tramlines no problem.
Chain drive sprocket wears and can drop chain when worn, not desirable feature. Other than that not much to go wrong.
Big advantage is their light weight

Hi Carrick could you contact me please have bought one here lately and the floor chain is messing about. Just want to test your knowledge on one please

Hi Carrick could you contact me please have bought one here lately and the floor chain is messing about. Just want to test your knowledge on one please
Fire away, have been using an agrispread for the last 10 year, but wore out 2 zetor prior to that. If rear rotor teeth are worn or stretched, they can be replaced or try building them up a bit with weld then shape them with the grinder. If bars are bent at all it will throw a chain.
Less weight you have on it and shorter journey from filling to spreading, less pressure on chains. If the spreader is sound it's probably worth fitting a hydraulic floor drive.
These spreaders are getting old now though, must be over 10 year since the last were imported.

Are the teeth on the drive sprockets worn? Have you tensioned the floor chains out at the front? 4 tensioner on it.
The drive sprockets seem OK still coming above chain when in tight. Have a new set of chains there for her so might put in to see if that helps

Fire away, have been using an agrispread for the last 10 year, but wore out 2 zetor prior to that. If rear rotor teeth are worn or stretched, they can be replaced or try building them up a bit with weld then shape them with the grinder. If bars are bent at all it will throw a chain.
Less weight you have on it and shorter journey from filling to spreading, less pressure on chains. If the spreader is sound it's probably worth fitting a hydraulic floor drive.
These spreaders are getting old now though, must be over 10 year since the last were imported.
I seen sparex do a complete rear shaft but it's like 1200 plus vat. I have a full set of chains there might have to try them. The tin work is just faded no holes just surface rust.would it be a big job putting hydraulic floor drive on? Any pictures of one that has been done?

Hi can anyone tell where i can get floor chains for spreader.Have tried a few places but having no luck
14mm chain
Thanks

Hi can anyone tell where i can get floor chains for spreader.Have tried a few places but having no luck
14mm chain
Thanks
Would Distag have it?

Back