electric fencers

Good grief, 25kv.:scared:. NZ style grazer I take it?

;)

Larry!!
It was got to keep wild stock out, not to keep stock in. It was needed, you'd have to have seen what this guy was at with his stock to understand. It still, to this day, amazes me to see what he was able to get away with.

Sent from my LT22i using Forum Runner

Some lads have no shame.:no: Never mind damage to lawns etc but the danger of cattle on roads.

And the department of agriculture wernt one bit interested in him as he hadn't drawn any subs, no SFP, and as his animals wernt technically ill from mistreatment, they couldnt do anything. He bought a bull off a man who was getting rid of him due to the beast turning wicked, it ran my father when it took a liking to our cows, lucky escape, the HSA didn't do anything when I reported it either. Ah, I could rant on for hours about him, but just shows ya, is my SFP worth the bother?

Sent from my LT22i using Forum Runner

I can't find the fencing website but it had a discription on it on how to determine how much earthing you needed.
As far as i can remember this is what you do

-go out a hundred yds from fencer and drive a solid iorn bar(by hand) into the ground and then push it over onto the fence wire.

-go back to earth bar and use a digital tester to measure voltage in earth bar.

-i think if you could read 200 volts?? or less(might be 100) your earth was ok but if the reading was higher you needed more earths.

-i also think it said that fewer deep earth bars were better then a lot of shallower ones.

If i can find the website i will post a link
http://www.rutland-electric-fencing.co.uk/PageTestingFence.aspx

ok so i bought a cheetah fencer but i want to place it inside a water proof type plastic box and mount it on an outside wall , i saw one of theese on a farm walk once in another part of the country

could be a general purpose platic container , anyone any idea where id get one ?

ok so i bought a cheetah fencer but i want to place it inside a water proof type plastic box and mount it on an outside wall , i saw one of theese on a farm walk once in another part of the country

could be a general purpose platic container , anyone any idea where id get one ?

A meter box is what you need.
http://www.mcmahons.ie/esb-meter-box-complete.html
Any electrical wholesalers will have them.

Be aware though, fencers can go walkabout, mine was stolen out of an unlocked shed a couple of years ago.

no , not deep enough , too big aswell , looking for something only slightly larger than the fencer itself with a see through plastic front door

some esb meter boxes have see through fronts are larger and deeper then the domestic boxes.might suit

Can you use the same earth for 2 fencers?
5 good earth rods, hoping not to have to put in a separate earth for the second fence.

Last edited:
Can you use the same earth for 2 dancers?
5 good earth rods, hoping not to have to put in a separate earth for the second fence.
I have done it, can't see any reason not to as long as it isn't shared with an ESB earth.

Well lads
Lightening took out both fencers one runs of a sparker a pel 210 3kw looking to replace this one my question is will a sparker run any fencer.thanks in advance

anyone use one of those expensive fence testers that are meant to point in the direction of the fault? Any use or just a gimmick?
I have a Forcefield one for a while. I find it quite useful for finding a fault and checking what volts you have. Wasn’t all that expensive around sixty or seventy euros if remember right.

anyone have a lightening diverter fitted on the fence line.as fencers like all else get dearer, so do repairing them.can't find much info on putting one on the line.

Back