Euro Head Stock Locking Mechanism

That's a much cleverer way of closing it that the Alo method. There are 4 springs and a gas strut on the last Alo loaders
Yes it's a far better job, essentially all one piece and you can release it without having to reach into the centre of the headstock.

Sorry I didn’t get a great pic for you of the stopper that holds it open, I’ve put a blue circle around it hopefully that helps, it just sits against the side plate of the headstock when you pull it out and down. The little plate I’ve highlighted in red the nudges the arm up enough to release it when you crowd in fully.

and yes it slides back into the pipe the spring is against when open, if you want I can measure the lengths of it all but it might be the end of the week!
View attachment 72470

Am I right when I say that when it slides into the pipe it doesn't come out the other side. It just sits flush with the other end of the pipe. If it did come out it would catch the other eye on the bottom of the bucket.

I will have to do a bit of measuring of my own first on the existing head stock and if I need any measurements I will let you know

Having seen all the pics I'm less sure about it for DIY.

Very clever system it has to be said.

There's a bit of making to get that all to work right, and if it doesnt you could have a bucket you think is on fall off.

I think a bit of time with some thumbtacks and card would have a lever system figured out if you didnt have one to hand to copy

That was my first thought when I saw the JD one but now that I see the one Drew put up it looks easier.

Having seen all the pics I'm less sure about it for DIY.

Very clever system it has to be said.

There's a bit of making to get that all to work right, and if it doesnt you could have a bucket you think is on fall off.

I think a bit of time with some thumbtacks and card would have a lever system figured out if you didnt have one to hand to copy

you could always fit a hydraulic ram to open and close the hitch,all my loaders have hydraulic hitches.

Much better looking job than the quickie easier make it hydralic too. Than the lever job on the quick with two many linkages and little gas strut .

Am I right when I say that when it slides into the pipe it doesn't come out the other side. It just sits flush with the other end of the pipe. If it did come out it would catch the other eye on the bottom of the bucket.

I will have to do a bit of measuring of my own first on the existing head stock and if I need any measurements I will let you know
Yeah it just comes back to flush, I’d say the length of the 2 bits of pipe and the bar needs to be worked out fairly right to get the balance just right. It’s even on both sides as it is possible to set those headstock a up so that the pull handle is on the opposite side, but I’ve never been able to work out a reason for it seeing as nearly every tractor has the left door as the main door

you could always fit a hydraulic ram to open and close the hitch,all my loaders have hydraulic hitches.
I vote hydraulic too.
We bodged one up to work off the rear spools. Just two long pipes.
Dad was sceptical about the benefit before I made ours, but wouldn't do without now!

Back