exporting slurry

Green Grass

I will be slightly over 170 kg/h in the nitrates .I have a farmer who is willing to import slurry as he is well below the 170 kg/h.But the problem is this farmer has applied for a derogation at the start of the year ,will this disallow him from importing slurry even though he well within limits without any derogation

I will be slightly over 170 kg/h in the nitrates .I have a farmer who is willing to import slurry as he is well below the 170 kg/h.But the problem is this farmer has applied for a derogation at the start of the year ,will this disallow him from importing slurry even though he well within limits without any derogation

this is tricky, as once you apply for a derogation, ..........(ridiculous dept rules) the department will say that you have to meet the terms and conditions even though you dont need it the Derogation or have withdrawn it (actually they dont know what the rules are, as I have found out). Best for the other farmer to do, is email the Nitrates Section in Johnstown and ask them to withdraw his application ( I would suggest this to anyone that applied for a derogation and isnt going to need it as if you dont you could be drawing yourself in for a derogation inspection next year). Once is application is withdrawn he doesnt have to live by the rules, and can import.

On saying all that, I have imported and exported while in derogation, maybe I just wasnt noticed

I was locked up for tb for a month also and could not reduce stock ,could you get a dispensation on account of not being able to sell cattle

Would you not have to had the form into Johnstown Castle by the end of November ? As in , have you left it too late to be doing this ?

I have mine sent in 3 weeks ago. It doesn’t make any difference when, so long as it’s done .

But you were locked up, It would be irresponsible for you to possibility infect other farms.
He wasn't locked up because his herd had TB, he was restricted because he was contiguous. As far as I know, he can do all the normal stuff bar sell stock until he has passed the test.

If his test is clear, he is a normal herd again.

He wasn't locked up because his herd had TB, he was restricted because he was contiguous. As far as I know, he can do all the normal stuff bar sell stock until he has passed the test.

If his test is clear, he is a normal herd again.
yes but the OP had to retain extra cattle that they hadnt intended in doing and now this has contributed to this extra slurry and if he mentions to anyone that he was a restricted herd they would be very slow on taking the slurry off them.

Back