Factory Prices General thread

Interesting also that they are gone from Herefords too, us idiots of farmers must be paying way too much for them.

It's easy for them to leave the price as is as they've backed up two weeks supply now...

There aren't many farms with a 450 cattle to one man ratio in Ireland that I know of
Well,giiven that they are only feeding and sorting/dosing/drafting the cattle, they would have shag all to do. I can think of a good number of places with more cattle with only a man. Know a place with a good few more and the lad works full time in a job. If your only feeding and stock checking cattle you would cover some amount in the day. Its all the odd jobs us normal farmers do throughout the day that eats our time along with paperwork

I don't know how they are getting away with bedding just a week but assume most of the stock are on slats.

While we are on agriland headlines this one is fairly galling, more like sink the ship, there can't be any feeders to thrilled with where the price is at yet despite the old claim there is no cartel they are well aligned on price despite supplying various different markets. http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news...steady-the-ship-after-a-month-of-price-drops/
Writing is on the wall year after year for winter finishers. Only way factories will take any notice is if finisher numbers keep dropping away. But as soon as one man drops out a bigger fool is ready to drop in.

Anyone any word on factory prices lately?? Factories appear hungry for beef despite higher weekly kills.

Slight bit more interest, but fxxk its slight. still booking 10 days in advance and happy to leave cattle behind. They have nearly gotten over the hump,:cry:. Cattle must be blowing big bucks:no:

Any sign of a significant lift folks or are we stuck on the 3.90/3.95 with 10c extra for heifers?

I think you will find they will use the" beast" to backlog supply ,as to hold or even pull price .

I think you will find they will use the" beast" to backlog supply ,as to hold or even pull price .

I'd imagine that the kill won't be down too much last week. Probably killed a lot of cattle the first few days anticipating the weather later in the week....

I see local lad in the know cleaned out his shed of cows this week ,i wonder with the quare weather will factories pull cow prices as it seems there is too many cows in the country to feed anyway

I see local lad in the know cleaned out his shed of cows this week ,i wonder with the quare weather will factories pull cow prices as it seems there is too many cows in the country to feed anyway
sold a good few cows aswell this week, but im not in the know, and very, very few are

Back