Factory Prices General thread

we dont want intervention, great way to make sure we never make money
I think beef farmers are not supposed to make money, with or without intervention. Looking at yearlings selling on dd. And seeing lads asking nearly 2 euro for friesians. And then see what s being given in factories. Who s giving them 2 euro at this point.? Madness imo

I suppose if they are light then anything under 2 euro isnt coming in to big money but I couldn't see them being worth it.
I'd imagine any lesser type continental arent worth more than 2 euro and some good enough ones being sold at it if they are over 600kilo.
Weanling heifers were a Robin roscommon last Tuesday apparently. Last sale

Heard of 3.50 quoted for good type heifers. This correct? Heard cows are in freefall
Last few cattle from here went early Thursday morning at 3.65, lorry man reckoned we were definitely lucky to get them away when we did as they were going to 3.50 from Monday and said that they basically won’t even quote for cows from now on with McDonald’s closed:sad:

Last few cattle from here went early Thursday morning at 3.65, lorry man reckoned we were definitely lucky to get them away when we did as they were going to 3.50 from Monday and said that they basically won’t even quote for cows from now on with McDonald’s closed:sad:
I heard the same, factories going to be working at 40%, I’ve 6 bullocks and 2 cows left, but got rid of all the store lambs before the price of them totally collapsed.....

got the same yesterday too

Talking to agent yesterday, 3.45 heifers, 3.40 steers 3.30 r grade bulls and 3 euro for r grade cows

That’s going to have a knock on effect on store cattle prices, a good fit straight R grade bullock will be coming into less than €2/kg live weight.

€2 be way too much, with base price @ €3.40

Maybe you didn’t understand my post?
A good straight fit R grade bullock
Weighing 750kg
kills out at 55%
Paid at €3.40 plus 20c QA.
In my post I said the bullock would be into less than €2/kg live weight.

What do you reckon is a more accurate figure?

Maybe you didn’t understand my post?
A good straight fit R grade bullock
Weighing 750kg
kills out at 55%
Paid at €3.40 plus 20c QA.
In my post I said the bullock would be into less than €2/kg live weight.

What do you reckon is a more accurate figure?

I get what you are saying now. im my experience he would come into €1.90 liveweight on day of slaughter. good straight fit cattle wouldnt average 55% constantly

Looks like aibp are twisting the knife to try to kill off all Irish beef farmers by bringing in beef for uk supermarkets from Poland.

Looks like aibp are twisting the knife to try to kill off all Irish beef farmers by bringing in beef for uk supermarkets from Poland.
They have dropped cow price 20 c in the past fortnight on the back of McDonalds/Supermacs closing claiming there was a much reduced market for manufacturing beef yet the cow kill is up.

Back