Farm yard security

Putting 110v through the door would definitely not be a good plan, besides the fact that it would be highly dangerous for anyone using your yard, you would probably end up doing time yourself if anyone was fatally injured or killed as a result of it.
110v won't really give u more than a tickle.jts why they use it on site

Workshop and yard got broken into while I was over in UK, I had put the trip up on Facebook, won't be doing that again. They tried to load a forklift onto a horsebox in for repair, got away with over 8k worth of hand tools and my own personal tools I had taken out of the van. A couple of weeks later I got a call from a man in south Armagh claiming to have found all the stuff, a good republican like, needed 1500 for his trouble...am beyond pissed off about it now. Have dog got, tightened up all security and cameras going in. If I could get away with it electrocution and shooting is too good for them....
Thieves and crows deserve the same attention, just saying, like. It helps to have a digger nearby too...

Workshop and yard got broken into while I was over in UK, I had put the trip up on Facebook, won't be doing that again. They tried to load a forklift onto a horsebox in for repair, got away with over 8k worth of hand tools and my own personal tools I had taken out of the van. A couple of weeks later I got a call from a man in south Armagh claiming to have found all the stuff, a good republican like, needed 1500 for his trouble...am beyond pissed off about it now. Have dog got, tightened up all security and cameras going in. If I could get away with it electrocution and shooting is too good for them....

Very Sorry to hear that whichwire, That's a big blow for any small business.

I have a hole dug just Incase I need one in a hurry .

The extra depth with the 3D helps no doubt :laugh:

@whichwire sorry to hear of your troubles.
About the fb thing I've heard it said that it can cause a problem for insurance if broken in to while away and u post on social media that u are away?
@Ozzy Scott I presume your dog attacked someone on your premises?
Under current law a property owner has reduced liability to the public if they come in without invitation as I understand it.
Was your event recent?

It happened the last week in april, insurance only paid out last week. Luckily a lot of power tools were on lease from hilti, compared to buying tools it is more expensive to lease but it happened on a Thursday night and we got delivery of new tools the following Wednesday, in fairness the leasing is the way to go once your doing more than using a few power tools. What has annoyed the most is that loss of s sense of security, I not having sleepless nights or anything but have a real awards of it now. The other was the see you next Tuesdays made off with all my personal tools. A lot of stuff I collected over the years of got during the military...for the weeks after I was in the hardware and engineering shops replacing stuff....small handy drill bits, that sort of thing...it never ends....

@whichwire sorry to hear of your troubles.
About the fb thing I've heard it said that it can cause a problem for insurance if broken in to while away and u post on social media that u are away?
@Ozzy Scott I presume your dog attacked someone on your premises?
Under current law a property owner has reduced liability to the public if they come in without invitation as I understand it.
Was your event recent?

Cant comment on Forum

Jeep taken local Saturday 4 o clock, walked in sat in a drive off!!! Busy yard cows probably on way in! It’s the second on in the last 3months, both Toyota Hilux’s new models

Jeep taken local Saturday 4 o clock, walked in sat in a drive off!!! Busy yard cows probably on way in! It’s the second on in the last 3months, both Toyota Hilux’s new models
Anyone who leaves the keys in an unattended vehicle is only playing into the hands of these crims.

where the hell do you go selling a stolen hilux too, or is it a case of strip them down and away in parts in a container

Anyone who leaves the keys in an unattended vehicle is only playing into the hands of these crims.

Ya that’s what everyone says, but can anyone say they lock the Jeep in the yard if there only in and out again shortly.... I’d be guilty of it anyway:sad:

I presume they are just stripped, last one was found but was crashed when the guards chased it a week later so was wrote off

Power washer has been recovered ,being held as evidence for court case .No sign of quad . Roler door fitted all diesel and lub. oil drums lawnmower stored ,are looking to reploace quad with either jd 855 gator or kubota x900 any suggestions .

Oh all implements socket sets battery fencers named and mobile ph no .with a yellow steel marker pen. l

Attachments

• 350363DC-C3C2-4A34-817D-6022717CDEFD.jpeg
    350363DC-C3C2-4A34-817D-6022717CDEFD.jpeg
    118.5 KB · Views: 94
  • F84DF497-E6CE-46F4-8D32-700041C4EA02.jpeg
    F84DF497-E6CE-46F4-8D32-700041C4EA02.jpeg
    115.3 KB · Views: 94
Power washer has been recovered ,being held as evidence for court case .No sign of quad . Roler door fitted all diesel and lub. oil drums lawnmower stored ,are looking to reploace quad with either jd 855 gator or kubota x900 any suggestions .

Good that something was found. I'd sooner have got the quad back than the power washer ?
I bought number punches to mark trailers etc. Haven't quite got around to it though...

A DOE failure jeep ? I know as many lads with them as quads. You might know of such a vehicle ? :rolleyes2:. Some of the newer Honda quads arent giving the service the older models would have been legendary for.

Ps , had you the power washer marked with that pen , or had you the serial number written down , to know it was your one they found @agreid ?

Written down? I`m not any where near that organised . We had a chap give a talk about the IFA marking and recording ,the bit I got at least take pictures on your phone , and hopefully it isn`t stolen .

Back