Fast bales

In the first video at about 3:20 am I the only one thinks it was a bit of a waste to drop the bale beside the other just to pick up 2 together when he was already beside th trailer? Surely it would have been as quick to just go straight to the trailer with the one on the loader then get the other one that was right beside the trailer?

was thinking that too. to me it looks like it has too many moving components for what its meant to do.
need something like this
anderson_bale_wagon.jpg

Much simpler arm alright, but I often think of the likes of that or a Wilson or keltec if I’ve ever to pick up a bale to re wrap it on the wrapper arm, half the time the plastic ends up torn along the arm

My first thoughts exactly
I wonder is the loading aspect of it automated?
As in line up and press go.
Says in the video automatic loading with manual override, I assume the curved red bar that seems to hit the bale first in the back of the grab is like a trigger arm that sets it all into motion?

Reactions: AYF
Much simpler arm alright, but I often think of the likes of that or a Wilson or keltec if I’ve ever to pick up a bale to re wrap it on the wrapper arm, half the time the plastic ends up torn along the arm

Says in the video automatic loading with manual override, I assume the curved red bar that seems to hit the bale first in the back of the grab is like a trigger arm that sets it all into motion?
yeah. with the one in the photo i put up, those style of trailers, problem is also having the bale being dropped without holes being put onto them. i noticed with the one with the complicated arm that when it was unloading, thats a fair distance for the bale to fall, so trying to find one that can unload the bale safely be a hard one to find

On the moveing stacking bales subject a friend helped me draw bales and stack them
Useing his own loader whats goin rate € for stacking and moveing bales now its only to headland of field , per hour ?

My first thoughts exactly
I wonder is the loading aspect of it automated?
As in line up and press go.

I used a square bale stacker in d states and it was automated when d arm was pulled in to squeeze a bale it put it up on d first table and loaded 2 on d main table when it had them on board

I noticed that it could do with dropping them lower or have some kind of cushion for dropping. Whats d 1 like in Dungarvan? I saw another on facebook this morning il see if i can find it again

Edit i just found it here again. Is this d 1?

View attachment 66942 View attachment 66943

The thing about a trailer like that which can haul 16 bales is that weights can be up to and over 20 ton, not including the tractor. The trailer itself is 6 ton empty. In our area, and I'm sure in most other areas, if you have land that will carry 20 ton, and gaps that will let you in and out with a load like that you will make pit silage.

The thing about a trailer like that which can haul 16 bales is that weights can be up to and over 20 ton, not including the tractor. The trailer itself is 6 ton empty. In our area, and I'm sure in most other areas, if you have land that will carry 20 ton, and gaps that will let you in and out with a load like that you will make pit silage.
and it has barrow tyre on too

Fast bales Isle of Man style, these lads have 600 cows and all bales. Loader in the field, 2 in the yard. No matter how you handle bales it needs serious gear to do it quick. Make a few here, only surplus grass but wouldn't dream of doing a main cut ever again, you don't get back all the time wasted in the winter opening bales. Contractor here has a Fusion this year, we draw them in, before it would inevitably be the middle of the night before the wrapping would start.

I see from the 19 video they’re getting grilled as to why so many bales.

@Tullyvernon commenting.

Surprised someone hasn't told us that we're all mad making bales and that we should be pitting it.

"gets popcorn "

We have but you just don't listen.:lol::lol::lol:

.......with a wagon!!

Wagon silage has to be the best kept secret on the forum. :clap: I don't know how lads stomach the plastic bill never mind the army of men needed to draw them in and stack them.

Over heard two auld lads discussing soft hands and elephant trunks outside the shop, and was thinking if you didn't know anything about farming or baled silage, you'd think they were two right oddballs
are you surprised though? asks the prime oddball of this website

Are lads getting paid to.move these bales?
Or doing it for nothing or a nominal charge to get/keep the baling work?
The pressure of having to have men and tractors the same day as baling isn't simple

Could you mount a camera on the ram running betweeen the two uprights?
It wouldn't be the easiest to see still imo a camera is great to give you an idea of what's going on behind you but not for accuracy.
I think that handler turned the other way around and swinging out like a mower wpuls be the job

Are lads getting paid to.move these bales?
Or doing it for nothing or a nominal charge to get/keep the baling work?
The pressure of having to have men and tractors the same day as baling isn't simple
Probably are Lads doing it for nothing.
45 plus vat per hour each machine drawing each machine with a loader on it.
Pressure is cruel this year mowers rake baler and yokes drawing all out at the same time

Talk of de mounts and hooklifts on another thread had me thinking.
Would a hooklift system work with bales??
Body being loaded
Body being emptied
And one going back and forth
Be no hanging around.
Field loader could have time to strap the bales too on some draws? Easy enough to strap two high and wide at field level!?

Then stack them to move farms
@Bog Man ever tried bales on urs?

Talk of de mounts and hooklifts on another thread had me thinking.
Would a hooklift system work with bales??
Body being loaded
Body being emptied
And one going back and forth
Be no hanging around.
Field loader could have time to strap the bales too on some draws? Easy enough to strap two high and wide at field level!?

Then stack them to move farms
@Bog Man ever tried bales on urs?
Cheaper to buy a extra trailer

I made a few attempts to buy flat beds so never did it . Tying stuff and loading while on the ground is very handy . How do they do it in america ???

Back