Favourite holiday destination in the uk

wee eck

in the current financial climate and with more folk holidaying at home brings me to ask the question where is your favourite destination in the uk for going away to on a break

my girlfriend and i are just back from 5 days on arran and we thouroghly enjoyed it, great weather helped too :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Either the South West, (Dorset, Devon and Cornwall) or The Lake District.

Also like the Cotswolds, and Herefordshire, particularly the Golden Valley.

Only place I have been to in the Uk is London, twice. Must get on ryanair.com and arrange a trip!

For something a bit different we like going on a boating Holidays.
Have done the broads a couple of times, Only trouble for us is getting there.
Have also done a couple weekends on the Caledonian Canal
and if you are lucky with the weather, The scenery is something else
and is so relaxing chugging along with a few beers.

Actually going back to the Caley Canal in April for a weekend with my
shift from work on a team building exercise. So should be better than the
normal team building pesh we usually get. :sailor:

Rye on the edge of Romney Marsh :yes:

Just by chance, I know 2 very good holiday homes on a working farm that is available for rent if any one is interested !! :whistling:

Probably would get it for a forum4farming discount price!! :sweatdrop:

Thinking of going to Bridgewater Somerset to stay with my Uncle then down to St Ives to see my cousins. Cheap Holiday needed this summer.

Rye on the edge of Romney Marsh :yes:

Just by chance, I know 2 very good holiday homes on a working farm that is available for rent if any one is interested !! :whistling:

Probably would get it for a forum4farming discount price!! :sweatdrop:

Good looking place you have there, wife has booked Lake Garda this year and I am going to the Same tractor museum and factory

Leone75

got a week booked in lakes at a converted farm at end of april then 4 weeks back at work then 2 weeks in south france!! ready for it already! :001_cool:

Sister has place near Inverness I like a weekend up there,Small cottage and no phone signal is all I need.

Leone75

funnily enough I can relax better knowing I can be contacted if need be
I am not a farmer just an engineer and if I am miles away I cannot do much, but if anyone leaves a message I can call back later. If you have livestock and employees it is a different matter.

Leone75

I have a lot of things that I can sort out on the phone or tell someone how to do it or where to get what they need ,if theres a problem with feed or water it needs sorting there and then ,I just find it easier that way rather than come home to problems

I have a lot of things that I can sort out on the phone or tell someone how to do it or where to get what they need ,if theres a problem with feed or water it needs sorting there and then ,I just find it easier that way rather than come home to problems

I find if your easy contacted ie mobil thats all they do phone and ask for help but if your not easy contacted they make a effort and sort it out them selfs and you come home to a proud of them selfs work force cos they sorted problems on there own like big boys and it makes them happy !:thumbup:

ive heard it can b a little cold and wet

Adds to the fun !! ive been lucky always had good weather we were in dunkeld for weekend on the 12 nice frosty mornings bright sunny days cant beat it great !!

Would be Yorkshire for me. Preferably out of season. Either the dales or the moors - spent a lot of time up there when I was younger.

North Wales and Scotland also favourites.

Can't remember the last time I had a holiday though. Just as happy spending time at home and not having a partner to please these days makes things a lot easier :yes:

Back