FBD

I've 2 policies and got 1 voucher
I've 4 policies not including the farming side of it. I don't particularly want a voucher but it's the principal of it and if I get nothing next week I'm getting onto them. I've been a loyal customer since I was 17 years old and they can go fcuk themselves if they think for one second I'll let this slide.

I have two car policies and I got two one for all vouchers and I am not allowed use them unless accompanied by my carer . What is the story with VHI or did anyone get anything back.

I have two car policies and I got two one for all vouchers and I am not allowed use them unless accompanied by my carer . What is the story with VHI or did anyone get anything back.
VHI increased their prices for next year and gave a discount for this year roughly the same as the increase. Paid a few week ago, about 5% reduction after discount.

The FBD feck arse vouchers are only for private car policies, not available on commercial policies.

I got nothing off them and I'm giving them thousands a year.

It is only on car insurance policies so that might be why you didn't get one.

Yep after 12 months it starts to run down. I got the fbd voucher and I know what lads are saying, a discount would have been more useful but at the end of the day its cash in your hands folks... there are hundreds of places to spend the thing... gift horses and all that

1.60 per month after 12 months. A lot of employers use them too as they are a tax efficient way of giving bonuses.

Local Supervalu and I think Tesco take them so if nothing else you can use them with the weekly shop.

It is only on car insurance policies so that might be why you didn't get one.

1.60 per month after 12 months. A lot of employers use them too as they are a tax efficient way of giving bonuses.

Local Supervalu and I think Tesco take them so if nothing else you can use them with the weekly shop.
Employer gives us one each christmas and the holiday food shop normally takes care of it. Already been informed there wont be one this year due to covid cutbacks

I suppose if fbd gave every policy holder e35 off then it will cost them x amount. If the voucher is not spend is it still costing them e35, how many people will actually send the voucher then... Its only a bit of good P.R for them really
The motor insurance companies saved a solid fortune on claims, sure next to nobody was driving. Traffic still well down.

I pay my vhi premium monthly and for June it went down by 80 euro. Will see what happens in July

Last edited:
I got two e35 one for all vouchers from fbd for the two car policies, I also have a van policy with them, I'll see today that I get one as that's registered to the farm address!

Zurich gave me a €40 one for all card on a commercial vehicle policy.
FBD sent me a second one of these, so must be also giving them on commercial vehicles, but that makes very little sense to me as my commercial driving hasn't really changed, while I have hardy ever driven the private car.

FBD sent me a second one of these, so must be also giving them on commercial vehicles, but that makes very little sense to me as my commercial driving hasn't really changed, while I have hardy ever driven the private car.
Our car is in the wifes name, can't think of the insurance company but she has got nothing back.

Got a €35 off them last week I think and dad got one yesterday so they must be sending them out to commercial policies now as the jeep is the only thing he still had with them

I got 3 the other day. All in separate envelopes which seems a bit daft but herself is delighted. Inc hers there's 4 inside now.

I have a 05 landcruiser; FBD will now only cover it 3rd party fire and theft!

So after being with FBd since I was 18 that’s the end of it.

Same happened with Volvo a few years back.

Moved to Zurich now.

How are others getting on?

I have a 05 landcruiser; FBD will now only cover it 3rd party fire and theft!

So after being with FBd since I was 18 that’s the end of it.

Same happened with Volvo a few years back.

Moved to Zurich now.

How are others getting on?

Back