fendt

houlie87

Rather than diluting another thread I said id start a new one, iv been pricing new tractors recently and seen as who ever comes up the price of john deeres seems to sniffing glue lately Iv been left with no other option only to look at the now cheaper option of the fendt, with a new dealer opened in birr id be thinking there would be decent deals to be had at the minute, id be interested to hear how people find the fendts in regards to running costs and reliability,

Rather than diluting another thread I said id start a new one, iv been pricing new tractors recently and seen as who ever comes up the price of john deeres seems to sniffing glue lately Iv been left with no other option only to look at the now cheaper option of the fendt, with a new dealer opened in birr id be thinking there would be decent deals to be had at the minute, id be interested to hear how people find the fendts in regards to running costs and reliability,
Nothing cheap about them!!! Had one of the men in the yard today and bad and all as John Deere are I think they are looking like they will be dearer........ it’s looking like it will might be deutz or New Holland at the moment ( although still waiting on a price for a “bastard” Massey !!!!)

your right, I wasn't suggesting that they were a cheap tractor, but they are comeing in cheaper than john deere with me at the minute and tbh id say when I get down to it the fendt lads will do a bit more where deere don't seem to want to budge,

Nothing cheap about them!!! Had one of the men in the yard today and bad and all as John Deere are I think they are looking like they will be dearer........ it’s looking like it will might be deutz or New Holland at the moment ( although still waiting on a price for a “bastard” Massey !!!!)
Assuming it's the same MF dealer you'll be waiting. We were in 5 years ago pricing up a new one and we're still waiting.

What size are you looking at?
Between the very heavy weight and the Vario the smaller 700's can seem very dead.

I was driving a 720 Fendt on a stoning cart today . I never drove one on Pedal mode before and it was very nice to drive .

your right, I wasn't suggesting that they were a cheap tractor, but they are comeing in cheaper than john deere with me at the minute and tbh id say when I get down to it the fendt lads will do a bit more where deere don't seem to want to budge,
Had a little bit of a heated conversation with the jd salesman (also a neighbor) when I told him how far out on price he was, he wasn’t happy with the offer I gave him and said it was up to him if he wanted to deal and I had no problem buying another make. Not to sure but hearing reports of jd dealers up the country giving a lot better deals but unfortunately they won’t sell into another area.

I've heard a few reports lately that would seem to suggest that if a competitor pimps their tractor to standard Fendt spec (vario/CVT transmission, front linkage, electric spools etc) the Fendt is coming in cheaper, the same story came back about a couple of different paint schemes.

Assuming it's the same MF dealer you'll be waiting. We were in 5 years ago pricing up a new one and we're still waiting.
I'm waiting nearly 14 years for a Massey salesman to come back to me with a price for a new tractor. I don't think the long-standing dealers are used to selling tractors, they were more accustomed to people going in to buy them.

Our JD man was trying to get us to consider a new tractor during the summer.
His patter was that tractors accross the board were going up an awful lot by next year. New regs of some kind forcing it?
Is it that some have gone up and others with stock standing not gone up yet?

Our JD man was trying to get us to consider a new tractor during the summer.
His patter was that tractors accross the board were going up an awful lot by next year. New regs of some kind forcing it?
Is it that some have gone up and others with stock standing not gone up yet?
New health & safety regulations I believe. For example there has to be a switch that kills the PTO if you leave the seat, unless you press another switch to manually override it, basically if you get wrapped up in anything it's your own fault and not the manufacturers. All new tractors registered after 1st January will have to comply, so any new unsold tractors a dealer is carrying in stock will have to be registered by the end of December is my understanding

What size are you looking at?
Between the very heavy weight and the Vario the smaller 700's can seem very dead.

a 718 fendt vs a 6175 deere
Had a little bit of a heated conversation with the jd salesman (also a neighbor) when I told him how far out on price he was, he wasn’t happy with the offer I gave him and said it was up to him if he wanted to deal and I had no problem buying another make. Not to sure but hearing reports of jd dealers up the country giving a lot better deals but unfortunately they won’t sell into another area.

had a similar conversation with the other salesman, im not holding my breath for him to come back with anything worth talking about,

I've heard a few reports lately that would seem to suggest that if a competitor pimps their tractor to standard Fendt spec (vario/CVT transmission, front linkage, electric spools etc) the Fendt is coming in cheaper, the same story came back about a couple of different paint schemes.

I actually had to untick a good few of the options you mention above to get the deere back to similar money,

I'm waiting nearly 14 years for a Massey salesman to come back to me with a price for a new tractor. I don't think the long-standing dealers are used to selling tractors, they were more accustomed to people going in to buy them.
Probably but the prices of todays tractors are quiet different to the prices of only a few years ago. Arrogance doesn't help.

New health & safety regulations I believe. For example there has to be a switch that kills the PTO if you leave the seat, unless you press another switch to manually override it, basically if you get wrapped up in anything it's your own fault and not the manufacturers. All new tractors registered after 1st January will have to comply, so any new unsold tractors a dealer is carrying in stock will have to be registered by the end of December is my understanding
You would have to wonder at some of the stuff that is being touted as the reason for price increases, linking a seat switch to PTO cutout can't cost too much, also heard that all edges have to have a minimum radius so no square edges on any bodywork.

a 718 fendt vs a 6175 deere

had a similar conversation with the other salesman, im not holding my breath for him to come back with anything worth talking about,

I actually had to untick a good few of the options you mention above to get the deere back to similar money,
The 718 would be not too bad, it was the smaller 2 that I think are really under powered.
The JD 6175R is even heavier than than the Fendt but has a fairly big boost.

You would have to wonder at some of the stuff that is being touted as the reason for price increases, linking a seat switch to PTO cutout can't cost too much, also heard that all edges have to have a minimum radius so no square edges on any bodywork.

also all new tractors have to be fitted with air brakes and wide angle mirrors

There is a huge difference between salesmen and order takers. I'd say the split is between 25% salesman to 75% order takers on the stands at any show.

Was told the square edge bit too! Wasn't sure I believed it.
I suppose the only way round is extra folds all the way over on bonet edges etc. Can see how that would cost!

There's an article in this week's journal all about it, Tractor Mother Regulations (TMR) is what it's called, they can carry over 10% of annual brand sales into 2018

also all new tractors have to be fitted with air brakes and wide angle mirrors
They don't have to have air brakes, dual line hydraulic brakes are a option either but air would probably be better
Over a certain hp surely?.
It's says all tractors according to the journal??
We should probably start another thread about this instead of sidetracking houlie87's thread

There's an article in this week's journal all about it, Tractor Mother Regulations (TMR) is what it's called, they can carry over 10% of annual brand sales into 2018

They don't have to have air brakes, dual line hydraulic brakes are a option either but air would probably be better

It's says all tractors according to the journal??
We should probably start another thread about this instead of sidetracking houlie87's thread
Ah I don't read the Journal anymore. I usually make stuff up instead, it's a lot more entertaining and usually more accurate.

Before we bought the 195 deere l drooled over fendt but went jd for various reasons inc price spoke to plenty of lads and guy with 720 told me his was dead enough but a lad with 718 up the Midlands drawing peat or something with corn trailers said his 718 would pull 820 720 and various similar sized tractors up and down the road. Just bought a 2nd hand 718 07 model and can't wait to get it.fendt is far tidier compact and turning circl is in a different league to John deere we have.if it's ur main tractor for driving yourself it's worth an extra few pound for a fendt not to mention fuel especially on road work and lighter duties if anyone tells you different tell them to take off there John deere underpants. Know a lad drawing 4 loads of 24 ton fert a day on long draws on 130 litres.195 burnt 125 spreading two 10 ton loads with 2 hrs road work. Still like the jd it's got it's good points just not enough to make me but another for myself to drive.

Back