A few of my photos

What will the stalks be used for? Are they normally baled?

Heres d gas part their going to be used as a windbreak for cattle i think in a feedlot and theyl be using them for feed along d winter too just as a filler in diet feeders. It depends on what d price is like for them if their in demand alot of lads will bale them up but most people like to leave them on d ground as d wind blows so bad and soil is so dry it blows ground like mad. Their a nightmare to bale as d stalks go up through d knotters and trip them all d time d 2 bosses were out of d tractors alot fixing knots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some pictures of d corn stalk stack theres 800+ bales in it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446049404.961784.jpg
Im going to be moving d stack for d owner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446049440.944496.jpg

This is d windbreak i made with d stalk bales it was very uneven ground around d feedlot
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446433011.404495.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446432946.890184.jpg

They had me make a stack so they can pull bales from during d winter. They needed to drag a bucket along and level out ground before i started. D stack looks bad but its standing and corn stalks a balls for sticking on d forks of d loader while stacking
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446433120.476686.jpg

Heres d loader i used its a CAT IT28F not a bad loader for having 16000 hours on it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446433252.492811.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446433263.814983.jpg

I was surprised how small some of their cattle were that they have in for feeding
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446433307.603594.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446433317.259163.jpg

Saw this man out spraying a field of milo today when i was loading up more stalk bales
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446497590.456333.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446497601.010690.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446497633.176248.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446497642.080918.jpg

To watch how these lads fly is unbelievable iv seen videos of them on youtube but to see it in person is a different kettle of fish

Those crop duster lads are serious suicide jockeys!! My god!! was driving down a road in OZ, between a field of maize and some tall ish trees, next thing we see is this plane appearing over the top of the maize and up he went almost skimming the trees.
Gave us some fright!!

Stories of some lads going under electric wires to keep from having to not do the end of the field!

Saw this man out spraying a field of milo today when i was loading up more stalk bales
View attachment 33100
View attachment 33101
View attachment 33102
View attachment 33103

To watch how these lads fly is unbelievable iv seen videos of them on youtube but to see it in person is a different kettle of fish

I used watch one lad near where I was stationed spraying various crops and he was mental. Used fly under as well as over power lines and side ways through trees. I heard he pulled the wheels off his plane on power lines and just continued to crop dust until he had it done and then crash landed the plane.

Any idea how they know what ground is dusted, do they use GPS or what?

As far as i know it's some breed of a gps it must be a damn good gps to keep up with them boys. Iv also heard that they used to drop bog roll and ribbons back in d day but i dont know how that worked

As far as i know it's some breed of a gps it must be a damn good gps to keep up with them boys. Iv also heard that they used to drop bog roll and ribbons back in d day but i dont know how that worked

You'd need a good supply of bog roll if you were a passenger:whistle:

I used watch one lad near where I was stationed spraying various crops and he was mental. Used fly under as well as over power lines and side ways through trees. I heard he pulled the wheels off his plane on power lines and just continued to crop dust until he had it done and then crash landed the plane.

Iv heard stories similar to that alright. I was told that some of them have a game to see who can get d closest to a power line or other obstacles before they lift d plant to go over or under them. Iv heard of 1 lad who blew d engine mid flight and landed it on a dirt road they say he didn't even get a fright but iv only heard these stories

Passed by this field of feed cane I believe they call it and whoever baled 1st cutting never picked any of d bales and its a pivot aswell
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446668841.875381.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446668860.265995.jpg

Passed by this field of feed cane I believe they call it and whoever baled 1st cutting never picked any of d bales and its a pivot aswell
View attachment 33132
View attachment 33133

We baled a place on nz where the harvesters couldn't pick up with with wire.
They left some and fed the rest out in the fields.
You'd be the man to ask.
Did scott johnson farms go bust

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

We baled a place on nz where the harvesters couldn't pick up with with wire.
They left some and fed the rest out in the fields.
You'd be the man to ask.
Did scott johnson farms go bust

Was johnson a chopping crew from texas?
If thats him they auctioned off his stuff earlier this spring i think

Yeah that was him I tink he had 7 claas 970s

Heres a listing from his auction i found on google I remember reading a more detailed listing at d time
http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/pwdetails.cgi?150225B

There was another fairly big combine crew went bust this year aswell called south fork harvesting if any1 here knew of them
http://sullivanauctioneers.com/auction/south-fork-harvesters-inc-absolute-auction/

Heres a listing from his auction i found on google I remember reading a more detailed listing at d time
http://www.purplewave.com/cgi-bin/pwdetails.cgi?150225B

There was another fairly big combine crew went bust this year aswell called south fork harvesting if any1 here knew of them
http://sullivanauctioneers.com/auction/south-fork-harvesters-inc-absolute-auction/

South fork harvesting were the remains of s&l farms.
Anyone remember the two thousand mile harvest?
That was them.
The guy that ran it was in an accident in a jeep and was blinded and left in a wheelchair.

Best of look with it . Neighbours have 2 white roof 7840s , an SL and an SLE, and think highly of both of them. Is that a DG sticker ?
His 2 brothers would live near you .

Back