Few pictures of stuff

Made a start at this today. I'm very pleased with it and it's not nearly as awkward as I was expecting. 15 yard headlands is also plenty big. I didn't bother looping around. Just drive out back up and drive back in.

20190325_174924.jpg
20190325_174908.jpg
Soil is in great order
20190325_173758_001.jpg
I got a playmate for the valtra
20190323_102837.jpg
3 years searching for a clean one and finally got one up @wdah country lately. 8200 hours on her. Never painted and the aircon even works. Ex UK arable tractor. The previous owner up North had her driving a jf harvester and put 100 hours a year on it.

Tidy , dp would that be about the same as the Valtra power wise?
Not to far off the Valtra. It's around 190hp and the Valtra is 210. 7.4 litre engines in both but very little resemblance after that plus the Massey lets up just the right amount of smoke when you put the boot down :thumbup:.

Made a start at this today. I'm very pleased with it and it's not nearly as awkward as I was expecting. 15 yard headlands is also plenty big. I didn't bother looping around. Just drive out back up and drive back in.

View attachment 64254
View attachment 64259
Soil is in great order
View attachment 64255
View attachment 64258
3 years searching for a clean one and finally got one up @wdah country lately. 8200 hours on her. Never painted and the aircon even works. Ex UK arable tractor. The previous owner up North had her driving a jf harvester and put 100 hours a year on it.

Oh she looks good, we had a bad 3090 from new and as much trouble as it gave I'd still love a 3690. Is it 40k? Best of luck with it

Oh she looks good, we had a bad 3090 from new and as much trouble as it gave I'd still love a 3690. Is it 40k? Best of luck with it
Thanks. We had a 3650 that we sold 10 or 12 years ago and we always regretted it. It was a fantastic machine for power and was very good on fuel. Slow as a wet week though and thats why we sold it(I think 28k was it's speed). Kind of decided to get another 36 if the right one came up. Yep shes a 40k. I don't think the 90's ever came as a 30k did they?. It'll be furrow pressing tomorrow and I'll get a piccy or 2 all going well.

Not to far off the Valtra. It's around 190hp and the Valtra is 210. 7.4 litre engines in both but very little resemblance after that plus the Massey lets up just the right amount of smoke when you put the boot down :thumbup:.

You kept that quite. She looks a minter. :Thumbp2::Thumbp2:

View attachment 64254
View attachment 64259
Soil is in great order
View attachment 64255
View attachment 64258

That's looks a cracker , dp. A great find.
No need for the Valtra at all now.
Your "friends" father in law to be has both a 3680 and a 3690. Lovely burble out those engines.

That's looks a cracker , dp. A great find.
No need for the Valtra at all now.
Your "friends" father in law to be has both a 3680 and a 3690. Lovely burble out those engines.
She's fairly tidy alright jf. Yeah I've seen videos on the phone of his 36's at silage. Lovely sound as you say.

View attachment 64254
View attachment 64259
Soil is in great order
View attachment 64255
View attachment 64258
Love it well wear show us a few pictures from inside if you get a chance.

View attachment 64254
View attachment 64259
Soil is in great order
View attachment 64255
View attachment 64258

they were common here for a while driving harvesters. I would like one but just fear the gearbox, not sure if it was sorted in the 3690, the dyne wasn't a fan of the sisu form what I was told. Is it open or closed hydraulics? still a 3680 running local doing umbilical work after doing many years in front of a ten x

well wear anyway, have you got a fancy for the sisu engine too?

Were the 3690 available with a full powershift box aswell as the dyna? Well wear hope she's lucky, always liked the 3690's we had the smaller 3095 here for a good few years.

Have you much ploughing to do dp?
because with the whole way the sequence works in turn over with the steering its far handier to come out and turn round and the wheel will be turning as your turning over and you nearly wont have to be looking at the plough.it will take a few acres to get the swing of it but will work like clockwork.
The 36 is in some shape,was one localy here for a few years,fair animal.
Did you get the valtra chipped already? Didn’t realise she was 210hp?
No shortage of hp now.

We had two of those type ploughs and I always plumbed the pipes so when you lifted the arms and pulled the levers to lift the rear wheel and then turn over it was in sequence . I could go for ages without putting my foot on the clutch because I was just looping around at the headland . Make sure the stops on the steering are out as far as is safe for shorter turns . We used work the two ploughs together and we never had a crash at the headland . Sometimes we would have a contractor in with a five furrow mounted and the second tractor would pull out of the way at the headland and become the last tractor . My mother said it was like watching Ballet .

Have you much ploughing to do dp?
because with the whole way the sequence works in turn over with the steering its far handier to come out and turn round and the wheel will be turning as your turning over and you nearly wont have to be looking at the plough.it will take a few acres to get the swing of it but will work like clockwork.
The 36 is in some shape,was one localy here for a few years,fair animal.
Did you get the valtra chipped already? Didn’t realise she was 210hp?
No shortage of hp now.
No chip on her Barry. Thats what they are. Well thats with boost I assume. It's well able for the plough anyway. yeah that 36 is probably amongst the cleanest ones left. Not a spec of rust in any of the usual places. @wdah mentioned about the dyna giving bother. That one got a new dyna 400 hours ago. I don't think the last owner knew that as he didn't mention it but I rang the dealer who imported it into Ireland and asked him about it and he told me he had done the dyna. He'd be a well known Massey man in Tyrone for any wanting to to know.

No chip on her Barry. Thats what they are. Well thats with boost I assume. It's well able for the plough anyway. yeah that 36 is probably amongst the cleanest ones left. Not a spec of rust in any of the usual places. @wdah mentioned about the dyna giving bother. That one got a new dyna 400 hours ago. I don't think the last owner knew that as he didn't mention it but I rang the dealer who imported it into Ireland and asked him about it and he told me he had done the dyna. He'd be a well known Massey man in Tyrone for any wanting to to know.

a small massey agency, in midulster or the bigger main agent. I send the 6180 here to the small agency, best about and nice to deal with and helpful. some day I might get sisu massey.

a small massey agency, in midulster or the bigger main agent. I send the 6180 here to the small agency, best about and nice to deal with and helpful. some day I might get sisu massey.
I don't know that but his initials are SS if that helps. I always liked Perkins engines but they wouldn't hold a candle next to Sisu ones.

I don't know that but his initials are SS if that helps. I always liked Perkins engines but they wouldn't hold a candle next to Sisu ones.

that looks like grassland you are ploughing there DP, how long ago did you roundup it, and how long before it will be green I wonder

that looks like grassland you are ploughing there DP, how long ago did you roundup it, and how long before it will be green I wonder
It is or was a grass field. Docks had it taken over and years of spraying it for them has wiped out the clover and a bad kind of a pasture was getting up in it. I burnt it off 4 weeks ago. The roundup was very slow working on it but it got a very good kill.

Back