Few pictures of stuff

I used to have a shed like that and from what I I know of it it came in second hand from Wales in 1904 I have a drawing of it as well it was put up beside a Boreen with trees in it it rotted the pillars over time the roof of it was perfect apart from a odd hole it takes a bit of effort to dig out the pillars solid concrete

The hayshed that used to be here , was put up second hand approx 100 years ago. It had been previously standing at the Curragh Camp , and was used to house horses being trained for action during The First World War . I took it down in 1999. Some of it actually fell down when I started at it . The roof was a very flat round roof , and the sheeting was rotten for years at the bolted laps . The pillars and framework were all 2 1/2 inch angle. Two pieces bolted together for pillars . It was 5 x 12 ft spans . There was a similar shed about 3 miles away , and he took it down about 3 years before I did.

I was in a yard very near here recently , and noticed that the sheeting was rivetted to the steel runners . I would say it possibly a 1930s or 40s shed ?

only problem with laminating is it's a one way process. frames are cheap (my wife seems to buy a dozen every time we go to ikea, yet there's very few up in the house)
@diesel power scan it before you laminate if you decide to go down that route agree with above though I’d be more inclined to frame (and scan it :smile:)

2nd cut today for baling and I got this to try out the valtra on.
View attachment 67406 View attachment 67407

I don't suppose the tractor noticed the draw on power.
I imagine a lad needs to be wide awake using the pair .

Your brother told me 3 weeks ago that he had silage finished until 2020...
Notice he is “enjoying “ the snort of the big Sisu :Thumbp2::rolleyes2:

I know there's been good growth.

Last edited:
I don't suppose the tractor noticed the draw on power.
I imagine a lad needs to be wide awake using the pair .

Your brother told me 3 weeks ago that he had silage finished until 2020...
Notice he is “enjoying “ the snort of the big Sisu :Thumbp2::rolleyes2:

I know there's been good growth.
It handled the 2 mowers no bother but grass is dry and it's not that heavy. You would want to be awake alright. I was mowing away minding my own business when I realized half way up the first field that I'd forgotten to drop the back mower :rolleyes2:. Aye we're both finished silage or thought we were but grass is growing at a fierce rate and has outgrown what the cattle are able to eat. He's very happy with the MF as can be seen in the above picture :laugh:.

It handled the 2 mowers no bother but grass is dry and it's not that heavy. You would want to be awake alright. I was mowing away minding my own business when I realized half way up the first field that I'd forgotten to drop the back mower :rolleyes2:. Aye we're both finished silage or thought we were but grass is growing at a fierce rate and has outgrown what the cattle are able to eat. He's very happy with the MF as can be seen in the above picture :laugh:.
I think the dog prefers the Massey.

:Thumbp2:
You had to go wide enough so!

Those rims look in good order.

I hadn't realised you had trailer brakes on the Landini :scratchhead:
58 inches to the insides of the tyres. I hope to get a chance to blast and paint those rims. You wouldn't know what Landini call their wheel colour?.
It was the brother fitted the trailer braking himself. Massey and Ford bits combined and some cobbled together bits to get it working. Does the job.

58 inches to the insides of the tyres. I hope to get a chance to blast and paint those rims. You wouldn't know what Landini call their wheel colour?.
It was the brother fitted the trailer braking himself. Massey and Ford bits combined and some cobbled together bits to get it working. Does the job.

Isn't the wheel colour the same as one of the MF colours? should be the same as on the 3690 I think.:scratchhead:

There's a reference to on The Landini thread in the past three months or so but I can't find It exactly :oops2:

I finally thought to get a picture of the hayshed that's on those old plans
View attachment 67762 View attachment 67763 View attachment 67764 View attachment 67765
The paint is red lead and is a lot older then myself and no fear of it giving up for a while yet.
That's stood the test of time very well, just a small bit of rot on the overlaps, there is some difference between that corrugated iron and todays stuff, you would have a job to drive a nail through the old stuff. Never seen that nameplate, maybe I'm too far south..:laugh:

That's stood the test of time very well, just a small bit of rot on the overlaps, there is some difference between that corrugated iron and todays stuff, you would have a job to drive a nail through the old stuff. Never seen that nameplate, maybe I'm too far south..:laugh:
You could have a drunken rave on the roof of that and not dent it unlike todays rubbish where you'd nearly want slippers on not to mark it.
That shed wouldn't be to far from you as the crow flies.

I finally thought to get a picture of the hayshed that's on those old plans
View attachment 67762 View attachment 67763 View attachment 67764 View attachment 67765
The paint is red lead and is a lot older then myself and no fear of it giving up for a while yet.

there was a 3 bay shed here exactly the same here, remember the name plate, didn't last as good as yours though, a lot of the angle iron rotted, which I done a botch repair job circa 1977.

repair wasn't a great suscess and I eventually converted it to lean to style (flat) roof early 1990's

somehow the year 1903 is lingering in my head for it's build , can't remember why , maybe I saw an invoice in the old house, (could be miles off here though)

I got a call at dinner time from my aunt who lives here to come quick
20190801_143409.jpg
No idea how it started but it is beside a public road and we think a careless cigarette butt. Roughly an hour and 90 odd bales of straw and about 8 ish acres gone up in smoke. Not how i saw my day going when i got up this morning

I got a call at dinner time from my aunt who lives here to come quick
View attachment 68499
No idea how it started but it is beside a public road and we think a careless cigarette butt. Roughly an hour and 90 odd bales of straw and about 8 ish acres gone up in smoke. Not how i saw my day going when i got up this morning

Can't like that dp.

At least no one was hurt.

Back