For the ploughmen

true, Fendt drivers consider themselves a bit too precious to be bothered turning steering wheels.
I can picture it now, you just get to the headland and press a button and it will go through the program, lift plough, lower front linkage, brake inside rear wheel and turn over the plough, lift front linkage, lower plough and head off GPS guided for arrow straight furrow, easy peasy..:laugh:

I can picture it now, you just get to the headland and press a button and it will go through the program, lift plough, lower front linkage, brake inside rear wheel and turn over the plough, lift front linkage, lower plough and head off GPS guided for arrow straight furrow, easy peasy..:laugh:
Do new Fendt's have independent brakes? The wheel in the vid is powered by looks, there's pipes going to it??

Using a tm155 here for the plough. 4f standard no depth wheel. What way do the draft setting work cause I can get no consistency from them. Should top link be slack when working? I suppose for that you'd need a depth wheel?

Using a tm155 here for the plough. 4f standard no depth wheel. What way do the draft setting work cause I can get no consistency from them. Should top link be slack when working? I suppose for that you'd need a depth wheel?
TM uses lower link draft sensors, so you need a good depth wheel for it to work, with a depth wheel and lower link sensors you should have the toplink in the slotted hole, but this will not work without a depth wheel.
In my opinion you would be as well to for forget the draft settings completely, unless you get a plough wheel, and just plough with the toplink in the fixed hole and your tractor's lift set in position. It is not ideal, but will work and the TM will be under very little pressure so the lack of help for the draft will not be an issue, it will be a bit less accurate at following the undulations in a field, but best you can do with what you have. As my Father use to say, there won't be a word about it at Christmas.

TM uses lower link draft sensors, so you need a good depth wheel for it to work, with a depth wheel and lower link sensors you should have the toplink in the slotted hole, but this will not work without a depth wheel.
In my opinion you would be as well to for forget the draft settings completely, unless you get a plough wheel, and just plough with the toplink in the fixed hole and your tractor's lift set in position. It is not ideal, but will work and the TM will be under very little pressure so the lack of help for the draft will not be an issue, it will be a bit less accurate at following the undulations in a field, but best you can do with what you have. As my Father use to say, there won't be a word about it at Christmas.

Agree with this

Plough has no slot for toplink. Could I use a chain for a toplink?

I knocked up an adjustable depth wheel for a 4 sod kverneland round beam plough for a man two years ago, a stub axle and wheel from a MK3 golf and some box iron. An hour or twos work. I posted a photo of it somewhere on here at the time. Might be worth bodging on a wheel rather than skimming and subsoiling the ground with little control. An older tractor with top link sensing would be far more suited to it if you have something suitable...

If it doesn’t have a depth wheel then I wouldn’t expect it to have a slot, it should just have holes.
So you’ll just use it on your tractor with no sensing active.
Sorry they are going to fabricate a depth wheel for it. Will it need a slot/chain or will it work in the tight hole?

Sorry they are going to fabricate a depth wheel for it. Will it need a slot/chain or will it work in the tight hole?
Ah right, I would imagine you’d need a slot then. Or perhaps a chain. Otherwise you’ll put the toplink under big compression forces.
A chain would allow a serious slap for the plough though if going across rough ground.

If going with a depth wheel, I’d prefer to cut a slot.

Ah right, I would imagine you’d need a slot then. Or perhaps a chain. Otherwise you’ll put the toplink under big compression forces.
A chain would allow a serious slap for the plough though if going across rough ground.

If going with a depth wheel, I’d prefer to cut a slot.
I was thinking for a minute why it would slap but I guess you mean when carrying it raised. It might but our land thankfully isn't too rough.

Would KV parts fit this plough and if so what boards would suit, or indeed any other info that would help

20200412_145134.jpg 20200412_145220.jpg

Think those were Hydrein boards on the yellow Bamford imported Kverneland ploughs, should be HYDREIN printed on the round beam. 12 inch number 3 boards usually.

Are they a good board /is there a better type that would fit?

Are they a good board /is there a better type that would fit?
It’s a shallow board, don’t think you can plough deeper than 6 inches, or more to the point the one Hydrein plough that I know of still in operation doesn’t do a great job turning the sod. Not sure if you can fit no. 3 boards instead. I think Hydrein parts are hard to be got.

It’s a shallow board, don’t think you can plough deeper than 6 inches, or more to the point the one Hydrein plough that I know of still in operation doesn’t do a great job turning the sod. Not sure if you can fit no. 3 boards instead. I think Hydrein parts are hard to be got.

Would Mike Roche be helpful or would he be annoyed with questions like this?

No 3 are even hard got . Not everywhere stocks them now.

Would Mike Roche be helpful or would he be annoyed with questions like this?
I’d doubt he’d have anything for them, is it a plough you’re considering to buy? A standard “red” round beam plough on no 3 boards would be a far better bet, parts available and a whole plough bought for around €800.
I have no3 boards on my reversible and it does a grand job when set up properly.

I’d doubt he’d have anything for them, is it a plough you’re considering to buy? A standard “red” round beam plough on no 3 boards would be a far better bet, parts available and a whole plough bought for around €800.
I have no3 boards on my reversible and it does a grand job when set up properly.

I have it here for years, the thought occurred to me to do something with it to make it useable.

I have it here for years, the thought occurred to me to do something with it to make it useable.
Without skimmers or discs it’d cost a bit to get it useable, not to mention polishing those boards will be fun.

Back