Ford 6600

K

This restoration is as good as it gets, drives me mad when someone tells you they will do something the same as original and then do the likes of that to the seat, I can well imagine you were disappointed, I wouldn't even fit it to be honest. That cab interior is a credit to you
Cheers Liam. Yes it's very annoying and disappointing and cost a good bit of money. I don't want to rush the job or cut any corners but there is local tractor run on here in few weeks time and I want to go to it so I'll probably leave it in it for the moment and try to find some other crowd to recover it afterwards. At least it's an easy thing to change, the seat frame can stay in the tractor and just remove the cushions.

I hope ypu have some shed that bone dry to store her. You woudnt want any rain blowing in over her in the winter.

Lovely job there Markmex!

Is that air cleaner mushroom the original, it's different to the ones in the brochures :scratchhead:
I've been thinking a bit more about the air cleaner mushroom, I've def seen the same type as mine on other 6600s ,although not as often as the other type, and the ones I saw them on also had power plus stickers like mine so I'm just wondering if the power plus ones had that type mushroom which I think is the same as the 6610 which was just about to be introduced? Maybe somebody on here may know better. Also there are 2 types of air filter for them, my one takes a double filter, a small inner one and a large outer one whereas the other type I think is just a single filter which is quite a bit smaller.
The other thing which makes me think it's original is that nothing was messed with on that tractor, the only thing that wasn't on it that should have been there was the rear work light brackets. The nose cone was completely undamaged so it's unlikely the mushroom was damaged and I doubt it rotted off although when you see the state of the cab you never know.:lol:

I've been thinking a bit more about the air cleaner mushroom, I've def seen the same type as mine on other 6600s ,although not as often as the other type, and the ones I saw them on also had power plus stickers like mine so I'm just wondering if the power plus ones had that type mushroom which I think is the same as the 6610 which was just about to be introduced? Maybe somebody on here may know better. Also there are 2 types of air filter for them, my one takes a double filter, a small inner one and a large outer one whereas the other type I think is just a single filter which is quite a bit smaller.
The other thing which makes me think it's original is that nothing was messed with on that tractor, the only thing that wasn't on it that should have been there was the rear work light brackets. The nose cone was completely undamaged so it's unlikely the mushroom was damaged and I doubt it rotted off although when you see the state of the cab you never know.:lol:

All I can tell you on that is the 3600 here has the same double air filter setup that you mention and it is fitted with what you would call the older setup. ....

Just for confuse it more!!

Well I took a trip to the north Saturday morning to try to get some hard to find bits to finish this tractor. I called to Neills vintage spares near cookstown, they sell a lot of vintage tractor parts and also export a lot of tractors so they told me if I called up with some tools I could have a root through them for bits. My own inner roof panels had a lot of small cracks and the gear lever gator was badly torn plus I had no pto cover and guard, I saw lots of pto guards on ebay but couldn't lay my hands on a 2 speed pto type to suit my tractor but luckily they had one there.20170725_175140.jpg 20170725_175149.jpg 20170725_175303.jpg 20170725_175311.jpg 20170725_175225.jpg 20170725_175231.jpg 20170725_175238.jpg

What's the difference between the single speed PTO hat and the twin speed version? Is it the number of grooves in it?

What's the difference between the single speed PTO hat and the twin speed version? Is it the number of grooves in it?
The caps outer diameter is the same as any of ford pto caps but the 2 speed one flairs out where the threads start as that area on the pto housing is of a bigger diameter, presumably to allow the removal of the circlip to swap the shaft. The shield is also different as the pto housing is different, on mine the shield goes around the pto housing which the top link bracket also attaches to and is held in place by two clip whereas the single speed is held by one clip. I just painted those bits this evening so when I stick them on ill get a few better pics which will prob explain it better.

Well she is very near now thankfully, have to adjust the brakes and fit the door seals and a few other wee jobs and she will be done, almost 9 months later. There are a few things I will change if I can find them but they are only small and easy changed, the number plate lights are not correct, they are off a 10 series but the originals are near impossible to find. I have found 1 in George Burtons place in the north, the metal shell is OK but glass is broke but that would be easy enough to sort, it will be a bigger problem to find another but I'll keep searching. Same problem with the work lights, I missed a set on ebay a while back, they were quite rusty lookin inside but still went into big money but in hindsight I prob should have bought them and fitted new reflectors in them. I have fitted the ones which were on the tractor when I bought it and they will do for the moment, I don't think they look too out of place. Also fitted mirrors and number plate and new filters for the ventilation in the cab.20170730_120313.jpg 20170730_120323.jpg 20170730_120338.jpg 20170730_120348.jpg 20170730_120402.jpg 20170730_174524.jpg 20170730_174546.jpg 20170730_120418.jpg 20170730_120436.jpg

Just a pic of them fitted, the single speed one just has 1 clip in the middle of where the 2 clips are fitted on mine and I think the part the top link bracket fits to is different also.View attachment 46728

The single clip is exactly the way the 3600 one here is done anyway!

Very impressive know there Mark, in particular I like the old style red rear number plate :Thumbp2:

Just a pic of them fitted, the single speed one just has 1 clip in the middle of where the 2 clips are fitted on mine and I think the part the top link bracket fits to is different also.View attachment 46728

Fantastic job done , Mark.
The 5600 here is a DP 2 speed PTO model. . came new on the 26 th of February 1976.

The top link bracket on a 2 speed one has 2 mounting holes for the top link pin, whereas a single speed has 3 holes.
The bit that bolts to the back off the tractor , as in bearing housing sticks out prouder from the tractor , and has 2 holes in it for the pin to hold the bracket.

IMG_3250.PNG IMG_3251.PNG IMG_3252.PNG
Well she is very near now thankfully, have to adjust the brakes and fit the door seals and a few other wee jobs and she will be done, almost 9 months later. There are a few things I will change if I can find them but they are only small and easy changed, the number plate lights are not correct, they are off a 10 series but the originals are near impossible to find. I have found 1 in George Burtons place in the north, the metal shell is OK but glass is broke but that would be easy enough to sort, it will be a bigger problem to find another but I'll keep searching. Same problem with the work lights, I missed a set on ebay a while back, they were quite rusty lookin inside but still went into big money but in hindsight I prob should have bought them and fitted new reflectors in them. I have fitted the ones which were on the tractor when I bought it and they will do for the moment, I don't think they look too out of place. Also fitted mirrors and number plate and new filters for the ventilation in the cab.View attachment 46714 View attachment 46715 [ATTACHIMG_3250.PNGIMG_3251.PNGIMG_3252.PNG

I have the remains of a number plate and one lamp off a Ford 7600 that burned in 1993 .
Well she is very near now thankfully, have to adjust the brakes and fit the door seals and a few other wee jobs and she will be done, almost 9 months later. There are a few things I will change if I can find them but they are only small and easy changed, the number plate lights are not correct, they are off a 10 series but the originals are near impossible to find. I have found 1 in George Burtons place in the north, the metal shell is OK but glass is broke but that would be easy enough to sort, it will be a bigger problem to find another but I'll keep searching. Same problem with the work lights, I missed a set on ebay a while back, they were quite rusty lookin inside but still went into big money but in hindsight I prob should have bought them and fitted new reflectors in them. I have fitted the ones which were on the tractor when I bought it and they will do for the moment, I don't think they look too out of place. Also fitted mirrors and number plate and new filters for the

I have the remains of a number plate off a Ford 7600 that burned in 1993

20170909_163712.jpg 20170909_163720.jpg 20170909_163745.jpg 20170909_175506.jpg 20170909_193125.jpg Well it's been a few weeks since I updated this thread but in truth I've done very little with the tractor only use it and I'm pleased to say it's a pleasure to use. I did manage to finish most of the little jobs , they always seem to take the most time.
I got the chains back on for keeping the arms together, some of you will be pleased to see the baler twine gone!
Also got genuine covers for the spool valves and got a replacement quick release fitting for the one the was missing and this evening I bit the bullet and put back the power plus decals. In truth I don't really like them, I prefer the dual power ones but I suppose seeing as that's what should be on her I'll stick with it. I also got the number plate lights painted, (thanks again Bogman), just need to clean up the inside bracket and bulb holder on one side and make one for the other side.

Back