Ford 7610 Resto

Lacquer (spelling might be off) is what it's known as here. Whereabouts are you located. Castle paints in tullamore do it and there's a car paints supplier just up from castle paints in the same industrial estate. A good motor factors should have that stuff on the shelf.

Tried top part and no joy. I'm in the Midlands.
Some are saying that normal lacquer might react with the enamel paint???

Tbh I have used it on smaller jobs using the same paint with perfect results. A whole tractor though is a bit different. Maybe spray a bit of steel sheet and test some clear coat on it before committing to a whole tractor. I got the clear coat in roscrea auto factors. Couple of years ago now but i assume they still do it. Might be worth a call.

Good idea. Will go into top part on way home and get an aerosol can and try it on one panel I have sprayed:Thumbp2:

Well I got the clear. It's 2k so will try a small part on a panel and see. Gonna brush it on as I only want to mix a small amount:clap:

Well I tried some on the panel and I think we are good to go. I would assume the paint would blister if there was a reaction.....No signs of that anyway.

Right lads I need your opinion on this. What would you do with these arches on the cab.
Cut out and replace the pieces or treat and fill??
Now cutting out may end up with damaging the foam on the inside that is immaculate.

Attachments

• 20180827_191810.jpg
    20180827_191810.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 20180827_191820.jpg
    20180827_191820.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 78
Back