Ford/New Holland

So it does belong in the Ford/NH thread after all :lol::lol::lol:
View attachment 72547View attachment 72548

How long did that outfit stay trading for ?

On a tangent , in about 1978 , a crowd from Clonmel , I think , leased the International garage in Rathdowney , from the owner , Kieran Cummins, for a couple of years , while he concentrated on spannering for the haulage side of his business. Agritrac , they called themselves . They sold a lot of FORT 5 ft 6 drum mowers , which gave good enough accounts of themselves.
I dont know know how long they traded for , but by 1985 , the "Cummins Garage " sticker was back on new Internationals .
Maybe @Tengtooltom would know ?
That , in turn ceased trading in 2001. There is a tyre sales/fitter there now.

I think they closed end of '93, I bought a 7740 there in'92, the next one was a '95 from Meehan & Slattery.

You must have had several 7740s so ?
A 92 would be a white roof , and from the 1st year of 40 series production and from what I remember of photos you put up of your current 7740 , it's a blue roof.
How did it go for you ? There wasnt much thought of 40s around here , until they started to get to 10 k hours plus , and then they were great yokes. They wouldnt have appeared much around here until the early 00s , ex UK

You must have had several 7740s so ?
A 92 would be a white roof , and from the 1st year of 40 series production and from what I remember of photos you put up of your current 7740 , it's a blue roof.
How did it go for you ? There wasnt much thought of 40s around here , until they started to get to 10 k hours plus , and then they were great yokes. They wouldnt have appeared much around here until the early 00s , ex UK
Go back to here http://www.forum4farming.com/forum/index.php?threads/seen-for-sale.1064/page-675#post-584681 , the picture is gone in the link but the reg was 92 TS 1916 hence the tag.

How's looking for a 6600!!!

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/ford-6600-mint-condition/23752905

MjFmOTVkYzA0NWFlNjQ2YmQzZTVmZDRjYjA0YTRiZDT07cHWnWqv9LZmT3KX2UgiaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzgzODI3Mjh8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Looking for a pair of front fow crops to fit a 7840 if anyone has got a pair?
11.2 r32 would be d size to suit the back ones I have already 300/95/r46 thanks

20191229_125939.jpg 20191229_134330.jpg
Whats d cost of doing a respray on a tractor roughly? I have notions of sprucing up my 7840

Funny you should ask that.....
I was parked behind this Fiat 95/90 on Sunday at the tractor run . I remarked to the owner that it must have been repainted fairly recently , and that it would a scarce and desirable tractor . Ya , we spent a nice bit on her 2 years ago . We spent €6000 on her . Now , that included a new Dromone PUH.
She is mechanically 100 % , and what would we have bought for for 6 grand and it ?

Maybe it's only me , but I think I see a big bubble beside the click clack lever.

View attachment 73117 View attachment 73118

Funny you should ask that.....
I was parked behind this Fiat 95/90 on Sunday at the tractor run . I remarked to the owner that it must have been repainted fairly recently , and that it would a scarce and desirable tractor . Ya , we spent a nice bit on her 2 years ago . We spent €6000 on her . Now , that included a new Dromone PUH.
She is mechanically 100 % , and what would we have bought for for 6 grand and it ?

Maybe it's only me , but I think I see a big bubble beside the click clack lever.
Iv seen that tractor somewhere before d reg rings a bell

I didn't know him. But thought him relatively local. Tractor has David Grant stickers on it . I presume he sprayed it 2 years ago if his stickers are on it . And possibly sold it it to him previously.
He did a decent job on it. A bit more than id like to spend getting a tractor doneup

I didn't know him. But thought him relatively local. Tractor has David Grant stickers on it . I presume he sprayed it 2 years ago if his stickers are on it . And possibly sold it it to him previously.
What age man roughly was on that tractor? Im trying to think if its a fella from near roscrea that owns it. If its d 1 im thinking of he uses it for diet feeding and spraying i had to tow him up a steep hill to his other yard 1 frosty morning he lost grip

What age man roughly was on that tractor? Im trying to think if its a fella from near roscrea that owns it. If its d 1 im thinking of he uses it for diet feeding and spraying i had to tow him up a steep hill to his other yard 1 frosty morning he lost grip

35 to 40.
He had a Fleming bale handler on the back , and a Rossmore loader on the front . So doubt he is using a diet feeder with it .

I’d allow 2k at least, as when your start at it you will find other bits to replace and tidy up.

other hand you could do a handy job for 1000
I had a notion there lately to spruce it up for selling its not getting used enough here. A good wash would make it look not to bad

Back