Ford/New Holland

H pattern column shift gearboxes, what are they like?

I know there's no love for the rubix cube, but what about the H pattern box, was that ok?

I know there's no love for the rubix cube, but what about the H pattern box, was that ok?
Have an 1986 7610 here with H pattern and never gave an ounce of bother. We have a loader on it and usually leave the big leaver in 4 and shuttle the small one from low to reverse. 4th low foward is a bit slow but usually fine around sheds etc but reverse speed is grand.

A neighbour of mine had a 4610 with that gearstick under the steering wheel, he loved it!
Brilliant setup. As said earlier leave it in 4th and go low to reverse while keeping your hand on steering wheel at the same time. Loader here on a 4610 all her life too and no hassle. About 12k hours on it I think though clock has stopped and started a few times

Wouldn't be completely averse to them but other than the points above, they can restrict access a bit.

What have you spotted :deyective:

The question is how tall are you?
Shifted a lot of silage one summer with one. And my knee's got a hammering. But I'm over 6ft

Think that's a Spanish or Turkish version built under licence,hence the different cab. Probably got the paint brush treatment.........

Tidy alright but I'd still think it's nothing outstanding for the money that is being asked.:scratchhead:
Seems silly money, but I bought the claas in the UK the dealer I bought it off of offered me £7,000 stg exc VAT for my 2wd 7740 with 14,500hrs he would handle all transport it is a white roof manual box no Dual power said he had plenty customers for straight mechanical tractors with no electronics, I was taken aback. I still have it as not ready to sell it until end of summer (need to improve access for the Claas before it can go) but maybe there is a strong market for a reliable mechanical tractors.

Seems silly money, but I bought the claas in the UK the dealer I bought it off of offered me £7,000 stg exc VAT for my 2wd 7740 with 14,500hrs he would handle all transport it is a white roof manual box no Dual power said he had plenty customers for straight mechanical tractors with no electronics, I was taken aback. I still have it as not ready to sell it until end of summer (need to improve access for the Claas before it can go) but maybe there is a strong market for a reliable mechanical tractors.

I must admit although the hours on your 7740 are much higher I'd prefer it to that 6410 and not just from a power viewpoint.

I drove a high hour SLDP 7740 before and must say I was very impressed with how it wore the hours, around 16.5k at the time I think.

Back